[GT]AMD claims it will power another gaming device (New Nintendo)

TwistedDictator
Go to solution Solved by TwistedDictator,

Let me just say, fuck off ARM. Intel's x86 architecture is also becoming really fucking good at the low power stuff while being more powerful than arm.

Also that quote is really hard to read and I still don't quite know what the hell he means, something something ARM something AMD APU

APUs have a lower power consumption and can outperform an Intel chip using its intergated graphics. Console are a gaming platform that require graphic power. If they went for a intel chips they be prepared for shitter graphics unless you add a GPU which will then lead the console to cost higher.

AMD is the only one that can provide powerful GPU+CPU X86 all in a low power packaged in a SOC.

Another major gaming device? 

Yea, cause locking yourselves into both consoles CLEARLY already turned your business around, am I right? 

If it bring them business then what wrong with that?

You are, you are advertising great result before something is even released.

It's still a cropped image...you didn't show where it's from.

Even assuming it's true, that's newegg's listing(newegg does not sell every model of laptops, btw)...not relevant to ACTUAL number of laptops...

Evidence? You speak of evidence? That's almost funny. I don't need evidence to be skeptical of something that has yet to have been released...it's called common sense(and I understand some people on internet has a lack of such thing).

Cry more about edits.

I'm only basing my opinion on what we already know about similar variants of APU's. Carrizo is essentially the mobile copy of the A10-7850K spec wise other than newer CPU and GPU architectures. Not hard to base a judgement on that. I told you exactly where it was from (Newegg). Fate posted above Amazon and TigerDirect sources. Is that enough to come to a conclusion that 1366x768 is dominant in the laptop market? I base my opinions on what we all already know about said hardware. This thread really isn't about Carrizo as well tho I brought it up to combat your "Intel has better options for the same price" claims. Someones just needs to admit to being sour.

funny-monkey-o.gif

This topic is starting to stink.

The "he said she said" routine that happens per usual.  :lol:

trainn.jpg?1260328965

If every hardware retailer shows they carry more 1366x768 laptops than other resolutions, how is that not at all relevant to the actual number of laptops?

Because it tells you nothing about how many are sold and how many(which ones) are used to play games, and it does not tell you anything about people playing on 1080p(or higher) external displays.

Steam survey tells you that primary resolution is 1080p(as usual), too bad it does not include one for laptops.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

INB4 it turns out to be Facebook, Sharp or Amazon who're trying to cobble together a console. Those are my bets!

Let me share a secret that will raise your life quality; "the ignore function, use the ignore function, Luka"

Yes. But then, I let the misinformation and retardness spread. And i cant let that... And you've no idea how much I want to bash his head in the pavement every time he does it... -.-

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

AMD has had stacked memory on their roadmaps since 2009, and I can't find a single Nvidia roadmap before 2011 touting stacked memory.

Can you even find a map that old? I remember it mentioned in 07-08.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Intel's architecture is far inferior to AMD's especially for gaming. That's something I doubt will ever change for the perceivable years to come. Intel doesn't have the background to start developing gaming graphics cores. I don't foresee Intel ever joining Nvidia and AMD in the gaming GPU market. Even the A10-7850k is being choked by slow memory bandwidth yet it still absolutely destroys everything Intel offers.

The last people to say Intel didn't have the background or engineers for X were IBM, Sun, and Broadcomm referring ro server systems. How did that turn out?

As per gaming CURRENTLY, so what? Broadwell's 50% more powerful. Intel is adding more dedicated hardware with each generation. Intel started with the idea of just making low-power chips for corporate environments to shove Nvidia and ATI (at the time) clean out of the market for corporate dGPUs. If Intel decides it wants something, it tends to get it. There's a staunch history there. It's been stupid to bet against Intel for decades. To start before Zen drops and is measured is foolhardy.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It may come for Pascal. Clearly Nvidia didn't see AMD as being enough of a threat to require unified memory and independent dispatching this time around.

It may come for Pascal. Clearly Nvidia didn't see AMD as being enough of a threat to require unified memory and independent dispatching this time around.

You always seem to have a way to turn every single argument into Nvidias favor.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

You always seem to have a way to turn every single argument into Nvidias favor.

No, I just know how Jen-Hsun Huang thinks.

Of course you do... And you also have his home address and number

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Delusion, destruction, salvation.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Delusion, destruction, salvation.

Yup, simple pattern to follow.

Of course you do... And you also have his home address and number

See above. Furthermore, if you're going to continue stalking my posts and making an arse of yourself, I won't hesitate to report you again.

Maybe it's going to be the SteamBoy portable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM63RuEhgHU  :P

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Yup, simple pattern to follow.

See above. Furthermore, if you're going to continue stalking my posts and making an arse of yourself, I won't hesitate to report you again.

Stalking your posts? It's a public forum...

Making an arse of myself? If trying to stop your bullshit and misinformation means making an ass of myself, then so be it. I'd rather be an ass and keep the forums clean than have you spew your bs around...

Stalking your posts? It's a public forum...

Making an arse of myself? If trying to stop your bullshit and misinformation means making an ass of myself, then so be it. I'd rather be an ass and keep the forums clean than have you spew your bs around...

A pretext which you don't actually follow. And you put every effort into bashing only my posts despite the fact they have continually proven correct and possessing the highest integrity.

A pretext which you don't actually follow. And you put every effort into bashing only my posts despite the fact they have continually proven correct and possessing the highest integrity.

said by who?

you (and @LukaP too) tend to forget, that it is a random forum, where gaming performance is everything, Ubi is digging, AMD is and was a heat generator and always performed worse than the mighty Nvidia (I nearly said ATi, but most of the people here would not know who I am talking about.).

whether you or not have integrity, it is another question. You seem to mix stuff up rather easily, and forget simple stuff like cost. But the biggest problem with you is that you think you are better than anyone at AMD, yet you have not proven us that you made a change, you created something better than AMD. You always hide behind you are the best, and that your family connections are smart as well. call me old fashioned, but unless you show me a picture with you with a gold medal or as an inventor or as a CEO titled" lol @LukaP and HippY, suck my @ss", I will not believe that you are as great as you are stating

As for LukaP, your greatest problem is that you look at this forum, as it is THE source for computer engineering. People here mostly are PC gamers who care nothing else than their games and that their momentary favourite brand, let it be AMD or Intel or Nvidia, is the best, other are shite. some with reason, some without.

ON:

AMD has great low end APU offerings, that proves, that in one chip you can play games at a reasonable resolution for reasonable framerate and details

They are for the people who cannot afford a higher end GPU ( many people from the developing country) yet they want to play games, and they can hybrid crossfire with decent (looking from R9 290/980 low end, but for many people there these are far dreams) GPU for a decent power.

They are also space efficient, take a look at mITX board, and just cut down the PCIE slot. tiny.

Yes, Intel, the giant will be able to catch up by time, as they have incredible amount of funds and resources. But whereas they are introducing Iris Pro in high end i7 ( do not tell me that a CPU that is £250 is easily affordable, as it is rather expensive, hence high-end and the fact not everyone has i7 in their PC), AMD is grabbing a different market, with a different price point. Whether they will meet or not... it will go down at Zen. And I only can hope

Personally I would love a strong APU, as for example the Intel one, as I want portability, power and decent graphics and as I am a student and willing and have the money to buy it, I would be happy for an ultra small yet powerful PC. 

said by who?

you (and @LukaP too) tend to forget, that it is a random forum, where gaming performance is everything, Ubi is digging, AMD is and was a heat generator and always performed worse than the mighty Nvidia (I nearly said ATi, but most of the people here would not know who I am talking about.).

whether you or not have integrity, it is another question. You seem to mix stuff up rather easily, and forget simple stuff like cost. But the biggest problem with you is that you think you are better than anyone at AMD, yet you have not proven us that you made a change, you created something better than AMD. You always hide behind you are the best, and that your family connections are smart as well. call me old fashioned, but unless you show me a picture with you with a gold medal or as an inventor or as a CEO titled" lol @LukaP and HippY, suck my @ss", I will not believe that you are as great as you are stating

As for LukaP, your greatest problem is that you look at this forum, as it is THE source for computer engineering. People here mostly are PC gamers who care nothing else than their games and that their momentary favourite brand, let it be AMD or Intel or Nvidia, is the best, other are shite. some with reason, some without.

ON:

AMD has great low end APU offerings, that proves, that in one chip you can play games at a reasonable resolution for reasonable framerate and details

They are for the people who cannot afford a higher end GPU ( many people from the developing country) yet they want to play games, and they can hybrid crossfire with decent (looking from R9 290/980 low end, but for many people there these are far dreams) GPU for a decent power.

They are also space efficient, take a look at mITX board, and just cut down the PCIE slot. tiny.

Yes, Intel, the giant will be able to catch up by time, as they have incredible amount of funds and resources. But whereas they are introducing Iris Pro in high end i7 ( do not tell me that a CPU that is £250 is easily affordable, as it is rather expensive, hence high-end and the fact not everyone has i7 in their PC), AMD is grabbing a different market, with a different price point. Whether they will meet or not... it will go down at Zen. And I only can hope

Personally I would love a strong APU, as for example the Intel one, as I want portability, power and decent graphics and as I am a student and willing and have the money to buy it, I would be happy for an ultra small yet powerful PC. 

I don't mix stuff up often at all. I post a lot, so if 2% are messed up out of 4000 posts, that's not doing too badly even if the raw number is 80 posts. I don't forget cost. I just explain you get what you pay for, and there's the notion of "too poor to be cheap" which comes to mind too regarding purchase decisions.

Furthermore, I'm not in a position to run AMD, so I suppose proving it without giving you unfettered access to my stock portfolio information for the last decade and the conversations at the dinner table, I'm asking you to take me at my word, but honestly what have I ever said about AMD being run by twits (until the change of CEO to Lisa Sue) is untrue? AMD fell massively behind Intel because he refused to fund R&D properly. AMD fell into practical financial ruin buying out ATI (we'll see how ATI's oldest patents affect the upcoming 4-way slugfest and how well AMD's lawyers can work) when merging with Nvidia had already been the first choice and Reed let his pride get in the way of allowing Nvidia to be the 51% of the relationship. AMD's own fans have majorily jumped ship CPU side and AMD's GPU marketshare has fallen for 3 consecutive years. HSA is a great idea, and there are some big names behind it, but unless IBM or Qualcomm can unseat Intel from the server world, it's going to go nowhere fast. It's just poor organization and planning all the way around. Yes, maybe I'm skimping on details so I don't write a book in a post, but is what I'm saying in any way wrong?

That hybrid XFire is currently shit and limited to 3 graphics cards. Stuttering is a massive problem. Carrizo was going to be capable of fixing that, but now Carrizo desktop is gone. Unless Carrizo mobile seriously takes off, AMD just surrendered another 2% of the market to Intel since Broadwell and Skylake are caught up to Kaveri in features (unified memory and unified SSE instructions to utilize both core types simultaneously) while surpassing in compute (20% more cores with each core gaining 40% more throughput due to a rearrangement of the subslices to having 8 EUs instead of 10, fixing a huge bottleneck that hindered Iris Pro 6200).

Have you ever looked at the transistor counts and densities between the two companies? Intel has far fewer per core and yet makes them do much more work, and that's with FinFET and a huge process node advantage. If Intel ever decides to turn up the density (we know it can just copy AMD's HDL move if it comes down to it, which will again show Intel's power efficiency way ahead of anyone else in the industry (already on par with ARM 9)), then we're going to see AMD continue to lose. I'd much rather see AMD do right by its manufacturing process and engineers and make the same count do more until Intel is forced to match their transistor count, because currently Intel's Quad cores are at 1.4 billion vs. AMD's 2.26 billion. That's just pathetic, and AMD's iGPU takes up less die space than Intel's (thanks to HDL).

For all LukaP's attempts to slander me, you can't deny I speak the truth on this. I don't just claim for fun I'd love to drop my Intel stock and pick up AMD. Intel has no more market share to gain really except in the phone world. If Zen proves to be great, Keller's permanent employment can be secured, and Lisa Sue proves to be a much more predatory and intelligent CEO, I'll jump ship happily. Given the Carrizo decision for no desktop models, I'm getting depressed. That denotes the CEO either has a lack of faith in the architecture or lack of faith in consumers. Both are toxic displays of weakness.

I don't mix stuff up often at all. I post a lot, so if 2% are messed up out of 4000 posts, that's not doing too badly even if the raw number is 80 posts. I don't forget cost. I just explain you get what you pay for, and there's the notion of "too poor to be cheap" which comes to mind too regarding purchase decisions.

Furthermore, I'm not in a position to run AMD, so I suppose proving it without giving you unfettered access to my stock portfolio information for the last decade and the conversations at the dinner table, I'm asking you to take me at my word, but honestly what have I ever said about AMD being run by twits (until the change of CEO to Lisa Sue) is untrue? AMD fell massively behind Intel because he refused to fund R&D properly. AMD fell into practical financial ruin buying out ATI (we'll see how ATI's oldest patents affect the upcoming 4-way slugfest and how well AMD's lawyers can work) when merging with Nvidia had already been the first choice and Reed let his pride get in the way of allowing Nvidia to be the 51% of the relationship. AMD's own fans have majorily jumped ship CPU side and AMD's GPU marketshare has fallen for 3 consecutive years. HSA is a great idea, and there are some big names behind it, but unless IBM or Qualcomm can unseat Intel from the server world, it's going to go nowhere fast. It's just poor organization and planning all the way around. Yes, maybe I'm skimping on details so I don't write a book in a post, but is what I'm saying in any way wrong?

That hybrid XFire is currently shit and limited to 3 graphics cards. Stuttering is a massive problem. Carrizo was going to be capable of fixing that, but now Carrizo desktop is gone. Unless Carrizo mobile seriously takes off, AMD just surrendered another 2% of the market to Intel since Broadwell and Skylake are caught up to Kaveri in features (unified memory and unified SSE instructions to utilize both core types simultaneously) while surpassing in compute (20% more cores with each core gaining 40% more throughput due to a rearrangement of the subslices to having 8 EUs instead of 10, fixing a huge bottleneck that hindered Iris Pro 6200).

Have you ever looked at the transistor counts and densities between the two companies? Intel has far fewer per core and yet makes them do much more work, and that's with FinFET and a huge process node advantage. If Intel ever decides to turn up the density (we know it can just copy AMD's HDL move if it comes down to it, which will again show Intel's power efficiency way ahead of anyone else in the industry (already on par with ARM 9)), then we're going to see AMD continue to lose. I'd much rather see AMD do right by its manufacturing process and engineers and make the same count do more until Intel is forced to match their transistor count, because currently Intel's Quad cores are at 1.4 billion vs. AMD's 2.26 billion. That's just pathetic, and AMD's iGPU takes up less die space than Intel's (thanks to HDL).

For all LukaP's attempts to slander me, you can't deny I speak the truth on this. I don't just claim for fun I'd love to drop my Intel stock and pick up AMD. Intel has no more market share to gain really except in the phone world. If Zen proves to be great, Keller's permanent employment can be secured, and Lisa Sue proves to be a much more predatory and intelligent CEO, I'll jump ship happily. Given the Carrizo decision for no desktop models, I'm getting depressed. That denotes the CEO either has a lack of faith in the architecture or lack of faith in consumers. Both are toxic displays of weakness.

What is highlighted are tha answer for my post. Everything else is basically flexing muscles trying to show off

You have a great experience in stock market. That is great, and as you mentioned you were mentored by your parents. it is an interesting, yet unrelevant information though. 

"too poor to be cheap" until we can afford high end parts, many people cannot eg India. until we have a broad variety of decision, the do not.

in the 2nd paragraph, you are stating that AMD had bad management in the past. did I argue with that? did I mentioned the opposite? you are mixing something up here regarding an answer.

I am sure more people uses an APU+GPU, not 3 way crossfire as it is considerably expensive.

what you were answering here? you try to prove something here that does not meant to be proven.

What? you were stating out of the contest of our conversation, and then says you speak the truth? not on the topic that we were talking about. 

And again, no one else here worries about stocks as we are not stock  brokers.

Are you sure that you are not mixing stuff up? for example you throw up 2% there that came nowhere.

What is highlighted are tha answer for my post. Everything else is basically flexing muscles trying to show off

You have a great experience in stock market. That is great, and as you mentioned you were mentored by your parents. it is an interesting, yet unrelevant information though. 

"too poor to be cheap" until we can afford high end parts, many people cannot eg India. until we have a broad variety of decision, the do not.

in the 2nd paragraph, you are stating that AMD had bad management in the past. did I argue with that? did I mentioned the opposite? you are mixing something up here regarding an answer.

I am sure more people uses an APU+GPU, not 3 way crossfire as it is considerably expensive.

what you were answering here? you try to prove something here that does not meant to be proven.

What? you were stating out of the contest of our conversation, and then says you speak the truth? not on the topic that we were talking about. 

And again, no one else here worries about stocks as we are not stock  brokers.

Are you sure that you are not mixing stuff up? for example you throw up 2% there that came nowhere.

If you end up buying multiple replacements, you may as well have saved up for 1 high-end one. This is universally true of products involving machinery.

I describe exactly how that management was bad and what I'd have done differently. We know, in general, what the results would have been AMD combined with Nvidia's money and Huang's will to provide marginally better products than competitors at a premium would have produced an APU with CUDA cores which would have shoved Intel clean out of a great deal of the scientific computing sector overnight (yes, CUDA is that utilized in scientific computing due to its ease of programming and finer control than OpenCL). this would have prompted more innovation from Intel, pushing the industry forward faster. Tegra would have come to fruition sooner, and Intel would have been forced to sell an x86 License to Nvidia, so it would have meant direct competition in the PC market too.

Everything would have gone better if Reed had swallowed his pride. Do you want the long-form version of why this is true, or do you want it all in step-by-step instructions for how to have made AMD succeed along with easily followed justification based on facts only available at that point in time when decisions were made?

I've never even met someone who does the APU+GPU XFire because it only works with (if I remember right) the R7 250/X cards which are barely more powerful than the APU itself. It's a crap feature right now because of the GCN 1.1 architecture on Kaveri. That's another result of Reed's stupidity. AMD's engineers wanted to develop GCN 1.2 and Kaveri in tandem from the beginning, and that would have made Kaveri a much more attractive product if it could enhance a 270/X, 280/X, or even 290/X for less cost than an Intel build.

I mean I'm not some biased shill who has nothing good to say about AMD. There are a number of good things to say about what it's done for the industry, but as a business it's just one giant hot mess, and in context to my claims and suggestions, this is irrefutable.

No. since I've been here 81 of my posts have been proven wrong in some way. I have eidetic memory, so I can keep track of these things in ways most other people can't.

Maybe the Wii..... you! ;)

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

To the guys that are going off-topic, please make another thread.

Anyway if its a new wii and that has more power that would be awesome :P

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

To the guys that are going off-topic, please make another thread.

Anyway if its a new wii and that has more power that would be awesome :P

Would be very nice indeed. I want Zelda in 2.5K!

SemiAccurate is also hinting another console will emerge into the market. They are also predicting this one will outsell the 2 big ones combined. Don't know if that will be powered by AMD chips though.

http://semiaccurate.com/2014/04/23/console-will-sell-rest-combined-2014/

I know their article is behind a paywall but their predictions has been persistently accurate time and time again.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Now waiting for AMD's Sword portable console with Open source gaming non proprietary streaming system powered by steam xD

(joke based on the Nvidia shield and it's  proprietary nature like everything else Nvidia)

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

It was the nintendo :)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...