Study suggests Dating Apps can stop "Sexual Racism" because people shouldn't be allowed to date who they like?

AlTech

Imagine growing up so mentally deficient that you truly believe that the pigmentation of another persons epidermis makes a difference to love.
Or anything, for that matter. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

8 minutes ago, Serin said:

Imagine growing up so mentally deficient that you truly believe that the pigmentation of another persons epidermis makes a difference to love.

It's deficient to have ethnic preferences?

Don't know whether it's innate or socially constructed but I definitely have them.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

innate or socially constructed

Little bit of both.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

48 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i had this discussion somewhere else, there is just one human race, so dating outside your race would be more like bestiality so that's some weird app ?

I use a similar argument to evade people calling me racist.

I point out that by using the term 'racist' they are tacitly acknowledging that there are subspecies of human, and somehow they think they are qualified to better quantify what constitutes a subspecies when science has yet to do so.

This isn't a permanent solution, but confuses them long enough for me to pick up a heavy object and use it to render them unconscious.

I find it refreshingly confusing how many third party accusations of 'racist' are retracted, after you bludgeon someone with a fire extinguisher, but, as always, YMMV...

7 minutes ago, Ralphred said:

science has yet to do so.

Except the entire concept if race is a scientific catergorization of humans baded on collective traits of different groups. It's an identical methodology to classifying dog and cat breeds.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

20 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Except the entire concept if race is a scientific catergorization of humans baded on collective traits of different groups. It's an identical methodology to classifying dog and cat breeds.

Yeah, but scientists are more politically aware than lemmings, and as such will decline from publishing any conclusions derived from findings that would allow for the categorisation of a human subspecies based on genetic diversity, through a sense of self preservation.

Geneticists will avoid the question entirely and confuse the actual answer with comparisons to unrelated subjects, the only "scientific strain" that will maybe acknowledge such a concept are anthropologists, and they will infuse the term "ethnic" to obfuscate the actual meaning of the conclusions from stupid people.

Anyway, the reasoning for such intellectual sleight of hand is moot, my argument stands, as long as it has too, I'm quick with heavy objects...

2 hours ago, Ralphred said:

Yeah, but scientists are more politically aware than lemmings, and as such will decline from publishing any conclusions derived from findings that would allow for the categorisation of a human subspecies based on genetic diversity, through a sense of self preservation.

Geneticists will avoid the question entirely and confuse the actual answer with comparisons to unrelated subjects, the only "scientific strain" that will maybe acknowledge such a concept are anthropologists, and they will infuse the term "ethnic" to obfuscate the actual meaning of the conclusions from stupid people.

Anyway, the reasoning for such intellectual sleight of hand is moot, my argument stands, as long as it has too, I'm quick with heavy objects...

If they change scientific nomenclature to cater to an SJW agenda that denies established biological facts, they arent real scientists.

how about i date who i want to date? i'll be friends with people i want to be friends with. Don't try to push me into having a relationship with people just because of their skin color. If that makes me racist, then i guess i must be (oh, wait, i'm white, i'm automatically racist in every possible way...).

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, Serin said:

Should tell that to college admissions staff whose sole purpose is to accept or deny people based on the color of their skin.

4 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I have always wondered if people would get offended if they made a whitepoeplemeet*com. I have a feeling people would for some reason. 

That reason is called: hypocrisy.

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Assuming entire world is Murica...

I’m a New Zealander that lives in New Zealand and has his whole life mate. Don’t try and bullshit about me being an ignorant American. 

Im not saying white people need to be attacked or have racism directed at them but it’s a fucking joke to say the last instance of white people being oppressive was 300 years ago because it’s fucking bullshit. 

The  british destroyed india and left in 1947, America systematically destabilised the Middle East for oil and installed their own governments, Australia treats its aboriginals in a disgraceful manner etc. This shit is fucking recent history, don’t try to rewrite it. 

I may be blind but at least I'm not white. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

I may be blind but at least I'm not white. 

Not sure if sarcastic or youre actually a racist.

This is ridiculous. People are allowed to have preferences with who they date. This shit shouldn't be forced on people. All that's going to happen is the app is going to learn they always swipe...left (right? The one where they discard them. I don't do swiping apps, they're fucking cold) on a certain race and no longer suggest them. Why not make the app more effective, and give someone a slider to choose what they like and don't like. There's nothing wrong with that. It's like going into a men's store, and seeing dresses. Hey, who knows, maybe today Bill will want to try out something from the females side, right?

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

It's ok to try to make people consider someone they may not have looked for, and they might find them attractive. But judging people on who they choose is wrong. You can't be like "I don't prefer black people", especially just randomly out of the blue, but you'll make your choices silently and you should not be judged. 

Why? You should be able to select that, if it's your preference. I don't see a problem with such sliders. It's not like you're going to be shown someone who you're not attracted to and be like "yeah, maybe I'll give it a go."

57 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

inb4lock.

Racism is stupid.

All the people who are kept up at night about the "white race" going extinct to scary poor brown people should focus on more serious issues like healthcare, education, protectionism for our jobs, rebuilding our infrastructure with jobs programs, stop endless war in Afghanistan, stop giving Saudis & isrealis weapons and so much more.

Agreed.

I don't understand people that look at someone and see color. People are people. Who cares what color they are. I can somewhat understand cultural differences, but in this day in age you can have people of pretty much any color brought up with any set of cultural values.

I always laugh at people that call me Canadian when I'm out with my South Asian best friend, and say he's less of a Canadian...even though his family has been here for 2 or 3 generations more than mine. White does not mean North American, idiots.

56 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Perhaps word the option as "I lean more towards [insert skin colour here]", instead of a hard "I only want results of [skin colour]" -- this way the site would have an excuse to drop in the very occasional result who doesn't match the mentioned colour.

Changing the terminology might help a bit but honestly, in the end it's doing the same thing.

The way people have gotten around this (some sites also allow you to simply not answer certain questions) is by putting something they're not. Surprise, bitches.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

Not sure if sarcastic or youre actually a racist.

It’s kinda sad it’s that we have to ask nowadays isn’t it 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It’s kinda sad it’s that we have to ask nowadays isn’t it 

Well there is a lot of anti white racism here in the USA(and in Europe as well).

Its usually not even treated as a problem when the racism is against whites.

Just now, Amazonsucks said:

Well there is a lot of anti white racism here in the USA(and in Europe as well).

Makes me glad I live in NZ. Not gonna lie I did want to move to the US, but it just seems scary now. 

10 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Its usually not even treated as a problem when the racism is against whites.

Got any scientific/ academic/empirical data to back up that claim, or you just like fear mongering and spreading uncorroborated information?

7 hours ago, Ralphred said:

I use a similar argument to evade people calling me racist.

I point out that by using the term 'racist' they are tacitly acknowledging that there are subspecies of human, and somehow they think they are qualified to better quantify what constitutes a subspecies when science has yet to do so.

This isn't a permanent solution, but confuses them long enough for me to pick up a heavy object and use it to render them unconscious.

I find it refreshingly confusing how many third party accusations of 'racist' are retracted, after you bludgeon someone with a fire extinguisher, but, as always, YMMV...

you can't be a racist if there are no races

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

That "research" is absolute BS. Of course that I have some preferences when searching for a partner. If my dating app would disable usage of any of the current preferences that I'm using, I would delete that app and find a new one. This "research" was probably made by people who wanted to prove that gender studies is real science in par with physics, math, biology, chemistry......

10 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

See, but this isn't doing anything about that. It is merely promoting additional options into 'possible view'. 

Should we try and provide "possible views" to homosexual people too?

Sure they themselves might think that they only want to match with other homosexuals, but shouldn't we also throw in some women into their matches? Maybe they aren't gay like they thought!

See how bizarre your logic is?

10 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Also, as I mentioned before, these techniques (besides just broading the potential pool of candidates for matches) also have psychological responses in causing people who are on the edge of one's dating preferences to appear more favorable in response (7 in a sea of 10s vs in a sea of 5s blah blah). Thus by promoting more matches in general, instead of exclusively aiming for "higher quality matches", more individuals see results.

You are literally arguing for making services worse. Dating sites should try and create "high quality matches". If I go on a dating site I want to only match with people I actually match well with. I don't want to get a bunch of matches that I won't like for some ideological reason.

Dating sites should only have 1 objective in mind. Matching people together that will fit well together. Anything that matches that less likely to happen objectively makes the service worse.

11 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Analogous thing, but years ago people were complaining that purely random music services (ala Pandora) weren't random enough. The eventual solution was to make the music selection LESS random, and more evenly spaced, which feels to human beings (who implicitly suck at probability) at least to be more random and not less.

No idea what your point is. What does random sorting not feeling truly random have to do with people putting in their preferences and then a computer overwrites those preferences for ideological reasons?

I don't really care about this because I always thought dating apps were stupid and shallow...

To be honest, I do agree that discriminating on potential sentimental partners based on ethnicity (just as on other physical traits of no consequence) is stupid and yes, a little racist - but as I said, dating apps are already shallow to begin with and, in my opinion, cannot be "fixed". If you care at all about a relationship that goes beyond sleeping together for a few nights, you shouldn't be using the likes of tinder.

(sure, there are examples of decent relationships born on apps like this, but I'd say they are the minority)

17 hours ago, Deus Voltage said:

This.

Rest assured though, the "anti-sjw" movement is dying and losing momentum. 

I hope so, but the current political landscape doesn't seem to indicate that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*