Intel 9th Gen Paid Benchmarks Take Advantage of NDA Periods

Carclis
7 hours ago, KendoSapion said:

Is 9th gen not going to be I7 9700k or have I got this all wrong

9th gen will bring the i7 9700K.

The graph shown in the main post is likely just there to show past skewing of results.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

25 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

That is integrity. While they do accept money from them they dont feel like it that it should change their opinion. Like when i accept my monthly wage from my employer(a company, not important which) but that wont stop me from telling my opinion about the products we make be it negative or positive.

No, it's complicity: You accept money from your employee and you might not inherently agree with everything your employee says but you are an inherent net value to their causes and so are shills to intel.

Also the point of this thread is that in this particular case, intel actually is stopping opinions about the products with an NDA they decided to break themselves with paid advertising. 

Sorry but you can't just avoid any personal responsibility saying "I have integrity because I still shit on them even though my promotional material of them is a benefit that far outweighs my criticism"

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Also the point of this thread is that in this particular case, intel actually is stopping opinions about the products with an NDA they decided to break themselves with paid advertising. 

My point was that even if intel sponsors a video they wont hide the cons, NDA is kinda a catch 22 because if they break it the could go down the toilet. If you want to hate something hate the legal system for not containing counterweight's for this kind of situation. Altough intel could be sued for false advertising but they would probably win because intel has more money.

As for my employer im aint a big asset since i cant say anything positive about their products. Its just as bad as the competitors just costs more..... If someone say/do something stupid i say it into that persons face, and usually dont care who was it.... :D

7 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

My point was that even if intel sponsors a video they wont hide the cons, NDA is kinda a catch 22 because if they break it the could go down the toilet. If you want to hate something hate the legal system for not containing counterweight's for this kind of situation. Altough intel could be sued for false advertising but they would probably win because intel has more money.

Actually no: The reason they respect NDA agreements it's because they want both the sponsorships but particularly the press access and privileges like being invited to press events and offered review samples.

If any reviewer wanted to convince me they are truly impartial they would NEVER agree to an NDA of any kind: if intel stops inviting them to press events and supplying them hardware review samples so be it: the reviewers with the audience should have the upper hand since they are selling the access to their audience so why on earth do you bend over and sign the NDA? 

The fact that anybody here signs NDAs means they are automatically never going to be anything more than paid shills at the end of the day. Press doesn't takes money from the subjects they cover, that's basic fucking journalistic integrity that companies like Intel have bypassed by turning a bunch of happy, eager, fanboy kids into "press" flying them to events with free diners and plane tickets and shiny new hardware and access to it before anyone else.

Instead of working fairly with actual journalist they have cultivated their own type of cheerleaders to promote their products but make no mistake they ultimately do control them, even the "big" ones like Linus would take a beating if he was the only channel left out of the review cycles for major releases from all tech companies at this point.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Gamer's Nexus recently posted a video harshly critiquing the testing methodology due to variance in:

• coolers
  • motherboards
  • RAM speeds and RAM timings
  • Getting median results instead of averages
  • Using FRAPS instead of the in-game frame counter
  • Using GPU tests instead of CPU

Edit: In addition:

• Possible variating fan speeds
  • Omitting or forgetting testing constraints/ general info (Not specified completly).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Tom's Hardware : Why the i9-9900K is worth it, even if you already own an 8700K

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Oh my, I just noticed game mode results...

1?token-time=1540252800&token-hash=tRWfD

Y I K E S

Deceit at its finest.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

12 minutes ago, Suika said:

Oh my, I just noticed game mode results...

Reveal hidden contents

1?token-time=1540252800&token-hash=tRWfD

Y I K E S

Deceit at its finest.

Its okay, they meant to say they were testing a simulated 2500x instead. 

3 hours ago, Suika said:

Fixed in bold.

Intel's listed pricing was 1k bulk purchases, not MSRP. Kind of misleading for those who don't know any better.

All listed cpu pricing is 1k quanities. Pointless to be annoyed by it, and overtime, listed price fairly closely matches the 1k tray (+/- 20).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I mean what's worse.... cherry picked graphs and data that you have no idea how it's generated, or cherry picked data with full (near full) disclosure on how it was generated?

Full when asked about it anyways.

I don't think the whole enabled GameMode thing is a good idea... but tbh it's kinda AMD's fault for having a "Game Mode" that reduces gaming performance.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

6 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I mean what's worse.... cherry picked graphs and data that you have no idea how it's generated, or cherry picked data with full (near full) disclosure on how it was generated?

Full when asked about it anyways.

I don't think the whole enabled GameMode thing is a good idea... but tbh it's kinda AMD's fault for having a "Game Mode" that reduces gaming performance.

I mean, at least if they acknowledge that if the shit's cherry picked, you can go from there and let people know; not saying anything about it, to me anyway, is far worse and far more dangerous.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I mean, at least if they acknowledge that if the shit's cherry picked, you can go from there and let people know; not saying anything about it, to me anyway, is far worse and far more dangerous.

They gave the entire methodology (well almost). 

They didn't come out and say "our testers were idiots, and did this survey in a method that is stupid and misleading", but they gave the hatchet and gasoline with which to start the bonfire.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

One word. WAN Show.

Okay, it's two but please PLEASE discuss this Linus. Intel have gone way, WAY too far.

33 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

All listed cpu pricing is 1k quanities. Pointless to be annoyed by it, and overtime, listed price fairly closely matches the 1k tray (+/- 20).

Oh, I'm not implying that I'm annoyed by it, it's been that way for awhile, I'm just clarifying that you can't compare the 1k quantities to the 2700X's list price. At least immediately, we're not going to get close to that list price, or at least, outside of Microcenter.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

It would appear PCgamesN have updated their article to reflect the criticism and called for Intel's response.   However I still ant to know if prinsipletechnologies has released this report intentionally at the bequest of Intel or not.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Steve has just drop a vid about this

I'm watching it now

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

58 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Its okay, they meant to say they were testing a simulated 2500x instead. 

The editor had a long 15 min drive to work, he was tired and made a simple mistake. oops sorry.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

32 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Steve has just drop a vid about this

I'm watching it now

Well that answers my question.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i think Intel is scared of reviews providing real world stats. i would imagine the i9 is what intel wants to be the focus. The issue is going to be the 9700k is the go too being the i7 budget wise. It will no longer be binned, not that X700k’s all perform the best but they did state its i9’s that can’t reach clocks.

The i7 also with hyperthreading gone sounds bad. the reason we have hyperthreading is when the core runs into an issue during a cycle and clears it, we switch to the hyperthread core. these i7’s are going to perform like i5’s.

With no IPC change and no change to the hardware from 6700k-9700k Intel knows its going to perform badly. The i9 however will perform amazingly with 8 cores and 16 threads.

Intel has done this move not getting samples to reviewers because they want to fill preorders its that simple. People will order the new processor, i still don’t understand this move why remove hyperthreading it provides a critical function.

I guess we will finds out in the coming weeks how bad this is.. i still think we will see the 8700k be it an all cores 5Ghz overclocked unit, beating the 9700k clocked at 5Ghz in some games where high workload is placed on all cores. Without hyperthreading there will be cycles missing and that will impact performance.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

12 hours ago, ZeouLs said:

The same logic about no capes applies to preorders too...

no_preorders_edna.gif.873a6064d70f998d3b21a93d7df0d08d.gif

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I read this as "with Ryzen you have to fuck around with memory settings and physical stick configurations, with Intel it's 1 button and you're good".

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

18 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

I read this as "with Ryzen you have to fuck around with memory settings and physical stick configurations, with Intel it's 1 button and you're good".

Intel: Open BIOS, load XMP

AMD: Open BIOS, load D.O.C.P

You have to actually be a right bell end to make it harder than an Intel system, it's exactly the same.