Which one should I get?

Hello everyone!
I want to buy an M1 macbook for school. I'm looking at three options:
1: macbook air M1 8gb ram, 256gb storage, 89% battery for around 600 euros
2: macbook pro M1 8gb ram, 256gb storage, 87% battery for 775 euros
3: wait for a better deal
I can't get a 16gb model because every one of those cost 1100+ euros used in my country and a new one is even more than that.

So the question is which one should I get?

Does it have to be a mac?

It only having 256gb of storage and 8gb of ram is very limiting and you can EASILY max out the ram usage just doing normal tasks

What will the usecase be?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Does it have to be a mac?

It only having 256gb of storage and 8gb of ram is very limiting and you can EASILY max out the ram usage just doing normal tasks

What will the usecase be?

It doesn't have to be a mac but I would prefer one.
The main use cases would be coding, excel sheets, playing legaue of legends and watching youtube.

47 minutes ago, Balint2111 said:

It doesn't have to be a mac but I would prefer one.
The main use cases would be coding, excel sheets, playing legaue of legends and watching youtube.

Id honestly steer away from any device with 8gb of ram. You'll noticr it EXTREMELY hard when having a browser open whilst working or gaming. I mean even just doing one of these tasks it will be noticable

I advice you opt fot one of the many windows laptops with 16gb of ram instead of a laptop with less ram than even budget phones these days :p.

The m1 is great chip but it also using the ram as vram eats even more away of the little you have

I have a m1 air available to me also with 8gb and it sucks so much that you can SEE it has power to give but it just grinds to a halt when doing some excel + web work on 2 screens.

The m2 16gb my colleague switched to has 0 issues at all rock solid machine but the 8gb machine has no use except being a one thing only or facebook/yt machine.

It also does NOT do the longevity of the ssd any favours. Considering these things aren't repairable its not that great.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Id honestly steer away from any device with 8gb of ram. You'll noticr it EXTREMELY hard when having a browser open whilst working or gaming. I mean even just doing one of these tasks it will be noticable

I advice you opt fot one of the many windows laptops with 16gb of ram instead of a laptop with less ram than even budget phones these days :p.

The m1 is great chip but it also using the ram as vram eats even more away of the little you have

I have a m1 air available to me also with 8gb and it sucks so much that you can SEE it has power to give but it just grinds to a halt when doing some excel + web work on 2 screens.

The m2 16gb my colleague switched to has 0 issues at all rock solid machine but the 8gb machine has no use except being a one thing only or facebook/yt machine.

It also does NOT do the longevity of the ssd any favours. Considering these things aren't repairable its not that great.

Thanks for your answer! I will look for a 16gb in my price range and if I can't find i will just get a windows laptop. Either way it's going to be an upgrade.

16 minutes ago, Balint2111 said:

Thanks for your answer! I will look for a 16gb in my price range and if I can't find i will just get a windows laptop. Either way it's going to be an upgrade.

Ask back if ya need win laptop advice!

Else well maybe an m1 air with 16gb is less?

Its a worse laptop but still quite darm good