[GT]AMD claims it will power another gaming device (New Nintendo)

TwistedDictator
Go to solution Solved by TwistedDictator,

Let me just say, fuck off ARM. Intel's x86 architecture is also becoming really fucking good at the low power stuff while being more powerful than arm.

Also that quote is really hard to read and I still don't quite know what the hell he means, something something ARM something AMD APU

APUs have a lower power consumption and can outperform an Intel chip using its intergated graphics. Console are a gaming platform that require graphic power. If they went for a intel chips they be prepared for shitter graphics unless you add a GPU which will then lead the console to cost higher.

AMD is the only one that can provide powerful GPU+CPU X86 all in a low power packaged in a SOC.

Another major gaming device? 

Yea, cause locking yourselves into both consoles CLEARLY already turned your business around, am I right? 

If it bring them business then what wrong with that?

Here's a thought.

Make the fucking thing a few inches wider and slap an actual GPU into it, with a 2 core cpu. And voila! better graphics, at not that much higher of a cost.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That would sky rocket the cost lol, and considering the WIi U used a 3-core CPU, it wouldn't be favorable unless the single core performance on that dual core is through the roof (and knowing AMD, it won't be).

1. They can go back 5 generations worth of Nvidia hardware and find a cheap GPU to use that will outdo both current consoles

2. Dual Core pentium anniversary edition? Or just do this!

1. And then the power consumption and heat would be through the roof...an APU is the only real solution here
  2. It doesn't work like that :D though it would be cool if it did. 450 to build the system + promotional fees + taxes will leave you at around $600 at launch for a Nintendo console. That = no lol

The solution to heat, is not cramming everything into a tiny ass box. The smallest you really need for the living room is an Matx case.

Or there's a better solution. Everyone stop buying consoles, take the 599 or 499 for the next "gen" of consoles, and buy a better PC instead, since everyone already owns a PC in one form or another (laptop, desktop, either one). Instead of a 499 gaming console and 599 PC/laptop for youtube videos and email, just combine the prices of the 2 and get a 1000 PC!

*TADA*

If we stop buying them, the devs and producers will have no choice but to move to PC with us. There's already FAR more titles on PC as it is anyways. (just not those exclusives that are on console, but we have far more exclusive titles anyways)

One reason I can't do that.

*puts on glasses in a serious manner*

FyRe5L0.jpg

Zelda.

I know that feels bro. But if we all moved over, they would have to as well (I would hope....)

I still don't know why they don't release that for PC with good graphics, I'd wager there's plenty of people like me who would pay well upwards of $59.99 for such a game.

"AMD is the only one that can provide powerful GPU+CPU X86 all in a low power packaged in a SOC."

Inb4 Intel's low power haswell i5s and i7s with Iris graphics with 28W TDP... But if you say so, my dear...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

You're late since they already discussed it, and price? Those things are expensive and don't offer anything over an AMD APU except for better CPU performance.

Trus, they are very expensive, but I was just trying to make a point... Because since when does AMD make EFFICIENT SoCs?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Trus, they are very expensive, but I was just trying to make a point... Because since when does AMD make EFFICIENT SoCs?

For a while now if you ask me, Kabini was a very impressive SoC. An entire AM1 system at peak will only pull around 50 watts from the wall. Carrizo-L should be just as impressive with Puma+ cores and GCN. Both SoC's in the next gen consoles are quite impressive as well.