FCC Chairman says he may ignore Obama on net neutrality!

Haha! Very funny Obama!

barack-obama-tom-wheeler-580.jpg

FCC chairman Tom Wheeler has told web giants Google, Yahoo and others that he won't cave to pressure from the White House

Wheeler reminded participants at his meeting with Web companies Monday, the FCC does not answer to the Obama administration. This looks to be a direct response to President Obama's recent urging that the FCC declare the internet a utility last week

“ultimately this decision is theirs alone.”  -  The White House (yes it talks)

fcc%20cop-1.jpg

The White House came out strongly on the side of net neutrality after a leaked document showed that the FCC wanted to let internet service providers (ISPs) continue to use so-called fast lanes.

Critics claim that such practices are a slippery slope to letting carriers shut out companies that interfere with their business models. Large-bandwidth consumer Netflix already has to pay carriers like Comcast which has its own streaming service in order to have enough bandwidth.

“I am an independent agency,”

-guess who..

Wheeler also told the web companies: "What I've got to figure out is how to split the baby."

netneutrality-logo.jpg

Okay this below text is politics, so read at your own risk:

Ultimately, aides felt that a public stance would galvanize allies in Congress as well as young, tech-savvy progressives, a key part of the Democratic base, according to several people familiar with the matter. The decision to speak out also comes as Democrats are aggressively courting Silicon Valley in preparation for the 2016 campaigns. & this inturn makes a couple of republicans against net neutrality but those few are calling it "Obamacare for the internet." which is may or maynot be good for the overall chariot race..

Moving on..

the move by the White House has put Wheeler in an uncomfortable spotlight. The two men have long been allies. Wheeler raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Obama’s campaign and advised the president on his transition into the White House. Obama last year appointed Wheeler to lead the FCC as it was poised to tackle its biggest issue in years  the rules that govern content on the Web. so this maybe a kayfabe for the next election so to speak!

Read the Obama article from LTT : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/248129-barack-obama-supports-net-neutrality/

i don't know which side to pick , so post your comments & rants down below...

News link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/11/11/the-fcc-weighs-breaking-with-obama-over-the-future-of-the-internet/

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/12/fcc-chairman-i-am-an-independent-agency/

Details separate people.

Yet again we see how government runs rampant and generally says "fuck the public, fuck their opinion, fuck the law, I'm gonna get paaaaiiiiiddd son"

Why would you worry about "splitting the baby" when you have had OVERWHELMING SUPPORT for net neutrality from the public? So much so that your agency has had more public comments on it in a small period than it has ever had about ANYTHING in it's entire existence?

I honestly can't believe how stupid the right and left are being about this, if you watch obama's speech he makes it seem like "companies like youtube and netflix want to pay for faster service".

They are actually trying to blame it on them instead of the ISP's

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yet again we see how government runs rampant and generally says "fuck the public, fuck their opinion, fuck the law, I'm gonna get paaaaiiiiiddd son"

Lols! I'm not joking when i say this,  i was expecting you to comment first with a rant towards the gov!  how sick is that! lol :D

Details separate people.

I really do hate this country sometimes....

edit- most of the time

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Lols! I'm not joking when i say this,  i was expecting you to comment first with a rant towards the gov!  how sick is that! lol :D

My problem is the government not doing what it's supposed to do. They are supposed to act on public opinion, not special interest companies like TWC and comcast, although sometimes I disagree with public opinion because I feel the public has the wrong idea about things, this time they have it right (the public, that is)

Edit: Just a side note, as an individual, it is our right to agree or disagree with public opinion, that's what they call democracy. We're supposed to discuss things, and find a consensus amongst ourselves, A.K.A. political debate. The problem is that we don't do this, we vote once a year AT MOST, and expect some other greedy asshole lawyers to find consensus for us. And then we act shocked and surprised when they do something that benefits them and their buddies instead of us. Both sides are guilty of this, but ultimately it's our fault for being too wrapped up in our own unimportant lives to pay attention to what the fuck is happening.

For God sake, we are a democracy not a private business own government. Honestly, if you want too get reelected just do what the people what you to do. But apparently that to hard.

For God sake, we are a democracy not a private business own government. Honestly, if you want too get reelected just do what the people what you to do. But apparently that to hard.

Why would they? Not that hard to lie through your teeth until something else comes along and takes the attention off of you, allowing you to do whatever the fuck you want.

The great downfall of democracy, attention span.

Yeah shouldn't Americans not only be used to this but get used to this becoming the norm and not the exception with a Republican sided senate or whatever now?

-------

Current Rig

-------

haha and then you get fired or murdered.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Feel bad for Obama on this one, he makes a firm stand but has no real power to enforce it.

Maybe the FCC needs some freedom? A invasion of MERICAA of sorts? To help them see the light? It's pretty fucking sad that the Government has less power than these national and multinational companies.

It's pretty fucking sad that the Government has less power than these national and multinational companies.

The thing is our Government is paid for by these national and multinational corporations.

Obama received a lot of money from telecommunication companies and he gave them our buddy Tom Wheeler.  

actualy princeton univeristy has came out with a new study recently that shows how the american goverment is infact not a democracy anymore but rather an oligarchy. but on another note i sure do hope we get to have our neutral net back. when i heard that Obama was against tom wheeler i was like omg someone is gunna help us keep the net neutral...  

Of course he won't cave to pressure from the White House, he's already in the cable companies' pockets so when they say jump he asks "how high?".  Ironically, it is Obama's fault.  He appointed this guy, a cable company lobbyist, to be the chairman of the FCC.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Independent MY ASS this lying son of a ..... Sorry I am just angry

Actually you're an oligarchy.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I thought we were a democracy. Jesus fucking christ this is getting annoying.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

if Obama appointed Wheeler, can't he appoint someone else to take his place?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

if Obama appointed Wheeler, can't he appoint someone else to take his place?

The FCC is supposedly independent, so the government having that kind of power over it would undo the charade.  All 5 board members are appointed by the president, confirmed by the senate, and serve 5 year terms.  Unless something drastic happens to force Wheeler to step down, we're stuck with him until 2018.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

I remember reading college suicide rates were too high a couple years ago.

I wonder how many people have killed themselves frustrated over daily little things that the government and other entities have done to us as (powerless) citizens at the national level.

And then how many have killed themselves over stupid petty things (like she dun love me). I feel sorry for all those people but the thing that gets to me is the shattering of the disillusioned souls of young people as they learn of political corruption and shadow governments, of military complexes and sustained devastation, of sub-optimal consumer protections or dead ends and hitting the brick wall.

The world is a lot more beautiful when you're a kid and think of how it should work. Not how it does.

I just learned to not care.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

i don't want to be a part of this country anymore.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

So when does the fcc make their decision on net neutrality

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

actualy princeton univeristy has came out with a new study recently that shows how the american goverment is infact not a democracy anymore but rather an oligarchy. but on another note i sure do hope we get to have our neutral net back. when i heard that Obama was against tom wheeler i was like omg someone is gunna help us keep the net neutral...  

Actually you're an oligarchy.

I don't know how many times someone's going to have to share this information with you. @Jerakl, this guy even posted this in your thread about the States not being a democracy anymore.

OK guys, enough is enough, the bullshit you just wrote is beyond reasoning, but it's ok, your resident lawyer ( student ) is here to set you straight xD !

1. Every country on the world can be categorized multiple ways.

2. As a type of governance every country can be: a Monarchy or a Republic, and that is by looking at the head of the state, so to conclude the US is as Republic since the country leader is not a king, emperor, sultan, etc...

3. The other way you can look at it is: Unitary country and a Composed country, US is a composed country since it is a federal union of 50 states.

4. And finally we come to the Political regime, and here we have : Democracies and Autocracies ( Oligarchy is a sub-category ) . US is a Democracy, and here is why: The head of your country is chosen by the people by votes, using indirect democracy.

This is the simple version of a huge topic, that is not really made to be discussed on a tech forum, Every country today can be a part of multiple categories, but every country has a primary group it fits in.

The reason the US is not a real oligarchy is because every adult citizen is allowed to vote, and you can vote for every adult that runs for a position of president.

This is fact, and it has nothing to do with political views, it is that simple, what you are mixing is a countries classification with the politics that people in charge are using.

The US is a Democracy bit it has other attributes, and the rule of a few powerful is also one of them.

Edit: ignore the last section i mistranslated this, was thinking about direct and indirect elections, modern "Western" countries do not use Direct Democracy, it is impossible because there are too may citizens in modern countries, and running a country would be very slow, beside other problems. 

>>Oh and before you start calling a system stupid @connorpiper,

do a bit of research, because not a lot of countries have Indirect Democracies and they work just fine without it<<