NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Noice. I gotta say, that brown on our coolers is growing on me. xD

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

:D

-snapiNES-

Nice :D

Does the power button work?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

yes and the reset ,also cant forget about the led

-sNESy-

Are going to use a controller with it or a keyboard and mouse?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

well the system works great ,only thing is temps on the cpu are a bit high for my liking idle is around 42c,and max temps slowly rise to around 85c after around a half an hour of real heavy use. I am going to halve to make another one of my fancy vents on the exhaust fan ,try to get the air out of there as fast as I can. 

with the case open idle temps are around 30c and max temps are 75c with prime95

A delid might happen if I can not get my temps in check, I all ready have CLU on the way should be here tomorrow. this will only be a last resort.

here is a couple pics of the single fan solution

f36bde3d-1a36-4222-b7fb-39eeb976f94c_zps

IMG_20150301_142502_zpsabjlggi0.jpg

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

You could put the Dongle (Or receiver I don't know) in the NES if it has space.... Wouldn't be a bad idea, huh?   

I was going to stick on the inside ,still might one day. the only reason I might not tho is I lost a lot of space with my new psu(darn 24pin cable takes up so much room) gave up a lot of my idea's when I had to upgrade my psu . The trade off was worth it tho i5 and a overclocked gpu!

but for now my main focus is getting my temps in order and getting it painted,but after that who knows  :D

I was going to stick on the inside ,still might one day. the only reason I might not tho is I lost a lot of space with my new psu(darn 24pin cable takes up so much room) gave up a lot of my idea's when I had to upgrade my psu . The trade off was worth it tho i5 and a overclocked gpu!

but for now my main focus is getting my temps in order and getting it painted,but after that who knows  :D

Motherboards with a USB header on the board are nice, super useful for these kinds of things.

Motherboards with a USB header on the board are nice, super useful for these kinds of things.

my board has a 2.0 and a 3.0 usb header, I would just have to wire it to the header and wire the sync button to the reset button. I had this planned like this since day one .

It has just been a rocky road to get to this point and just want to keep moving forward now.  but who knows I usually get bored here and there and tackle projects like this!

my board has a 2.0 and a 3.0 usb header, I would just have to wire it to the header and wire the sync button to the reset button. I had this planned like this since day one .

It has just been a rocky road to get to this point and just want to keep moving forward now.  but who knows I usually get bored here and there and tackle projects like this!

I mean an actual USB port on the board.

I mean an actual USB port on the board.

that is what I thought you meant ,but the header word threw me off. now that is cool :)  

I would still have to rewire the thing tho the wire on it is 6' long

Do you like the Microsoft AIO keyboard so far? i'm thinking of getting it, how is the trackpad? Any latency issues due to it being wireless?

And can I use normal AA batteries?

yes I really like it a lot. It has real nice key spacing and the track pad works very well and big . I would not be using this for games but is great for web browsing and other things. have not seen any latency issues yet.

I had the k400 before this ,it this thing blows it away in all tasks. 

temps are stable, went back to stock intel heat sink with some gc-extreme and made one more vent (only in a rough form right now will post pics when it is done :) )

I think the issue was the other heat sink did not have enough clearance at the top of the heatsink to get good flow going through it. It is a really good heatsink during open case testing beat the intel by almost 10c.

Taking a gamble on another cpu cooler, this one is only 25mm high ,so this will leave it with a lot more breathing room than my is-40 which was 45mm high.(this cooler only end up being 2mm from the HDD and about 15mm from the top of the case)

going to have to hit up LTT classifieds and r/hardwareswap with all my extra parts from this build.

Here it is without further ado the IS-25!!! lets hope it kicks ass :D

IS-25_zpsmtepkrbx.png

Taking a gamble on another cpu cooler, this one is only 25mm high ,so this will leave it with a lot more breathing room than my is-40 which was 45mm high.(this cooler only end up being 2mm from the HDD and about 15mm from the top of the case)

going to have to hit up LTT classifieds and r/hardwareswap with all my extra parts from this build.

Here it is without further ado the IS-25!!! lets hope it kicks ass :D

So... We're not IS-40 brothers anymore? :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So... We're not IS-40 brothers anymore? :(

Nope ,will be my daughters now along with my g3258.

That will be another build log .Lots of pink and probably super hero influenced :D the IS-40 shall rise again! 

That will be another build log .Lots of pink and probably super hero influenced :D the IS-40 shall rise again!

Well if he is your daughters brother that means .....

34685824.jpg

Well I'm not your father but you get the picture *pun intended*

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

YASSS!!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

just a quick update so you guys know whats going on :)

I have 5 fans coming in the mail should all be here this week. still waiting on my new cpu cooler still sitting china ,I think it will leave china this week so maybe early next week for this.

That way I can get all my cooling testing done before I paint. I think you guys are going to love my paint scheme I came up with ,you will have to wait for final pics for this!

just a quick update so you guys know whats going on :)

I have 5 fans coming in the mail should all be here this week. still waiting on my new cpu cooler still sitting china ,I think it will leave china this week so maybe early next week for this.

That way I can get all my cooling testing done before I paint. I think you guys are going to love my paint scheme I came up with ,you will have to wait for final pics for this!

But I want it now!!!!!!