Is there like a china eBay but for pc parts only? Aka REALLY cheap pc parts uk if you don’t mind waiting for delivery?

WolfLoverPro

So...... I know I can buy off amazon but I want to know if there’s like an eBay but for China only and also pc parts

like wish but pc parts only AND TRUSTY NOT WISH PC PARTS THAT turn out to be a Xbox disc lol

i just mean any website sells and ships to uk pc parts but are cheap becuase from China as I don’t mimd waiting for shipping wether it’s months? 

You're not going to get modern PC parts for much less than anybody else, especially Americans if you're in the UK. May want to try AliExpress but there isn't a technology-only Chinese selling website I'm aware of that people outside of China have access to, much less use regularly. You're more than likely stuck with the prices you wish were cheaper

err....taobao?

as far as i know chinese ppl buy big item pc parts like graphics card, motherboard on jd.com, an online retailer like amazon, but bigger. and miscellaneous stuff like cables, hard drive cages on taobao.com, like ebay, but way bigger.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Keep in mind that if you order PC parts from China you'll risk having to pay VAT, a handling fee and, depending on how much you buy, a teriff.

All in all it'll more than likely add up to more than what you would have payed at a local retailer.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Keep in mind that if you order PC parts from China you'll risk having to pay VAT, a handling fee and, depending on how much you buy, a teriff.

All in all it'll more than likely add up to more than what you would have payed at a local retailer.

16 minutes ago, zassou said:

err....taobao?

taobao is one of the largest trusted source platform. it also support various payment methods, so credit card is not a must

Peripherals, coolers, other connectors are exceptionally cheap, and of course you have to do some research and read reviews

it should be safe if you are buying an amount for "home use" purpose

45 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

it should be safe if you are buying an amount for "home use" purpose

Nope. The purpose of the purchase is completely irrelevant as to whether or not you have to pay VAT.

The only deter factor is the payed amount. If your purchase doesn't reach a lower threshold (which should be around £10), then you don't have to pay VAT nor handling.

But if you exceed that, which you would if you buy PC parts, you have to VAT and a handling fee.

If you reach yet another threshold, then you also have to pay an 18% tariff.

26 minutes ago, Volbet said:

The only deter factor is the payed amount. If your purchase doesn't reach a lower threshold (which should be around £10), then you don't have to pay VAT nor handling.

But if you exceed that, which you would if you buy PC parts, you have to VAT and a handling fee.

If you reach yet another threshold, then you also have to pay an 18% teriff.

Haven't checked recently, but I think the limit was £18, slightly higher for "gifts" but not significantly so. Above that you get hit with at the least VAT at 20% plus an excessive "handling fee" from whoever tries to take the tax from you. Depending on the item there may also be duty at variable rates. I haven't come across anything calling itself a tariff outside of the VAT and duty.

In practice, they don't actually tax 100% of everything, and it varies more with the delivery method. You have some non-zero chance with regular mail and/or parcelfarce. They will send you a ransom note to pay before they deliver. With companies like FedEX, DHL and similar, they operate different and deliver first, then send you a letter typically some weeks later demanding the payment. It is closer to 100% taxed with these.

Best bet for lower cost hardware is ebay from far east countries excluding Japan. Sellers generally declare a lower than actual value, but be warned technically that makes you as importer potentially liable for smuggling.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

11 hours ago, Volbet said:

how come when order stuff of ebay and amazon there is not hidden costs?

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

how come when order stuff of ebay and amazon there is not hidden costs?

There is.

Depending on the seller, eBay might print a deceptively lower price on the customs declaration.

While this does make it more likely the product will pass through customs without an additional charge, it also makes the seller a smuggler.

It can also prompt the customs to send you an email or letter, wherein they'll ask you to forward a receipt to them.

On regards to Amazon, the It could also depend on the seller. If the product is sold by Amazon, then they might ship the item from an EU location or you just haven't been caught yet.

21 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

cheap becuase from China

The only way to buy cheap, is to physically go to China, buy in bulk and ship back a 40' shipping container.

Another good way to buy cheap, is to get a group of people together who want the same thing as you, and buy in bulk.

There are websites that cater directly to China, but you need a translator or be able to read their languages Mandarin, Cantonese. 

Really not a good idea to do this in the first place.... Just watch Lienus' videos about all the crappy stuff they got from Ali express...

What is your budget?

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

11 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Really not a good idea to do this in the first place.... Just watch Lienus' videos about all the crappy stuff they got from Ali express...

What is your budget?

....... I don’t have that ssd or anything................ 

seems fine to me lol? What’s wrong with it? It seems fast and hasn’t broke yet ...

12 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

seems fine to me lol? What’s wrong with it? It seems fast and hasn’t broke yet ...

???

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

7 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

???

I was saying in a joke way that it. Have that kingspec  ssd And you said it is bad that’s why you sent the videos but I have had no problems with it yet 

Ali express is my dodgy Chinese online retailer of choice. They have brand new x79 no brand motherboards for sale and they intrigue me.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

On 10/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, porina said:

I haven't come across anything calling itself a tariff outside of the VAT and duty.

tariff = import duty. You're both talking about the same thing ;) 

7 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

tariff = import duty. You're both talking about the same thing ;) 

I kinda assumed that, but it is called duty whenever they demanded payment from me.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

14 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Ok, im an "experienced" retard who buys things on Aliexpress all the time. I built an entire PC off of cheap chinese parts, lots of it from aliexpress and chinese ebay sellers.

The problem with buying things from china as individual parts is that its really expensive compared to just buying in your own country. Without the coupon i had, that ASL GT 1030 wouldve been 91$. The same price really as just a regular 1030 in the US (although the ASL one is really cool). Some of the parts i bought sure, they were a bit cheaper. The SSD was maybe a few bucks cheaper than a 120gb ssd on newegg, the cooler was around the price range of a Hyper 212 EVO and performs about the same tbh (just looks cooler), the PSU was actually more expensive than something like an EVGA 600B and its 230v so i needed a step up transformer for it.

It ends up really being more expensive to buy these parts and theyre really not much better than regional options around you.

Legit gpu manufacturers like ASL, Yeston, Maxsun, Colorful etc sell their cards at a higher price when sold individually on sites like aliexpress. A colorful 1080ti goes for anywhere from 800-1000 USD which is a couple hundred over something like a US Sold zotac 1080ti.

In the video they werent complaining that the cards were bad, or that they were fake in any way, but that they were kinda basic and cheaply made and cost more than options locally. (with the exception being the ELSA card)

14 hours ago, ibabyslapper said:

Ali express is my dodgy Chinese online retailer of choice. They have brand new x79 no brand motherboards for sale and they intrigue me.

These are usually just modified chipsets on what i can best describe as a "universal" motherboard. A lot of the designs for the same socket are identical. Basically someone got hold of a bunch of print diagrams for older mobos and started making boards for every important chipset per socket.

A friend of mine has one of the no name 40$ LGA 1156 P55 boards, it works fine, he doesnt think its actually P55 because it can take literally any 1156 processor, lynfield xeons, and it takes ECC 1333mhz ddr3. So we got no idea what it actually is but the guess is that the chipset on it might actually be one for a lynnfield board but its been tricked into working like P55, so it can take any processor and any ram.

1 hour ago, campy said:

Ok, im an "experienced" retard who buys things on Aliexpress all the time. I built an entire PC off of cheap chinese parts, lots of it from aliexpress and chinese ebay sellers.

The problem with buying things from china as individual parts is that its really expensive compared to just buying in your own country. Without the coupon i had, that ASL GT 1030 wouldve been 91$. The same price really as just a regular 1030 in the US (although the ASL one is really cool). Some of the parts i bought sure, they were a bit cheaper. The SSD was maybe a few bucks cheaper than a 120gb ssd on newegg, the cooler was around the price range of a Hyper 212 EVO and performs about the same tbh (just looks cooler), the PSU was actually more expensive than something like an EVGA 600B and its 230v so i needed a step up transformer for it.

It ends up really being more expensive to buy these parts and theyre really not much better than regional options around you.

Legit gpu manufacturers like ASL, Yeston, Maxsun, Colorful etc sell their cards at a higher price when sold individually on sites like aliexpress. A colorful 1080ti goes for anywhere from 800-1000 USD which is a couple hundred over something like a US Sold zotac 1080ti.

In the video they werent complaining that the cards were bad, or that they were fake in any way, but that they were kinda basic and cheaply made and cost more than options locally. (with the exception being the ELSA card)

These are usually just modified chipsets on what i can best describe as a "universal" motherboard. A lot of the designs for the same socket are identical. Basically someone got hold of a bunch of print diagrams for older mobos and started making boards for every important chipset per socket.

A friend of mine has one of the no name 40$ LGA 1156 P55 boards, it works fine, he doesnt think its actually P55 because it can take literally any 1156 processor, lynfield xeons, and it takes ECC 1333mhz ddr3. So we got no idea what it actually is but the guess is that the chipset on it might actually be one for a lynnfield board but its been tricked into working like P55, so it can take any processor and any ram. 

Yeah, I noticed how these "X79" boards seem to be based on random chipsets that may or may not be compatible with 2011, which makes me want to buy one even more tbh.

Also, Have you seen the dual socket X79 board Huanan have now? It's a dual socket E-ATX "X79" board with only four RAM slots (2 per CPU), and "Theoretically it supports Intel series with LGA 2011 socket V2 and below." Maybe a dual-socket Aliexpress only build is due...

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

31 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

Huanan

Never heard of that brand before, are they an outright clone?

China clones anything they can make money on.

Yeah, or just generic mobo's or defective mobo's that someone snatched from a legit mobo builder. Perfect examples are battery cells. Rebranded Sony into a FireTrust. They were legit Sony but Sony rejected them for QC issue and they were then bought by FireTrust and resleaved.

The cloners just reverse engineer a genuine power supply and sell them.

Then there are the counterfeiters.

2 hours ago, campy said:

"universal" motherboard

16 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Never heard of that brand before, are they an outright clone?

China clones anything they can make money on.

I wouldn't call them a clone, they just make janky motherboards on older sockets.

Here's an example of one such board

For a janky mobo, they are not cheap. I'd trust a recognizable brand name in used condition over janky chinese gamble.