Study suggests Dating Apps can stop "Sexual Racism" because people shouldn't be allowed to date who they like?

AlTech
1 hour ago, Deus Voltage said:

Got any scientific/ academic/empirical data to back up that claim, or you just like fear mongering and spreading uncorroborated information?

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23fuckwhitepeople&src=typd

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23killallwhitepeople&src=typd

i want you to go read some of those tweets. actually read them.

now replace "white" with "black" is it racist? abso-fucking-lutely. if i posted the same thing and replaced whiet with black i would be banned sooooo fast. but these people are free to spout what ever they like

Though they are right, reverse-racism doesn't exist, because it's just called racism, regardless of the receiving race.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 hours ago, Serin said:

Imagine growing up so mentally deficient that you truly believe that the pigmentation of another persons epidermis makes a difference to love.
Or anything, for that matter. 

"Imagine growing up so mentally deficient that you truly believe that the chromosomes of another person makes a difference to love".

Fucking homosexual people and their mental deficiencies, right?

I think you're in denial if you don't believe that it matters for love. Denial or not realizing how much it may affect you to begin with.

Love is heavily influenced by what you find physically attractive, and what you find physically attractive is not something you can control.

In the end, saying that people who has some sexual preferences has a mental deficiency is just the same as saying homosexual people has a mental deficiency because they put so much emphasis on the gender of someone.

Let me repeat what I just said: NOBODY CAN CONTROL WHAT THEY FIND ATTRACTIVE! DO NOT SHAME PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY CAN NOT CONTROL!

I think it's amazing that we have so many LGBTQ+ movements and organizations constantly blasting this message, yet it seems lost on some.

28 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

"Imagine growing up so mentally deficient that you truly believe that the chromosomes of another person makes a difference to love".

Fucking homosexual people and their mental deficiencies, right?

I think you're in denial if you don't believe that it matters for love. Denial or not realizing how much it may affect you to begin with.

Love is heavily influenced by what you find physically attractive, and what you find physically attractive is not something you can control.

In the end, saying that people who has some sexual preferences has a mental deficiency is just the same as saying homosexual people has a mental deficiency because they put so much emphasis on the gender of someone.

Let me repeat what I just said: NOBODY CAN CONTROL WHAT THEY FIND ATTRACTIVE! DO NOT SHAME PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY CAN NOT CONTROL!

I think it's amazing that we have so many LGBTQ+ movements and organizations constantly blasting this message, yet it seems lost on some.

Those are not the same thing. You dont choose women over men, its not a preference thing.

But you can choose to only date whites or blacks.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Should we try and provide "possible views" to homosexual people too?

Sure they themselves might think that they only want to match with other homosexuals, but shouldn't we also throw in some women into their matches? Maybe they aren't gay like they thought!

See how bizarre your logic is?

You are literally arguing for making services worse. Dating sites should try and create "high quality matches". If I go on a dating site I want to only match with people I actually match well with. I don't want to get a bunch of matches that I won't like for some ideological reason.

Dating sites should only have 1 objective in mind. Matching people together that will fit well together. Anything that matches that less likely to happen objectively makes the service worse.

No idea what your point is. What does random sorting not feeling truly random have to do with people putting in their preferences and then a computer overwrites those preferences for ideological reasons?

All of this stems back in the difference between implicit and explicit preferences (as mentioned in detail in previous posts). I have no problem (neither does the article in question) filtering explicit preferences (I particularly appreciate explicit preference filtering when both people are aware exactly what is being filtered. Ala M seeking F matched with F seeking M). Implicit ones I do. For a lot of reasons.

1. Implicit bias filtering creates even more sever echo chambers than explicit ones (think all the controversy with FB previously showing just stuff people already agree with over time). Mainly because people might not realize they are being so heavily filtered, and thus availability heuristic skews world-view (or dating pool view) dramatically.

2. Implicit bias filtering rapidly segments out considerations, and instead focuses on rapid/knee-jerk responses (what do you match with the most right away), which much more strongly reflects what people believe society wants them to find attractive than what they actually find attractive (thus promoting worse matches for themselves).

3. Such intense self-filtering leads to the common claims of '90% of the action by 10% of the population'. Supposing that everyone completely selfishly self-filtered everything outside of their ideal, do you honestly believe you would have more or less total workable matches? Or would you have very small subsets of people (within most general ranges of preferences) that get a shitload of 'possible matches' that they themselves probably only like a very small subset, thus leaving the majority of people without matches at all.

Actually I'm not talking about making the service worse at all. These sites have literally no vested interest in matching people that fit well together. They have a vested interest in displaying people that others willingly match to  (thus spawning all the random monetizable events), and then ideally breakup (or do not reciprocate the match) after minimal investment so that they can use the site again and repeat the cycle.

----------------------------------------------------

Even if you disagreed with 1 and 2, which I believe and think are very reasonable, 3 taken to its own extreme is so obviously bad that you can't just machine filter to ideal preferences. People rarely like everything about other people they actually choose to spend significant amounts of the lives with, and it isn't like the sites in question (being particularly not the more 'holistic' sites like say eHarmony or whatever gold-standard site comes to mind for you. I don't know those well tbh) are known for being anything other than primarily picture judgments. It is literally a running joke/not-joke about the meaninglessness of profiles (on Tinder/Bumble/Grinder etc) which a significant proportion of people just don't bother reading. You aren't often actually matching with people based on any ideology more than skin deep.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Those are not the same thing. You dont choose women over men, its not a preference thing.

Well.... actually... very few people are actually truly binary (according to the current sexual theory). So it is mostly accurate to say that I have a preference towards women when I have tried both and dramatically prefer one to the other (though in the right circumstance... anything is possible).

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 hour ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Well.... actually... very few people are actually truly binary (according to the current sexual theory). So it is mostly accurate to say that I have a preference towards women when I have tried both and dramatically prefer one to the other (though in the right circumstance... anything is possible).

I have a preference towards pc's but i could use mac if they sudenly become cheaper or better at games.

I would not start to suck mans parts given any circunstances apart from a gun to my head.

I bet gay people would fell the same way.

I dont know the current theory still that seems so wrong to me.

i fell like you're going to tell me those gayness reeducation centers work 

"Sexual racism"

So, is it sexism, or racism? WTF does it even mean?

Like, do we just invent words these days for problems that aren't a problem in the first place?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

18 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm sure you'd have told the European Jewish community the same thing in the 1930's when people were talking about "the Jewish problem".

For reference, we have Don Lemon on CNN recently saying

"We have to start doing something about them". So long as people like you ignore or even approve of comments like this, people like me will worry. Because people like me actually know history and know that shit like this cannot be ignored.

But by all means. Tell me how I am racist for being angry over a racist comment towards my own ethnicity.

I'm confused what you're replying to. You're not racist for being angry about that guy's comment or other racist comments directed at white people.

Just because my ideal economic reforms failed to help the Jews in 1930 doesn't make them any less awesome.

13 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

"Sexual racism"

So, is it sexism, or racism? WTF does it even mean?

Like, do we just invent words these days for problems that aren't a problem in the first place?

sexual racism is choosing your partners based on race.

Sexism is a completely different thing, discriminating based on sex, not choosing a partner. Unless you consider that you are discriminating everyone else but your partner when you choose to be with her/him, that doesn't appear to make much sense.

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

You don't choose to be more or less attracted to certain ethnicities either. 

People who "choose" to only date blacks, or whites do so because of their preferences. Just like a homosexuality "choose" to sleep with their own gender because of preferences. 

Homosexuals prefer to be with people who share their gender. 

Some people prefer to be with people who share their ethnicity. 

Exactly the same thing. 

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

So?

people date who they want to date and no one has any right to say that your preferences are wrong.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

35 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Sexism is a completely different thing, discriminating based on sex, not choosing a partner. Unless you consider that you are discriminating everyone else but your partner when you choose to be with her/him, that doesn't appear to make much sense.

So, wtf does the sexual part mean then? I get racism in that case, but choosing a partner doesn't always mean there's a sexual thing going on.

It's just a weird word combination that doesn't exactly seems to have a link with the 2 words it's made of and it's actual meaning.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

37 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

You don't choose to be more or less attracted to certain ethnicities either. 

People who "choose" to only date blacks, or whites do so because of their preferences. Just like a homosexuality "choose" to sleep with their own gender because of preferences. 

Homosexuals prefer to be with people who share their gender. 

Some people prefer to be with people who share their ethnicity. 

Exactly the same thing. 

a heterosexual is attracted to beautiful women, period, if you are telling me you don't see a beautiful black women you're full of shit. Not dating blacks is a choise, nothing wrong with it still it's a choice.

Gays aren't attracted to beautiful women as i am not attracted to beautiful men. Period. There's no choice where.

52 minutes ago, asus killer said:

a heterosexual is attracted to beautiful women, period, if you are telling me you don't see a beautiful black women you're full of shit. Not dating blacks is a choise, nothing wrong with it still it's a choice.

Gays aren't attracted to beautiful women as i am not attracted to beautiful men. Period. There's no choice where.

What people find beautiful and attractive is diffrent person to person. You can't help what turns you on and what doesn't. 

Unpopular opinion.

Choosing to only date people not of the same race as you, because you think dating the same race is racist, is in and of itself racist. You're making a conscious decision based on race, that's racism.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

You can't help what turns you on and what doesn't. 

so you're saying @LAwLz is wrong, is the one defending it's a choice you make

4 hours ago, asus killer said:

Let me ask you a question: Let's assume I am on a online dating app and for some reason I am only matching with black people. Am I racist?

Because the thing is, people won't make this decision deliberately (apart from the small number of open racist), you will only be able to observe it in the outcome. And what can we realistically do about that?

50 minutes ago, asus killer said:

What I am saying is that when you see person you are either attracted to them or you aren't. You don't choose to be attracted to them or choose not to be attracted to them. If someone doesn't find a certain race attractive it's just how they are. It's not really a conscious choice made. Can't really help it if you can't get a physiologic reaction from someone. 

32 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

Let me ask you a question: Let's assume I am on a online dating app and for some reason I am only matching with black people. Am I racist?

Because the thing is, people won't make this decision deliberately (apart from the small number of open racist), you will only be able to observe it in the outcome. And what can we realistically do about that?

I mean some would make this decision deliberately because that's what they are into. That's doesn't make them openly racist. That would be like if someone was bad for only buying a certain flavor of ice cream because they think it taste the best to them.

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I mean some would make this decision deliberately because that's what they are into. That's doesn't make them openly racist. That would be like if someone was bad for only buying a certain flavor of ice cream because they think it taste the best to them.

I might have been too unprecise in my wording. What I meant was that those people don’t spell their decision process out. You preference is mainly subconscious, you either click with people or don’t.

So I wasn’t trying to imply it’s racist to only date a certain ethnic group  

2 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

I might have been too unprecise in my wording. What I meant was that those people don’t spell their decision process out. You preference is mainly subconscious, you either click with people or don’t.

So I wasn’t trying to imply it’s racist to only date a certain ethnic group  

Yes but you can see that you click with a certain type of person the best and then try and seek out such people. Nothing wrong with wanting something specific. It would be like someone wanting to only look for blondes. Does it limit their options? Yes but if that's what they want then there is nothing wrong with that. 

11 hours ago, asus killer said:

I have a preference towards pc's but i could use mac if they sudenly become cheaper or better at games.

I would not start to suck mans parts given any circunstances apart from a gun to my head.

I bet gay people would fell the same way.

I dont know the current theory still that seems so wrong to me.

i fell like you're going to tell me those gayness reeducation centers work 

No, I wouldn't tell you reeducation centers work. I would tell you that statistically speaking a lot of people lie to others and themselves about their sexuality though.

Obviously not directly related, but still relevant, in some Ancient Grecian and Roman societies, a hyper majority of individuals practiced at various points in their life both homosexuality and heterosexuality, and it was almost never looked down upon to have bisexual relations as an adult. And yet, those people were not different 'humans' than modern ones, we have very little to no evidence suggesting anyone saw issues with those practices at the time, which (along with other evidence) really puts strong dampers on the 'biological' arguments for binary sexuality. Cultural ones still remain, of course, but for understandable reasons, many people don't like thinking that their sexuality could be culturally shaped (because then they feel like that means cultural actions can change them somehow, which isn't strictly accurate). 

Of course, it should be noted, that just because one says true binary is rare, doesn't mean that most people don't have very strong preferences. It can be dual-modal instead of normal or uniform in distribution.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

6 hours ago, asus killer said:

No, we are both agreeing with each other and saying the same things.

He said thwt you can't help what turns you on or doesn't turn you on. 

I said that people can't control what they find attractive and shouldn't be shamed for it. 

Can't wait for the new filters that will incorporate activism for more -isms. 

My Tinder will be full of gay religious poor trans disabled severely overweight old midgets.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti