Kanye serves Coinye with cease and desist, alleging infringement

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/5283746/kanye-serves-coinye-with-cease-and-desist-alleging-infringement

Kanye West may not be as easygoing as you thought. On Monday, lawyers working for West delivered cease and desist letters to the coders responsible for Coinye, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal. The letter demanded the group stop distribution and promotion of the Bitcoin-style cryptocurrency, alleging that Coinye's cartoon image of West constitutes a form of infringement. "Given Mr. West’s wide-ranging entrepreneurial accomplishments, consumers are likely to mistakenly believe that Mr. West is the source of your services," the letter reads in part.

The currency is set to be released to the public on the 11th, giving West less than a week to prevent the launch. Once the code is public, the original coders will be unable to prevent its use, forcing West's legal team to prosecute every instance of Coinye individually. "We want to release this to the public before the man can try to crush it," one of the coders told the Journal in a Skype interview. "They’ll still come after us, but that’s okay."

LOL and the best part is that they re-schedule the launch to today 

http://coinyeco.in/

coinyeannounce.png

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Told you Kanye West was a prick, In fact over the last several years he has be came the biggest prick in the public eye. So glad their is a bitcoin that is named after him, he so deserves this LOL. Screw you Kanye and your freaking lame ass coin.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Im listening to kanye west right now lol.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Do you have to hit your GPU to decode these coins?

they said is mined like litecoin and dogecoin 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

You know what happens when you try to censor something on the internet.

I'm looking at you Beyonce, I don't even know how to write her name.

Signatures are stupid.

He should spin it around on them... I can see him saying

"Why wouldn't they put my face on a currency? I'm greater then George Washington or Abe Lincoln any day."

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He should spin it around on them... I can see him saying

"Why wouldn't they put my face on a currency? I'm greater then George Washington or Abe Lincoln any day."

Maybe he didn't like because it sounds more like a joke to me.

Signatures are stupid.

Maybe he didn't like because it sounds more like a joke to me.

Exactly, but he could turn it around and make it seem like hes amazing.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this coin scrypt or SHA-256 ?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

is this coin scrypt or SHA-256 ?

scrypt

wJlAbnD.jpg

The developers of the recent alt cryptocurrency CoinyeWest have been issued a ceased and desist letter to stop any and all use of the mark "CoinyeWest", image or likeness to Kanye West, remove all copyrighted videos from their website as well as hand over the domain coinyewest.com. <- That's actually hilarious!

rrIfEzx.png

KhOP31I.png

g3LMcEv.png

CS4Qua6.png

PDF Source: Wall Street Journal

Coinye West cease and desist.pdf

*edit: Topics been merged due to accidental re-post.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

TROOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

one does not simply get rid of something from the internet.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Wallet released 2 minutes ago. Should be interesting to see how things play out. 

Dude is pathetic.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I don't really get the point of this, they're just using his image to get attention due to the recent success of other cryptocurrencies? Seems kind of lame honestly whether you like him or not.

Do you have to hit your GPU to decode these coins?

I think you're mistaking Kanye for Chris Brown...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I would just say to them please give me some of the Coinye currency and I'll come on over and do a photo shoot for the website and we can have some good fun with this idea.

But Kanye west is far too much of a pork sword to do something like that.