Why do you buy from apple?

Cupar19
4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

all you really get is build quality.

No, you don't.

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Anyone who isn't an idiot would choose the 911 because it's more fun to drive, looks better, has more features,

The 911 is an ugly piece of shit. It might have more features overall (it doesn't), but that doesn't mean jack if the Civic has every useful feature (it does), and being fun to drive is down to preference. But seeing as the Civic is cheaper, and the aftermarket selection is huge, I can make the Civic a far more fun car to drive.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I had an IPod 4, and I accident dropped onto the toilet. Now it is a piece of junk in my closet. 

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, you don't.

The 911 is an ugly piece of shit. It might have more features overall (it doesn't), but that doesn't mean jack if the Civic has every useful feature (it does), and being fun to drive is down to preference. But seeing as the Civic is cheaper, and the aftermarket selection is huge, I can make the Civic a far more fun car to drive.

build quality is the #1 thing you get with a Mac my 2012 is still nicer than a lot of new laptops in its price range used Macs make the best PCs.

to someone who has endless tinkering time a civic is like a 911 if you dump a hell of alot of money you wont ever get back into it just like a pc its a great analogy the new civic has just as few bolt ons as a new 911 and the old 911 with the same amount in parts will continue to dominate the civic as long as the person turning the wrenches knows how to get more out of it just like a Mac the old Macs are cheaper and better built than the new pcs its aluminum vs plastic just like muscle car people think civics are lawn mowers and euro guys think every one else is Neanderthals. 

Just now, jonrosalia said:

build quality is the #1 thing you get with a Mac

No, it's not. You get a nice feeling piece of cheaply assembled generic 'aircraft grade' aluminum, that offers no better protection of the internals. Those internals are sourced from the same production lines as the competitors, sometimes even sourced directly from the competitors. When you buy a Mac, you're buying Apple doing business with those that offered the lowest prices on standard quality components (at best), just for that premium feeling.

You don't get build quality. If you did, the MacBooks would be twice as thick at the very minimum, using fiberglass reinforced plastics, rubbers, and interal shock dampeners (likely rubber or silicone). Instead, you get a premium feel.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, it's not. You get a nice feeling piece of cheaply assembled generic 'aircraft grade' aluminum, that offers no better protection of the internals. Those internals are sourced from the same production lines as the competitors, sometimes even sourced directly from the competitors. When you buy a Mac, you're buying Apple doing business with those that offered the lowest prices on standard quality components (at best), just for that premium feeling.

You don't get build quality. If you did, the MacBooks would be twice as thick at the very minimum, using fiberglass reinforced plastics, rubbers, and interal shock dampeners (likely rubber or silicone). Instead, you get a premium feel.

spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about and thats the problem with apple derangement syndrome you hate apples whole line up to without proof or a clue about it I bet you haven't even used a Mac for more than 5 minutes if you did you wouldn't be making blanket statements. 

my MacBook has 16 GB of DDR3 1600 and dual 480gb ssds in it and only cost me $700 all in with 2 chargers and the parts to upgrade it from a 500Gb HDD and 4 GB of ram and a new keyboard and back lite to make it feel brand new.  it comes apart with 4 screw drivers easier than most pcs and a battery swap takes 5 minutes and is held in with 3 screws. 

get off the band wagon and use what works best for the best price I can run any OS easy you can't.

I bet you haven't even used a Mac for more than 5 minutes if you did you wouldn't be making blanket statements. 

I've been using a 2017 MacBook Pro for about a year.

Those aren't blanket statements either. They're rather precise.

1 minute ago, jonrosalia said:

my MacBook has 16 GB of DDR3 1600 and dual 480gb ssds in it and only cost me $700 all in with 2 chargers and the parts to upgrade it from a 500Gb HDD and 4 GB of ram and a new keyboard and back lite to make it fell brand new.  it comes apart with 4 screw drivers easier than most pcs and a battery swap takes 5 minutes and is held in with 3 screws. 

Congrats. That isn't build quality so I don't give a fuck, but congrats.

get off the band wagon and use what works best for the best price

You just told me to, literally, use Ubuntu or Windows 7 home starter.

OSX does not work best for the best price. Far from it.

3 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

I can run any OS easy you can't.

I can run Darwin, any x86 Linux distrobution, and Windows without modded firmware. I can run OSX on any of my custom machines with less effort than it'd take for you to run Linux or any non OSX Unix fork.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I don't buy Apple products because I don't have any money. I'll stick with my $50 brand new phones and used laptops, tyvm.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I've been using a 2017 MacBook Pro for about a year.

Those aren't blanket statements either. They're rather precise.

Congrats. That isn't build quality so I don't give a fuck, but congrats.

You just told me to, literally, use Ubuntu or Windows 7 home starter.

OSX does not work best for the best price. Far from it.

I can run Darwin, any x86 Linux distrobution, and Windows without modded firmware. I can run OSX on any of my custom machines with less effort than it'd take for you to run Linux or any non OSX Unix fork.

so you own a crappy new MacBook so they never could have made a good computer lol blanket statements man get you a 2012 or a  G5 5,5 dual xeon and try to tell me their isn't build quality.

im also glad you can name operating systems that work on a Mac which makes running other operating systems easy because of its initial setup and stability of parts chosen its not my fault you got tricked into the thin and light MacBook I did my research and bought one of the best ones the next ones a 2012 15" retina with the i7 another fantastic MacBook that will keep up with most modern ones what you want gaming lol get a desktop and stop wasting time Mac and apple used to be for professionals who needed to work and it get thrown around why do you think so many black and white MacBooks are still working its from 2009 and they are still as powerful as the surface go.

I use an iPhone because of the security, continued updates, and technology refinement aspect. I use MacBooks from 2015 or before only 

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

34 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

build quality is the #1 thing you get with a Mac my 2012 is still nicer than a lot of new laptops in its price range used Macs make the best PCs.

to someone who has endless tinkering time a civic is like a 911 if you dump a hell of alot of money you wont ever get back into it just like a pc its a great analogy the new civic has just as few bolt ons as a new 911 and the old 911 with the same amount in parts will continue to dominate the civic as long as the person turning the wrenches knows how to get more out of it just like a Mac the old Macs are cheaper and better built than the new pcs its aluminum vs plastic just like muscle car people think civics are lawn mowers and euro guys think every one else is Neanderthals. 

A Porsche 911 is like a macbook, you have it for the status if you don't need it as a performance machine, and like a 911 you can't tinker with it yourself.

I'd rather have the much more reliable Honda that isn't an overpriced fashion symbol, which I can also tinker on, repair and upgrade myself.

15 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about and thats the problem with apple derangement syndrome you hate apples whole line up to without proof or a clue about it I bet you haven't even used a Mac for more than 5 minutes if you did you wouldn't be making blanket statements. 

my MacBook has 16 GB of DDR3 1600 and dual 480gb ssds in it and only cost me $700 all in with 2 chargers and the parts to upgrade it from a 500Gb HDD and 4 GB of ram and a new keyboard and back lite to make it feel brand new.  it comes apart with 4 screw drivers easier than most pcs and a battery swap takes 5 minutes and is held in with 3 screws. 

get off the band wagon and use what works best for the best price I can run any OS easy you can't.

Well you're just accusing someone of hating on Apple, when Drak3 gave about every reason why Apple really isn't that premium anymore aside from how it is perceived to be premium because of the nice looking aluminum and OS.  The build quality isn't what it used to be like how it was with the older Macbook models. Apple doesn't really care about the enthusiast customer anymore, you can't take a screwdriver to your macbook without voiding the warranty,and once you open a current Macbook there isn't anything to upgrade either.

Page 2 and no name calling.

I'm impressed.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

A Porsche 911 is like a macbook, you have it for the status if you don't need it as a performance machine, and like a 911 you can't tinker with it yourself.

I'd rather have the much more reliable Honda that isn't an overpriced fashion symbol, which I can also tinker on, repair and upgrade myself.

just because you can't work on a 911 doesn't mean I can't just like a MacBook the level of the person working on it is one of the choices here just like a car if you can read a manual and get the parts you can fix any car or MacBook look at rossmann go he built a business on working on apple products.i am one of them tinkerers literally I have a optiplex im trying to mod a 1080ti mini into with a aftermarket sfx PSU it will work with enough tinkering its time and skills that make it work.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well you're just accusing someone of hating on Apple, when Drak3 gave about every reason why Apple really isn't that premium anymore aside from how it is perceived to be premium because of the nice looking aluminum and OS.  The build quality isn't what it used to be with the older Macbook models. Apple doesn't really care about the enthusiast customer anymore, you can't take a screwdriver to your macbook without voiding the warranty,and once you open a current Macbook there isn't anything to upgrade either.

but this dosen't take away from their achievements that they added to. today with the A12 bionic chip why they wont need intel in 2 years. also what new ultra thin and light computer isn't a cooling disaster and can you open and upgrade anything anymore? how man of them give you 4 thunderbolt ports? I agree they are way to much money and they use poor choices in hardware in some cases like the i9 and the soldering on of everything in the new one but its the Starbucks thin and light computer jerk offs who care about bezel size and how many oz they can shave off.

5 hours ago, Cupar19 said:

Now before i begin i do not mean this in a negative sense and this is not anti apple i just want your opinions

personally i don't buy apple product as i perceive the to be overpriced for what i am getting however i know many people who swear by apple, but can never really explain why

so why do you guys purchase or think people purchase from apple, what are the benefits over a windows machine

again please don't just post something like apple suck, i just want your opinions on why you do or don't buy from apple

I dont buy because they sell their Foxconn slave labour made in China electronics as if they were some premium quality thing.

if people wonder the optiplex is my civic its how I see it a crap box I stick parts on and make it turn tricks.

o you own a crappy new MacBook so they never could have made a good computer

Their new machines aren't any worse than their old ones.

stability of parts chosen

The hardware Apple chooses is only as stable as it is under OSX. Nearly all workstation machines offered by companies like System 76, Dell, HP, etc. are as stable.

4 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

m also glad you can name operating systems that work on a Mac which makes running other operating systems easy because of its initial setup

You realize that the stock EFI can only support OSX and Windows, right? Even then, Windows is only supported when running Bootcamp. To run Linux or any other Unix distrobution (even Darwin, which is the base of OSX), requires either running a hypervisor or modifying the EFI.

6 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

I did my research and bought one of the best ones the next ones a 2012 15" retina with the i7 another fantastic MacBook that will keep up with most modern ones

Also, the i7-3615QM is a good 30% slower or so than the 7700HQ, the 650M SLI config available then is maginally better than the Radeon Pro 555. You're also limited to 1600MHz DDR3, which isn't doing you any favors in RAM heavy tasks compared to DDR4-2133.

It's also only rated for 7 hours, which I can get whilst doing some moderate gaming on my MacBook Pro.

16 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

apple used to be for professionals who needed to work and it get thrown around why do you think so many black and white MacBooks are still working its from 2009

Apple products have NEVER been meant for those rough on their products. Only reasons there are so many old MacBooks on the markets are:

1. Apple only offers a small handful of laptops and are the only ones selling OSX
    1. OSX makes up somewhere between 15 and 20% of hardware marketshare.
  2. MacBooks have largely been used in situations that aren't hazardous to the laptop

And the only reason they hold their value is the misconception that they're somehow higher quality, when they aren't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Cupar19 said:

Now before i begin i do not mean this in a negative sense and this is not anti apple i just want your opinions

personally i don't buy apple product as i perceive the to be overpriced for what i am getting however i know many people who swear by apple, but can never really explain why

so why do you guys purchase or think people purchase from apple, what are the benefits over a windows machine

again please don't just post something like apple suck, i just want your opinions on why you do or don't buy from apple

The reason many people buy from apple is because, while their products may be overpriced, and very bad (in terms of gaming, and performance), they last a looong time, they are built to last with quality parts. Again, I no longer use apple products personally, but in my experience with owning a Macbook from 2012, it still works today!

Just now, bobbyd52 said:

they are built to last with quality parts

No, they're not. Average quality parts.

1 minute ago, bobbyd52 said:

in my experience with owning a Macbook from 2012, it still works today!

I've got laptops from the Windows XP and early Windows Vista eras that still work today.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Their new machines aren't any worse than their old ones.

cool then stop complaining you have a great pc then and apple is fantastic im on my Mac right now and its running at 43c and I have music and everything I need running its terrible is what it is so unbearably quiet and cool.

The hardware Apple chooses is only as stable as it is under OSX. Nearly all workstation machines offered by companies like System 76, Dell, HP, etc. are as stable.

You realize that the stock EFI can only support OSX and Windows, right? Even then, Windows is only supported when running Bootcamp. To run Linux or any other Unix distrobution (even Darwin, which is the base of OSX), requires either running a hypervisor or modifying the EFI.

virtual box likes to disagree with this statement and raise you anything you can get the code for on the internet.

Also, the i7-3615QM is a good 30% slower or so than the 7700HQ, the 650M SLI config available then is maginally better than the Radeon Pro 555. You're also limited to 1600MHz DDR3, which isn't doing you any favors in RAM heavy tasks compared to DDR4-2133.

the difference between 1600 and 2133 has been tested to death and outside of real science applications its negligible and 30% of a 4 core 8 thread cpu as a difference while compensating for thermals I might make that realy close with the old thick body mac and the lower spec GPU when the thermal throttling starts the Geekbench is something I would bet on its close enough.

It's also only rated for 7 hours, which I can get whilst doing some moderate gaming on my MacBook Pro.

Apple products have NEVER been meant for those rough on their products. Only reasons there are so many old MacBooks on the markets are:

1. Apple only offers a small handful of laptops and are the only ones selling OSX
    1. OSX makes up somewhere between 15 and 20% of hardware marketshare.
  2. MacBooks have largely been used in situations that aren't hazardous to the laptop

And the only reason they hold their value is the misconception that they're somehow higher quality, when they aren't.

my battery with 500 cycles on it get me 5-6 hours with a ivy bridge i5 in this MacBook with the brightness up.

the old Macs are better quality you haven't said anything about your vast experience as a vintage Mac tester so I can't take your word on it but my research has shown the fails and triumphs that have pushed the industry as a whole even when apple fails people learn things and other products improve.

Dispite peer pressure, I don't buy from apple. All my experiences with the devices have been negative - as in I don't like them that is. And I see there devices as overpriced

I like answering my iPhone on my Mac or replying to texts without having to have my phone next to me my face time rings at both or whatever is on an my I phone backs up when I plug it in I don't have to ask it charges and backs up done.

1 minute ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

Dispite peer pressure, I don't buy from apple. All my experiences with the devices have been negative - as in I don't like them that is. And I see there devices as overpriced

what if it was the same price as everything else and had the same product im tired of the its to much excuse used is cheap.

you will find the technology (wireless/fast charge, led, back button, bumps, nfc etc)used in apple products is always few years behind, while paying much premium, (by the way, I dont see any improvements worth talking about on its product line)

imo Apple is only for people who do not know how to control phone, dont know/ care anything about customize,  and let it setup every basic functions for you.

8 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

cool then stop complaining you have a great pc then and apple is fantastic im on my Mac right now and its running at 43c and I have music and everything I need running its terrible is what it is so unbearably quiet and cool.

It's not a great PC. It's a sub par PC with a ridiculous price.

9 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

virtual box likes to disagree with this statement

VirtualBox is a hypervisor, a shitty hypervisor. It doesn't contradict with anything I've said.

10 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

you can get the code for on the internet.

No, you can't. And while one can get a modded EFI, it's substancially less stable than just putting Linux on a Dell XPS 15.

11 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

the difference between 1600 and 2133 has been tested to death and outside of real science applications its negligible

The difference between 1600 and 2133 is pretty big when doing anything with AVX (H.264 and HEVC encoding, which is something commonly done with Final Cut, which is exclusive to OSX), and there are improvements in frame times with gaming.

13 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

30% of a 4 core 8 thread cpu as a difference while compensating for thermals I might make that realy close with the old thick body mac and the lower spec GPU when the thermal throttling starts the Geekbench is something I would bet on its close enough.

You won't. That 30% is base clock vs base clock, best processor available to your MacBook generation vs the worst available to mine. You're not going to be hitting your turbo clock any more than I am. That 30% is real world performance.

16 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

my battery with 500 cycles on it get me 5-6 hours with a ivy bridge i5 in this MacBook with the brightness up.

So, I've been comparing to the BEST 2012 MBP, when you're using a piece of crap running a 3210M.

In that case, my MBP is 37% faster at single core, 175% faster at multicore.

Hell, my then $800 Acer Laptop outpaces your then $1200 MBP, as it runs a 3230M.

24 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

you haven't said anything about your vast experience as a vintage Mac tester

Yeah I have better things to do than force myself to use outdated pieces of shit. Doesn't mean I don't have experience with the design.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.