Why do you buy from apple?

Cupar19
2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you will find the technology (wireless/fast charge, led, back button, bumps, nfc etc)used in apple products is always few years behind, while paying much premium, (by the way, I dont see any improvements worth talking about on its product line)

imo Apple is only for people who do not know how to control phone, dont know/ care anything about customize,  and let it setup every basic functions for you.

so them still having the best wifi available in pcs (Linus agrees)and now the Apple Watch being the first and only full heart monitor available over the counter capable of recording afib for your doctor being almost a full smart phone sos becon over GPS and calling 911 if you have a fall and don't respond isn't worth talking about? the new Xs having a 6 core cpu and multi core GPU and being able to play games with people around you in new augmented reality isn't worth talking about? (think 3D arcade games with your friends anywhere)

11 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you will find the technology (wireless/fast charge, led, back button, bumps, nfc etc)used in apple products is always few years behind, while paying much premium, (by the way, I dont see any improvements worth talking about on its product line)

imo Apple is only for people who do not know how to control phone, dont know/ care anything about customize,  and let it setup every basic functions for you.

wut

I'm no Apple fan by any means, I've never owned an Apple product but this is just talking out of your ass lol.

I don't buy Apple because I find I can get what I need elsewhere for much cheaper. Also, this is a subjective thing but I'm not very fond of the look and feel of iOS.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I don't buy from them, simply because I don't need the stuff they sell, and I don't hate the brand or anything so it's not about being a hater or a fanboy.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It's not a great PC. It's a sub par PC with a ridiculous price.

VirtualBox is a hypervisor, a shitty hypervisor. It doesn't contradict with anything I've said.

No, you can't. And while one can get a modded EFI, it's substancially less stable than just putting Linux on a Dell XPS 15.

The difference between 1600 and 2133 is pretty big when doing anything with AVX (H.264 and HEVC encoding, which is something commonly done with Final Cut, which is exclusive to OSX), and there are improvements in frame times with gaming.

You won't. That 30% is base clock vs base clock, best processor available to your MacBook generation vs the worst available to mine. You're not going to be hitting your turbo clock any more than I am. That 30% is real world performance.

So, I've been comparing to the BEST 2012 MBP, when you're using a piece of crap running a 3210M.

In that case, my MBP is 37% faster at single core, 175% faster at multicore.

Hell, my then $800 Acer Laptop outpaces your then $1200 MBP, as it runs a 3230M.

Yeah I have better things to do than force myself to use outdated pieces of shit. Doesn't mean I don't have experience with the design.

still just showing you have no idea what your taking about and being ignorant and mad about shit. im buying the i7 as my next project read back and take a breath your going to have a stroke at this point trying to prove you bought a crap computer and have no idea why. you sound like a Starbucks sort who needed the branding to impress some one and its sucking in things you didn't think of not my fault or Macs fault you bought the wrong computer thats what research is for I did mine and have a few cool older models of computers now Panasonic and old old gateway a few dells my hp and a stack of tablets but I don't buy stuff I can't find anything redeemable about this Mac is my every day driver for now it had to out class a HP x2 10" X5 atom and be disposable and portable and it does all that with alot more grace than the other options I looked at that wouldn't give me near this spec for my budget also if you don't own a Mac at least once you can't really talk shit without looking like a fool and Mac owners know who are full of it.

Apple certainly is for some, a status symbol. For others there's plenty of reasons of choosing Apple over another company...

I've mostly owned Android and cheapo phones that didnt even run Android, and I like it. I have an S8+, I love it.

But to no fault of Samsung or any Android OEM, I honestly don't care for Google. I don't like what the company has been doing lately and I don't like their data practices.

Though I do plan on buying an iPhone within the next year. It just sucks I'm not gonna have the chance again to buy a $816 phone for $516 later-mid cycle (August).

For me, I presume @Dan Castellaneta will end up with an iPhone too because that's all he's pretty much been around was iOS and wants to stick with that and for me have the ability to maybe use facetime in a blue moon with him and certainly imessages is really desirable.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

10 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Love their... iPods.

Yeah, dedicated MP3 for lyfe.

Zunes are better.

RIP Zune.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I'm neither pro nor anti Apple on the product level. My view is simple; does this product do what I need it to do at a reasonable price point?

It's not always a price issue. My LG V30 costs more than an iPhone 8 and I justified that difference because of expandability and dac.

I am not an Apple fanboy, in fact I only own one apple product: the Macbook Air.

I decided to go with the Macbook Air because it has an all metal body that is very slim. I was looking for an everyday carry laptop so I wanted it to be light.

I think that many people purchase Apple products because they 'just work'. But a lot of the time for people who are more tech savvy, they are too simplified and therefore an object of hate among the community.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

3 hours ago, BuckGup said:

I use MacBooks from 2015 or before only 

Same here. They went down hill fast after this. I refuse to live in Dongle Hell...

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

I always liked their phones, I've had one since 4. My current one is a 7 Plus, and I'm probably not going to buy another. They've strayed too far from fixing basic stuff and are focusing way too much of their R&D on nonsense like animoji.

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

This I can personally vouch for; my mom's 7 Plus had issues mainly involving the detection of a SIM Card, and she was able to take it in to an Apple Store to at least try to fix it, and all she had to do was schedule an appointment for it.

personally I thought their support sucked

both of the times I contacted them they tried to make me buy stuff even though the solution was simple. 

for instance my mum had a partition issue on her 2013 MacBook pro and they basically said just upgrade to a new one and didn't tell me that all I had to do was delete one of the partitions

the other time we had a problem with an iPad mini, can't remember what is was, so we booked an appointment at an Apple store who just said idk but we can offer you the newer model for like £400 or tower much it was

this might just be me but my friends have also said their support wasn't great 

I know the people here are anti-Apple for good reason, some of their products baffle me as well.

Purchasing my Early 2015 MacBook Air was an amazing choice.

macOS until now served me really well, being the most snappy OS I've used period.

I buy them because they last and are reliable.

Or at least, the Airs are.

I'm not sure about the Pro, there seems to be a lot of problems with the recent ones.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

@jonrosalia hi, my current daily driver is a probook 6470b and it cost me about 550$ new in 2012........

its a laptop with a hot-swapable battery (providing you are charging while swapping the battery) and the battery is easily removed by using a switch. i get about 4 hours+ of battery life out of this laptop at 75% brightness. and considering what this has been through it is pretty good. 

i can also swap the CPU to anything within socket G2 with a the use of a single screwdriver. 

backpanel is opened the same way as the battery is removed. 

it has a docking station for parking at home if you want.

it has then served as a gaming (yes gaming) laptop untill 2017 after it got relagated to a student laptop for the time being. 

after nearly no maintenance since purchase and a upgrade to a 120GB SSD and a another stick of 4 GB 1600mhz sodimm ddr3 it is still close to new in operating condition. (Cheap A series kingston drive, still boots faster than an macbook pro 2016-17)

i payed about 670-700$ for this machine total up to this point. and everything was bought new from a retailer (no used parts in this laptop)

(note: it doesnt thermal throttle at all and will hold a constant 2,9ghz boost)

Edited by GoldenLag

6 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

what if it was the same price as everything else and had the same product im tired of the its to much excuse used is cheap.

Using eb games (Aus), the s7 is 200 dollars cheaper refurbished. The s7 is 2 gens old for it's line, so is the iPhone 7.

For the sake of argument however, I looked for the 6s. It's still $50 more.

So unless you want to buy completely second hand, where you might get one cheaper from those treating their devices like fashion statements rather than phone's, something I'm never doing, it's unlikely you'll be able to find an iPhone cheaper than the equivalent s series, and definitely if you look to pretty much any android that isn't samsung or google made.

6 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

so them still having the best wifi available in pcs (Linus agrees)and now the Apple Watch being the first and only full heart monitor available over the counter capable of recording afib for your doctor being almost a full smart phone sos becon over GPS and calling 911 if you have a fall and don't respond isn't worth talking about? the new Xs having a 6 core cpu and multi core GPU and being able to play games with people around you in new augmented reality isn't worth talking about? (think 3D arcade games with your friends anywhere)

3 things apple has done well.

1) Build quality. They have many stupid oversights, but for the most part they are as/more durable than the competition

2) Their mobile CPUs

3) Their refinements and some of their innovations. They make some utter garbage sometimes, but things like that watch, their touch pad and face ID are worth mentioning.

7 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

still just showing you have no idea what your taking about and being ignorant and mad about shit. im buying the i7 as my next project read back and take a breath your going to have a stroke at this point trying to prove you bought a crap computer and have no idea why. you sound like a Starbucks sort who needed the branding to impress some one and its sucking in things you didn't think of not my fault or Macs fault you bought the wrong computer thats what research is for I did mine and have a few cool older models of computers now Panasonic and old old gateway a few dells my hp and a stack of tablets but I don't buy stuff I can't find anything redeemable about this Mac is my every day driver for now it had to out class a HP x2 10" X5 atom and be disposable and portable and it does all that with alot more grace than the other options I looked at that wouldn't give me near this spec for my budget also if you don't own a Mac at least once you can't really talk shit without looking like a fool and Mac owners know who are full of it.

8 hours ago, jonrosalia said:

spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about and thats the problem with apple derangement syndrome you hate apples whole line up to without proof or a clue about it I bet you haven't even used a Mac for more than 5 minutes if you did you wouldn't be making blanket statements. 

my MacBook has 16 GB of DDR3 1600 and dual 480gb ssds in it and only cost me $700 all in with 2 chargers and the parts to upgrade it from a 500Gb HDD and 4 GB of ram and a new keyboard and back lite to make it feel brand new.  it comes apart with 4 screw drivers easier than most pcs and a battery swap takes 5 minutes and is held in with 3 screws. 

get off the band wagon and use what works best for the best price I can run any OS easy you can't.

Why the insults? That is one reason that I hate Apple. Because of people like YOU. You can't take facts, you ignore them, you spin them around. You think your superior to everyone here because you use a Macbook or whatever you use.  Grow up buddy, and please fix your punctuation and grammar.. You've written a whole sentence without any commas, full stops.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Why the insults? That is one reason that I hate Apple. Because of people like YOU. You can't take facts, you ignore them, you spin them around. You think your superior to everyone here because you use a Macbook or whatever you use.  Grow up buddy, and please fix your punctuation and grammar.. You've written a whole sentence without any commas, full stops.

why the insults because he's been baselessly using internet facts and figures to try to argue with me about how bad all Macs have to be because he docent like the one he has so all of them have to be garbage to him and every one who disagrees with him that all Macs are garbage is wrong. im happy with mine but its still garbage to him even though he has never seen it or owned the same model before defending trolls why don't you read back he's a self hating apple owner trying to get on the Mac bashing bandwagon of people who have never owned one buy one or shut up is my answer to most of this the ignorant idea that the are all garbage will disappear with the use of the best track pad in all of laptops.

Edited by jonrosalia
being a dick before coffee

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

@jonrosalia hi, my current daily driver is a probook 6470b and it cost me about 550$ new in 2012........

its a laptop with a hot-swapable battery (providing you are charging while swapping the battery) and the battery is easily removed by using a switch. i get about 4 hours+ of battery life out of this laptop at 75% brightness. and considering what this has been through it is pretty good. 

i can also swap the CPU to anything within socket G2 with a the use of a single screwdriver. 

backpanel is opened the same way as the battery is removed. 

it has a docking station for parking at home if you want.

it has then served as a gaming (yes gaming) laptop untill 2017 after it got relagated to a student laptop for the time being. 

after nearly no maintenance since purchase and a upgrade to a 120GB SSD and a another stick of 4 GB 1600mhz sodimm ddr3 it is still close to new in operating condition. (Cheap A series kingston drive, still boots faster than an macbook pro 2016-17)

i payed about 670-700$ for this machine total up to this point. and everything was bought new from a retailer (no used parts in this laptop)

(note: it doesnt thermal throttle at all and will hold a constant 2,9ghz boost)

my MacBook is more or less the same computer at this point same i5 3210m with 16Gb of 1600 DDR3 in it its just not socketed I can just get another logic board with the i7 on it and swap it in they are about 2-300 if I wanted but it gives me a whole new motherboard in the swap I threw 2 ssds in it and im at about the same price $700 and am thinking im going to get 5 years out of it if I use it as a every day like I plan.

7 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

my MacBook is more or less the same computer at this point same i5 3210m with 16Gb of 1600 DDR3 in it its just not socketed I can just get another logic board with the i7 on it and swap it in they are about 2-300 if I wanted but it gives me a whole new motherboard in the swap I threw 2 ssds in it and im at about the same price $700 and am thinking im going to get 5 years out of it if I use it as a every day like I plan.

i can pick up a top of the line i7-3540M from ebay for about 70$. and resocket and apply new thermal pase

signdificantly cheaper than swapping the entire logic board. 

im just saying the 2012 mackbook is nothing special in terms of durability and longevity in terms of upgrades. 

and considering the different starting prices of this probook new and the macbook new its really nothing special. im guessing you picked up the macbooked used. 

the lifespan of this device is as long as the device decides it to be. 

im thinking of swapping this device next year if i can be bothered. nothing is stopping me from using it untill infinity

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i can pick up a top of the line i7-3540M from ebay for about 70$. and resocket and apply new thermal pase

im just saying the 2012 mackbook is nothing special in terms of durability and longevity in terms of upgrades. 

and considering the different starting prices of this probook new and the macbook new its really nothing special. im guessing you picked up the macbooked used. 

im thinking of swapping this device next year if i can be bothered. nothing is stopping me from using it untill infinity

Motherboard failing would screw you over a little, however those HP boards are cheap as hell in most cases :D

MacBook Air mobo's .. yea just buy a new one, ain't worth the price.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

Motherboard failing would screw you over a little, however those HP boards are cheap as hell in most cases :D

MacBook Air mobo's .. yea just buy a new one, ain't worth the price.

That is if it fails. No signs nor reason to fail now. 

A new HP laptop is cheap as hell.

48 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

cheaper but your stuck with your motherboard whats the price of swapping the motherboard and cpu out of your computer thats a even deal. because if I put a motherboard and cpu in it that are new I basically reset this computer to new at that point the screens never die on these its always water damage to the motherboard that kills it or someone doing something else careless when it dies its no different than any other pc other than the operating system.  No one can say Mac a bad OS for every day use if you do your lying or have never used it its so simple its stupid and thats the appeal of it to non pc master race users at this point I have lived with ubuntu 8.**, windows xp, windows me, windows vista, windows 8.1, windows 10 and Samsung android tablet OS and now Mac mountain lion(very broken now) while I had the raid 0 in this working and Mac High Sierra  as daily drivers and I have to say other than lockouts on some stupid things like  compatibility or how I get to install my os its not bad its a 6 year old MacBook I use for travel/work because I can't carry my gaming desktop and it has a premium feel to it I can one hand it while I stand and it doesn't flex at all the backlit in the keys is sweet I lived without it for so long with my HP I still love my windows but mobile Mac wins to me its not made for my real games and its not a primary device for me its my used beater laptop that still looks good and does what I need it to do is the thing the windows bros don't understand you can like more than one os.

the windows bros make us look bad as a community I see them as the jersey shore cast and make it hard to get new people involved because we are to pushy and over opinionated on our camps as the best one and screw the other side we see it even in our own camp of the Nvidia vs AMD ,windows VS the world ,intel vs AMD its all kinda stupid and the hate for console gamers is kinda ridiculous also they like games just as much as the rest of us the only group I don't see any real hate from is the Linux crew because they are to busy hacking ubuntu on a PS4 to pay the drama any mind. 

i want a macbook pro 13" of some model to run windows on it. would never buy one new and they are expensive as hell used as well but i do like how they look. I like both the old plastic ones and the up to 2016 aluminum body ones. The apple watch is also pretty nice looking too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016