Nvidia slams AMD FreeSync: "We can't comment on pricing of products that don't exist"

Faa

The chip maker dismissed AMD's comments by saying a range of Nvidia G-Sync monitors are out now, whereas AMD has yet to launch its first FreeSync monitor. AMD claims that Nvidia's monitors will cost more due to licensing fees. "Gamers are playing their favourite games on G-Sync monitors right now so we simply can't comment on pricing of products that don’t exist," an Nvidia spokesperson told PCR.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/nvidia-slams-amd-freesync-we-can-t-comment-on-pricing-of-products-that-don-t-exist/034641

source

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

range of g-sync? there's only one here. The rog swift. i haven't seen another anywhere.

range of g-sync? there's only one here. The rog swift. i haven't seen another anywhere.

You can buy ASUS VG248QE's with G-Sync as well.

Better than nothing ATM.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I would hardly call that a "slam". Simple fact is AMD havn't got anything out yet for Freesync, so of course they cannot gauge their prices. All Nvidia know is they have to make as much cash as they can before AMD start putting out Freesync monitors. After AMD release theirs, Nvidia will lower their prices to compete. 'Tis a simple thing called business after all.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Am I the only one that doesn't care about either?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

JSUHROd.gif

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

There is also the AOC G2460PG 144hz monitor. The downside, It doesn't support Lightboost.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Not interested in either until they have 4k, IPS free or G sync to compare.

i7 4790k - Maximus VII Hero Z97 - Asus DirectCU II OC Radeon R9 290X (x2) - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 (2 x 8GB) - Samsung Pro 840 256GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Thermaltake Core V71 - Corsair H100i - Silverstone strider gold evolution 1000w - Windows 8.1 64 bit - BenQ GW2765HT

umm ok ..... 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well 2 of those are preorder only and i was talking about my country. America and UK don't really count in terms of having things out since that is where pretty much everything gets launched first.

I may be conceited in this but i don't count something as being widespread until the smaller countries have it as well.

well 2 of those are preorder only and i was talking about my country. America and UK don't really count in terms of having things out since that is where pretty much everything gets launched first.

I may be conceited in this but i don't count something as being widespread until the smaller countries have it as well.

A good and fair point.

This isn't really a slam, it's a factual statement. AMD Freesync doesn't actually exist yet. And if Mantle is any indicator, it won't for quite a while despite what AMD says on the matter.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There are 4 I know of, one by Dell, ACER, Asus, and Benq.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I would hardly call that a "slam". Simple fact is AMD havn't got anything out yet for Freesync, so of course they cannot gauge their prices. All Nvidia know is they have to make as much cash as they can before AMD start putting out Freesync monitors. After AMD release theirs, Nvidia will lower their prices to compete. 'Tis a simple thing called business after all.

Everyone read this before going on about how (delete as appropriate [Gsync] /[FreeSync] is way better than [Gsync]/ [FreeSync] will ever be.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

There is also the AOC G2460PG 144hz monitor. The downside, It doesn't support Lightboost.

You can't use Lightboost at the same time as G-sync anyway.

RTX2070OC 

Everyone read this before going on about how (delete as appropriate [Gsync] /[FreeSync] is way better than [Gsync]/ [FreeSync] will ever be.

Given what the freesync solution is on paper, it can't be as good. G-sync tells the monitor when to draw. Free-sync stops the GPU from calculating the next frame. Unless there is much more to the story, freesync is going to fall very flat.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Given what the freesync solution is on paper, it can't be as good. G-sync tells the monitor when to draw. Free-sync stops the GPU from calculating the next frame. Unless there is much more to the story, freesync is going to fall very flat.

I don't know. that sounds impossible and opposite of what it should do.   The monitor can't know what framerate the game is running at so it can't tell the gpu to stop rendering. At best it might be that the monitor asks the gpu at what refresh rate to run at. It sounds like a programing design problem like should the client tell the seller what to bring it or should the seller ask the client what it wants. If in the end the result is the same

(or in this case similar) it shouldn't matter which approach was taken.