Why do you buy from apple?

Cupar19
17 hours ago, voiha said:

Because Apple products are social status at this point rather than best bang for the buck type of hardware. (of course there is delusional people that want apple product just to feel "special")

It's like cars you can have 10 000$ car that can move you from A to B, you can have a 300 000$ car that can move you from A to B but with style.

I don't even see them as a social status. I see their products from all walks of life and income brackets.

Now on your car analogy. I was driving a nice Ford Edge Sport 2017. It has all the bells and whistles and I was genuinely happy the car. Then I made the wonderful decision to go look at BMW's a few months back. They were doing some incentive event here at the local dealer so I ended up getting a very nice 2018 X5. Now it it almost literally just a much nicer version of the edge. I mean don't get me wrong it has a much nicer interior and higher quality leather, but the different between the two vehicles even AFTER i talked them down another 4500 bucks... was still a little over 20k.

So from my perspective I didn't really gain any "style" but I am very satisfied with the car. So the Iphone is similar in that you will pay a premium for their products, the difference is there aren't actually better than what they are competing against. They add the cost, but there isn't any gain from it. At least with a car I do actually get something else out of it for the money.

34 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

cheaper but your stuck with your motherboard whats the price of swapping the motherboard and cpu out of your computer thats a even deal. because if I put a motherboard and cpu in it that are new I basically reset this computer to new at that point the screens never die on these its always water damage to the motherboard that kills it or someone doing something else careless when it dies its no different than any other pc other than the operating system.  No one can say Mac a bad OS for every day use if you do your lying or have never used it its so simple its stupid and thats the appeal of it to non pc master race users at this point I have lived with ubuntu 8.**, windows xp, windows me, windows vista, windows 8.1, windows 10 and Samsung android tablet OS and now Mac mountain lion(very broken now) while I had the raid 0 in this working and Mac High Sierra  as daily drivers and I have to say other than lockouts on some stupid things like  compatibility or how I get to install my os its not bad its a 6 year old MacBook I use for travel/work because I can't carry my gaming desktop and it has a premium feel to it I can one hand it while I stand and it doesn't flex at all the backlit in the keys is sweet I lived without it for so long with my HP I still love my windows but mobile Mac wins to me its not made for my real games and its not a primary device for me its my used beater laptop that still looks good and does what I need it to do is the thing the windows bros don't understand you can like more than one os.

Swapping motherboard and CPU to top of the line is about 100$ (note its the best i can get). Im far from stuck with my motherboard. It is just the fact of swapping the CPU only is a heck of a lot easier.

Yes. Putting a new PC into the chassis by changing both mobo and CPU makes it a new PC. Nothing special, that is the case with every single PC ever. 

Yes, water kills pc components. Nothing new.

Noone is saying macOS is badm its just a bit locked down that even yourself admits. More people would use macOS if you could get a copy legally.

The hp 6470b also doesnt flex and it feels pretty damn solid....... Again nothing special

Yes backlit keys would be nice on my hp, you got me there. though i guess thats what i get for paying 550$ for a new device

My laptop is far from a gaming machine, but it did survive being one.

We also like other OSes. And when was this about OSes? Clearly linux is at a base level better than both windows and mac.

22 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

the windows bros make us look bad as a community I see them as the jersey shore cast and make it hard to get new people involved because we are to pushy and over opinionated on our camps as the best one and screw the other side we see it even in our own camp of the Nvidia vs AMD ,windows VS the world ,intel vs AMD its all kinda stupid and the hate for console gamers is kinda ridiculous also they like games just as much as the rest of us the only group I don't see any real hate from is the Linux crew because they are to busy hacking ubuntu on a PS4 to pay the drama any mind. 

You have a really wierd and stereotypic view of who people are...... Like to the point it being hypocritical

I primarily buy Apple because the products are no-nonsense. iOS and macOS are well designed and work very well for me.

In fact, I just bought an iPad Pro 10.5 to replace my Air 2, so y'all can saq madiq lmao.

Also note my sig, I do own a beastly R7 2700X system as well, so I'm not really a fanboy, I pick brands and software that works for me.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Locked.

This is a fine example of why we don't allow this types of topics, as soon as someone disagrees, insults start flying.

I'm going to ask everyone to read the Community Standards, the next insult match will result in warnings to everyone involved without notifications.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !