Musk steps down as chair of Tesla and new chair takes over effective immediately

Master Disaster

Tesla have just announced their new chairperson, Robyn Denholm, who assumes the position effective immediately, albeit under slightly complicated circumstances.

Tesla has appointed Robyn Denholm as chair of its board, replacing the electric carmaker’s billionaire founder Elon Musk.

Denholm, one of two female directors on the nine-member board, assumes her new position immediately, Tesla said. It will become full-time once she leaves her role as chief financial officer and head of strategy at Telstra, Australia’s largest telecom company, after her six-month notice period.

The 55-year-old Australian will temporarily step down as chair of Tesla’s audit committee until she quits Telstra.

This is all part of the deal he reached he reached with the US SEC over tweets he made regarding Teslas future.

In late September, Musk, who remains chief executive and is also Tesla’s biggest investor, agreed to step down as chair for three years and pay a fine in a deal with the US Securities and Exchange Commission over tweets he made about taking the firm into private ownership. The financial regulator accused Musk of fraud and misleading investors, and fined him and the company $20m each.

Here's what Musk & Denholm have to say on the subject.

Denholm has been on the Tesla board as an independent director since 2014 and has had senior roles at other Silicon Valley tech companies including Juniper Networks, where she was chief financial officer, and Sun Microsystems, as well as Japanese carmaker Toyota.

Musk said: “Robyn has extensive experience in both the tech and auto industries, and she has made significant contributions as a Tesla board member over the past four years in helping us become a profitable company. I look forward to working even more closely with Robyn as we continue accelerating the advent of sustainable energy.”

Denholm said: “I believe in this company, I believe in its mission and I look forward to helping Elon and the Tesla team achieve sustainable profitability and drive long-term shareholder value.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/08/tesla-names-new-chair-robyn-denholm-to-replace-elon-musk

I have to admit, I'm a little confused by this story, the article seems to contradict itself. Is she taking over immediately of after her 6 month notice period? Is Musk playing even more games here? Am I missing something?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This is just dumb.

musk will still make the big decisions, the only difference now is that Tesla can avoid having the government going up third asses over the mans retorts

Small correction: Musk is stepping down as chairman, but he's remaining as its CEO.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

This is just dumb.

musk will still make the big decisions, the only difference now is that Tesla can avoid having the government going up third asses over the mans retorts

Yeah this is really dumb, forced to step down over a tweet.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well, a tweet that misled investors putting large amounts of private money at risk and which violated US securities law that's there to protect investors.

Musk is still in control of Tesla, and maybe the time away from extra responsibilities will actually be good for him and the company.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

11 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Honestly, it'd be kinda sweet. I'm scared that guy's gonna take over the world and just drive around in an electric sportscar doing drivebys with a boring company flamethrower. All Madmax but sleek style.

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

He needs to have room on his sqedual to play Nekopara. He is a catgirl afterall

IMG_20181108_140023.jpg

The worse thing about that image is that it is a wolf.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just now, williamcll said:

The worse thing about that image is that it is a wolf.

For some reason i knew someone in here would mention that

21 minutes ago, kladzen said:

FAKE NEWS!!!!!

Dude....  if you have no clue what you are talking about.. Elon is STILL CEO... however he is no longer the chairman of the tesla board... this is btw old news.... 

Fixed, it was actually one of those cases where i read the phrase CEO and for some reason my brain just replaced chairperson with CEO.

As for old news, it's 3 hours old so yeah, really old news. /S

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

23 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Small correction: Musk is stepping down as chairman, but he's remaining as its CEO.

Yeah I fixed it now, massive brain fart by me.

33 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Is she taking over immediately of after her 6 month notice period? Is Musk playing even more games here? Am I missing something?

She IS chairwoman of Tesla right now, but she will also cover her previous position for the next 6 months, meaning her "full time" is not yet dedicated to Tesla. At least, that's what I think they mean.

She seems very qualified for the position, maybe she can put a brake on the PR shenanigans and place the company's focus back on developing something useful. Tesla has fallen behind on their self driving tech.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

15 minutes ago, williamcll said:

For reference:
Snip

Seriously dude, an N Bomb?

1 minute ago, yian88 said:

SO from that ranking less clothes = more furry? so if i undress completely ima be that fox girl i always wanted to?

Just be sure that you keep the bow.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'm kind of dreading the next time Elon is in Japan. He's going full in on the Akihabara experience, isn't he?

As for the news, it's probably been the best idea of Elon stepped back from Tesla. He's really as much of a front-man for Solar City & Tesla, whereas he's highly involved in SpaceX, even if he has a professional to run the place.

7 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I'm kind of dreading the next time Elon is in Japan. He's going full in on the Akihabara experience, isn't he?

As for the news, it's probably been the best idea of Elon stepped back from Tesla. He's really as much of a front-man for Solar City & Tesla, whereas he's highly involved in SpaceX, even if he has a professional to run the place.

But hes the only Silicon Valley CEO i dont hate.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, Master Disaster said:

Fixed, it was actually one of those cases where i read the phrase CEO and for some reason my brain just replaced chairperson with CEO.

As for old news, it's 3 hours old so yeah, really old news. /S

this have been weeks old news... it was related to his "420 stock price" tweet.. that then later forced him to stop as chairman due to "believed stock manipulation"... this however is just the news of WHO will be the one.. it was already known that he is no longer chairman..

so yes it's quite old news... i even think it was mentioned on wanshow 1-2 weeks ago

46 minutes ago, kladzen said:

this have been weeks old news... it was related to his "420 stock price" tweet.. that then later forced him to stop as chairman due to "believed stock manipulation"... this however is just the news of WHO will be the one.. it was already known that he is no longer chairman..

so yes it's quite old news... i even think it was mentioned on wanshow 1-2 weeks ago

Have you even read the story? This isn't about the fact Musk is stepping down, it's reporting on the fact he has chosen his replacement and has now stepped down. The news from a few weeks ago (which btw I also posted) said he was given till the end of November to pick a replacement and step down. He has now done that.

It's not weeks old news, it was announced around 4 hours before i posted this topic and why are you telling me something that I literally put in the OP?