Sure I'll recycle your computers for you

Syntaxvgm
23 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

he's coming from a laptop with like an 840m I think, so this will be good for him.

It'd be cooler if I just permanently gave it to him, but nah I want it back some day if he upgrades im greedy

Nothing long with a long term loan! I still would not say no. 

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Well huge update time
@dizmo @BuckGup @fasauceome @ImplosiveNUTech @AntiTrust @TechyBen @TetraSky @N1NJ4W4RR10R @Radium_Angel @Yoinkerman @DildorTheDecent @Aelar_Nailo @Jtalk4456 @RollTime @aezakmi @TopHatProductions115

Yesterday I was flagged down (work in same building). 
"Glad I found you"
I thought, oh boy, they fucked up. 

Nope. They had more computer stuff they wanted me to take. 
I got a chance to talk to one of the IT guys for this, who I assumed works for the main company and administrates this branch remotely unless he's needed there. 

From what I could interpret, they were getting a new server and new machines when they moved, and the reason I'm getting good stuff is "it's not our money so who cares". 
He seemed to be pleased that I'm finding a home for this stuff anyway. He gave me a server, and when I went to tear out the drives, I noticed this had 3 3TB drives and 2 256GB ssds. At this point I had already talk to some people about the drives I ended up with before. I was having problems getting to the trays (weird case) and I just wanted to get it loaded and get back to work. So I asked about just secure erasing the drives, and he directed me to who I think was the company president? She had no problem with it. For some reason a guy in an old work shirt, torn jeans, and sandals with really long hair and a beard (I have no dress code) looked like the guy to trust- or that she seemed to think if the IT guy thought I knew what to do, it was fine. Idk. What I do know is this was going directly int he trash, and they may not have kept the drives.

I also received another desktop (different haswell i5) and 2 720p security tvs, some printer crap and more cords. 
To give you an idea of all the junk I have, here's just one box 
CssKTvV.thumb.jpg.25cc4d6e22768731426916fffee3c52a.jpg
So a lot of it will be recycled, inlcuding several desktops from 15 or more years ago. 
Here's the third useful desktop- the second haswell i5
PpFzYQE.thumb.jpg.c6427097414b757aeff5c7d6a2e3f25e.jpg
The server is a sandy e3-1275, i7 equivalent basically. 
B8Z38qC.thumb.jpg.4cac29a0ad08728ecd50e29d2fff2000.jpg
more server pics 
pmcI1Ev.thumb.jpg.147fc170b1ec7140908f36323dcdcf57.jpg

LG4uL5X.thumb.jpg.e571e29a12a7a8c3998cd9525eb89b28.jpg

It has 32 GB of memory, not sure if ecc yet, but I haven't had time to look. It took seven hours to securely wipe the drives last night. 

FtxYupo.thumb.jpg.c025c88eb01b986582c35e2cc2d97b14.jpg
He also told me that he had more for me to take today, something about a ups and networking stuff. Told him to just knock on my office. 
Today's haul
936qA8Q.thumb.jpg.fa99ff96ff790075f6213c353356afe5.jpgLittle while ago, I picked up 3 upses. I haven't looked at all of them yet, but the two cyberpower ones are 1500va ones like on I already own. There are 4 in total, and 1 is a very heavy rackmount one. There's also a quad core athlon desktop I guess. 
I think this is everything, but who knows. 
I will update when everything is sorted through, this might take some time I have a wedding to go to this weekend. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

29 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I will update when everything is sorted through

Thx for the heads up. The Xeon chip is almost certainly ecc ram. If you want to sell some of this stuff, I"m interested in the server...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thx for the heads up. The Xeon chip is almost certainly ecc ram. If you want to sell some of this stuff, I"m interested in the server...

I think Im keeping the server, but im not 100% sure yet.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

I think Im keeping the server, but im not 100% sure yet.

No harm done, I'm a huge fan of Dell PowerEdge servers if one should fall into your hands :)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

No harm done, I'm a huge fan of Dell PowerEdge servers if one should fall into your hands :)

I like dell professional/ commercial stuff too! Typing this from a precision. Fuck HP

muh specs 

All parts black

damn thats a really nice second haul. esp the xeon and haswell make up for the other junk.

Have you sold anything yet? I would be flogging the sh*tty 20-22 inch monitors on craigslist for like 20$ each. 

the 3TB hard drives and SSD I would just keep and reuse. 

2 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

So a lot of it will be recycled, inlcuding several desktops from 15 or more years ago. 

the poor office workers that were still using these computers up until recently LOL

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

You got some cuties in there

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

45 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

damn thats a really nice second haul. esp the xeon and haswell make up for the other junk.

Have you sold anything yet? I would be flogging the sh*tty 20-22 inch monitors on craigslist for like 20$ each. 

the poor office workers that were still using these computers up until recently LOL

no I think some have been sitting. They were on good crap. I mean one of the decommissioned ones I got was a 6700! Small office, lots of good new ultrawides and stuff. I mean some of the old stuff was even overkill. One of the old XP laptops was a giant one with 2 drives in raid. 

20 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

You got some cuties in there

This office was full of BBW

19 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Please recycle my life to make it better. Thank you very much.

By asking the lord for forgiveness and pushing religion on everyone you meet through awkward conversations about how it helped you personally, you can become a worse person as a starting point for being better. 

muh specs 

All parts black

47 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

Dont forget the skylake! Yah Im very busy in the short term, but in the next couple of weeks I will be breaking stuff up as far as what to do with it. What goes to ewaste, what craigslist, and what goes to ebay. I already have a ton of stuff I need to ebay anyway. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

By asking the lord for forgiveness and pushing religion on everyone you meet through awkward conversations about how it helped you personally, you can become a worse person as a starting point for being better. 

I believe these priests are making money in the Lord name. Every time I go to Sunday service, the church people always asking  money like for real. 

-snip-

why zeroing the drives though? it's not like you're gonna use anything that's inside them, just a quick format and you can use them

3 hours ago, DaPhuc said:

Please recycle my life to make it better. Thank you very much.

the fact that you don't have this pic

a79.jpg

as avatar is very disturbing.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Damn, nice haul.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

-snip-

why zeroing the drives though? it's not like you're gonna use anything that's inside them, just a quick format and you can use them

a79.jpg

Full format is the same as zeroing... If an SSD, AFAIK TRIM also "zeros" the drive. Samsung offers a utility that does "secure erase", which I assume also erases any manufacturer partitioned/reserved space as well. So no worries if they are zeroing to use later...

Though there is no guarantee that the drive has not partitioned around some damage (and used it's reserve space to make it the damage hidden to the end user). So theoretically, data can be left on the drive. If it's your drive, and personal data, you can take the risk if you wish. I do, because the chance the 15k or data is the one bit of cache my bank details were on, is a bizillion and 2 to one. xD

4 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

This office was full of BBW

Well, you know what they say:

"More bounce per ounce"

"For fun per ton"

"More cushion for the pushing"

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, you know what they say:

"More bounce per ounce"

"For fun per ton"

"More cushion for the pushing"

maybe a little too much cushion for safety reasons  

muh specs 

All parts black

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

-snip-

a79.jpg

The Father

LingLang.png.c5a06f1678c4a4a1b2e5c7afa6975a03.png

The Son

61f31718139eee00e59b0b41e7ab69ed4e9a356c_full.jpg.832775cc7c985ce51b0eea4eaecd0140.jpg

The Holy Spirit

NUT.jpg.36d822fe444f40a2a7fabb00dff4191b.jpg

The Followers

5bad5dc66a4c3_WDF2.JPG.301789b54beaff5c7700b871183ff68f.JPG

15 hours ago, aezakmi said:

-snip-

a79.jpg

Because I said I would.
And it's very easy to recover data after a quick format.

muh specs 

All parts black

God damn that's some nice loot. You up to sell those SSDs?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

God damn that's some nice loot. You up to sell those SSDs?

probably not on the ssds, I have pretty much refused to have an hdd boot drive in anything for the past few years. I have one less than I have good systems from this, and I'm not sure what im breaking up an selling on ebay yet. At least one a friend is getting with the 6700k system.

muh specs 

All parts black