Why do you buy from apple?

Cupar19

Now before i begin i do not mean this in a negative sense and this is not anti apple i just want your opinions

personally i don't buy apple product as i perceive the to be overpriced for what i am getting however i know many people who swear by apple, but can never really explain why

so why do you guys purchase or think people purchase from apple, what are the benefits over a windows machine

again please don't just post something like apple suck, i just want your opinions on why you do or don't buy from apple

I don't buy from Apple because I don't have the money, nor a need for them. If I was rich, I'd probably own a few Apple products just to mess around with them. Otherwise, my Thinkpad and Android phone do everything I need them to do at a fraction of the cost.

I use an iPhone because I genuinely like iOS, I use windows pc's everywhere else.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, EPENEX said:

I don't buy from Apple because I don't have the money, nor a need for them. If I was rich, I'd probably own a few Apple products just to mess around with them. Otherwise, my Thinkpad and Android phone do everything I need them to do at a fraction of the cost.

that was more or less what i was thinking, especially since i have never really found a task that i couldn't do on windows for less but correct me if i'm wrong as well as personally i find macos more confusing than windows but that might just be me. however even though i don't use an iphone i can see the appeal of them as they are generally simpler to use

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Simplicity and versatility, which is why I bought my mum an iPad 9.7" last year for her birthday instead of cheap laptop.

that is something i agree with, whilst i don't use ios it is definitely very simple and intuitive but i can't say i feel the same about macos and would like anyone who uses it to explain what they like about it

Because Apple products are social status at this point rather than best bang for the buck type of hardware. (of course there is delusional people that want apple product just to feel "special")

It's like cars you can have 10 000$ car that can move you from A to B, you can have a 300 000$ car that can move you from A to B but with style.

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I use an iPhone because I genuinely like iOS, I use windows pc's everywhere else.

What's better about it?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Because they're tasty and healthy, an apple a day keeps the doctors away.

On a serious note, i only see one reason atm regarding to mac specifically. There's a lot of companies out there that requires an expertise in using a mac as a job requirements before event consider hiring a worker. And it's easier to get familiar to mac os by buying mac rather than trying to build a hackintosh.

Just now, Tibon said:

Because they're tasty and healthy, an apple a day keeps the doctors away.

On a serious note, i only see one reason atm regarding to mac specifically. There's a lot of companies out there that requires an expertise in using a mac as a job requirements before event consider hiring a worker. And it's easier to get familiar to mac os by buying mac rather than trying to build a hackintosh.

but why, why do they require you to be an expert on a mac, what is better about it?

10 minutes ago, voiha said:

It's like cars you can have 10 000$ car that can move you from A to B, you can have a 300 000$ car that can move you from A to B but with style.

Bad comparison. With a $300,000 car, you get more of everything; more horsepower, more torque, more features, more airbags and other safety features, etc.

With an Apple product, all you really get is build quality.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

18 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

What's better about it?

It's quick, has a design that looks great,  and most people I know, being from work, school or just friends, all use a phone running iOS as well, making projects and other attachments easy to share.

I do like android as well, but iOS is best in the environment I live in.

For some context, I do a lot of graphic design work and am studying commerce (so lots of group projects)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

but why, why do they require you to be an expert on a mac, what is better about it?

Well, it's based on unix, so that's a plus for a developer, since everything you need to develop is there already and it will behave exactly like it did since most web host server is running unix.

Also, cmiiw , there's more app for graphics design in mac than it is on windows.

Also, the ecosystem in mac is tightly controlled, so usually less conflicts, less malware ect.

Also, their retina display is quite good for photographer/graphic designer.

Damn that's quite alot of also hahaha.

Still a lesser os than Linux tho, since linux is free and I'm broke lol.

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Bad comparison. With a $300,000 car, you get more of everything; more horsepower, more torque, more features, more airbags and other safety features, etc.

With an Apple product, all you really get is build quality.

How it's a bad comparison as the only reason people buy 150 000$+ cars is solely because of social status and likings ? Of course that a thousand dollars iPhone is better than 300$ Huawei. The thousand one will have more proccesing power better screen etc...

Just now, voiha said:

How it's a bad comparison as the only reason people buy 150 000$+ cars is solely because of social status and likings ?

If you had $150,000 to spend on a car, would you choose a base model Civic, or a 911 GT3?

Anyone who isn't an idiot would choose the 911 because it's more fun to drive, looks better, has more features, and is a better car in literally every respect (except for MPG ;)).

The issue with Apple is that when you spend over a thousand bucks on a phone, you want it to be full of features, right? Apple thinks that you should get less features for that money, which is stupid.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I actually have always been pro Apple. I recently felt like I needed a change so I upgraded from my IPhone X to the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I have to say I will never go back to apple. I love the experience with Samsung and I don't buy from apple anymore because support was a pain, price wasn't all that much of an issue, the general way apple carries them self. Apple has always acted above everyone and I don't agree with it and the way they carry the company was just to I guess arrogant for me. Not trying to bash or belittle them I am just putting my opinion in here.

I bought Apple music players because there simply wasn't anything else that compared. They have the best UI in the game, and as much as I hate iTunes, it did a good job. With the explosion of PMP's over the last few years, there are more options, and my iPod Nano is only used as my to-and-from-work device.

I've never, and will never purchase anything else Apple. Just doesn't appeal to me. I don't like the companies practices. I don't like the OS.

I do, however, understand why people buy it. It's very simple, easy to use, and it's popular.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

For me no other tablet compares to the iPad Pro 10.5 for features and raw power. Also around 2004 I really wanted an mp3 players and everyone was saying omg Apple overpriced go iRiver blah blah blah. Doing my research at the time they were all literally the same price so I decided to go with the Apple iPod. Then the iPod touch around 2007 was the greatest because I could run with it without worrying about the hard drive messing up due to the shock, and I could play really fun games (I have to many hours in the fishing games and my SNES emulators). There wasn't even anything else in that market to compare with the iPod touch at that time.

But as far is laptops and desktops go I will never buy a new Mac. Those prices for that tech is ridiculous.

I don't like Apple. I don't like Google either.

That said, Apple does something that others can't do. Microsoft is the closest to try and do (Surface), and that is the overall experience.

While Apple does many (more so recently) silly gimmicky features, and decisions to promote their wallets (dongles), ignoring those, when you have an iPhone, iPod, Apple computers, you know that:

• No matter the model and specs you get, you'll get a great to excellent experience. Things will be fairly fast to fast, you'll have that gorgeous display, you have this gorgeous looking device/system. If you want to put a computer in your living room, and often have guess. Will you put that RGB disco-rave gaming PC? Or that beige box? Or that shitty looking OEM computer? Unless you have no choice, you'll probably would want to put an iMac with a  wireless keyboard and mouse for a clean, modern look, and is usually wife approved.

• You get great support. You don't know how to do something, go to the Apple store, or simply pick up the phone and call Apple, even if you got your iPhone from AT&T, you call Apple, and they'll take care of you. Got a Motorola phone, Samsung?.. well they'll probably tell you to call your carrier for any issues you have, especially in US and Canada.

• Attention to details. Details is what makes a great experience. Android, while MUCH MUCH better today than several years before, and same for Microsoft, you know that things will be right. Example: Open the Task Manager, go to Performance tab, and under CPU. Now, look at the top left corner of the graph area, pay attention to it, and now switch to GPU section, and back to CPU, switch from CPU overview graph to logical core graph. Notice how the graph moves a few pixels up/down/left and right. No one looked at that, and went "Hey guys, stuff don't align properly, can you ensure that the position is right.. can you copy and paste the values of position and not just put what looks similar.. k thanks!". When you pile up attention to details, it really gives a huge impact to the user. And something Linux based OS never understood, and that is, if your OS is not welcoming, users will not come and use it. The user should be welcomed with a nice, simple, experience, and not one that makes people go away. This is one of the big reasons why Windows 7 was so popular. It was Microsoft most consistent OS GUI ever made since Windows 95, until they screwed it all with Windows 8, and Windows 10 being patch work, and now trying to fix that with Fluent Design, where at each versions of Windows 10, the interface is getting more and more polished, and more and more consistent. They are books on GUI design, and the importance of attention to details. Of course, you have to get your priority correct. Apple has the back-end all done and supported for them. Microsoft is all "in-house", Microsoft is a huge target by attackers due to market share and potential value behind it (companies running Windows, potential of getting valuable data, or money (think ransomware), Apple doesn't. So do you have to fix a critical security issue or make sure that the Task Manager has its graph aligned. I think it is obvious the choice to take.

My first Apple product was a second hand Macbook in 2013 (a 2010 model), I was looking for a new laptop with decent battery life and someone happened to suggest a Macbook. I still have it and use it when I need a laptop but not a whole lot of power on the go. It works like a charm, I have taken it apart, kept it clean, changed the paste etc. Battery still holds IIRC around 80% of the original charge. The trackpad is superb. I have been really happy with it.

I enjoy macOS, most recently it automatically picked up the new Samba server from my local network (in contrast to Windows that requires you set it up manually, with a process so simple they have had to add examples of the address formats they are expecting). Add in the trackpad and keyboard layout (namely command instead of CTRL for basic shortcuts) - it's so fluent and a joy to use.

In 2016 I bought an Mac Pro 1,1. It has been a fun project: I have upgraded the CPUs, RAM, GPU and storage (SSD). It's showing it's age and I don't currently have a regular use(able spot) for it, but it looks so good I can easily justify the space it takes. I bought it to get a more powerful/desktop macOS system.

The same year (2016) I bought a second hand iPhone 5 to use as an MP3-player at work, I don't recall the original reasoning for this, probably simple curiosity. I was impressed enough to purchase an iPhone 6S as my primary phone a year later, and I'm pretty confident it just ended the "new phone once a year" -cycle for me. It's gorgeous and stable.

At the same time I have kept upgrading my PC, been getting new Xboxes and just recently I upgraded to a ThinkPad instead of Macbook because I feel like the numerous issues Macbooks had around 2012 aren't reflected enough in the current prices (I'll probably be looking back to getting a better maintainable Macbook in a few years, once the prices calm down). I'm now in love with this thing (ThinkPad) too (who knew a laptop could have four RAM slots? That's delightfully nuts), and that's the essence of why I buy ____. I like this stuff, and different stuff is more fun than just the same old same old.

I don't feel the need to hate a company for all the not-fun products no one's forcing me to buy, instead I appreciate all the great products I can enjoy thanks to them, and "why won't they do what I want/I don't understand why they do this" applies to 95% of the world around me, so I try my best to not get too worked up about that either (with admittedly varying success).

4 hours ago, Cupar19 said:

Now before i begin i do not mean this in a negative sense and this is not anti apple i just want your opinions

personally i don't buy apple product as i perceive the to be overpriced for what i am getting however i know many people who swear by apple, but can never really explain why

so why do you guys purchase or think people purchase from apple, what are the benefits over a windows machine

again please don't just post something like apple suck, i just want your opinions on why you do or don't buy from apple

first rule is never buy new from them let some other sucker pay the devaluation and pick it up from them thats how you buy a apple product like a Mac if you have to buy one new buy base model if its used buy top spec and haggle over it. 

Mac OS isn't hard to use its just you have to learn a few things and dumb your windows knowledge down a bit because its going to get in your way when you try to do some things and for normal Starbucks level users this is a great idea and a useful tool to keep them from bricking the poor thing.

they choose expensive hardware because its hard to duplicate it to put it on a hackintosh a Mac you build and copy a Mac OS on to. ironically you need a Mac to make the install usb.

used Macs are better than some new computers its a fact and you can't deny it after you own a MacBook Pro like my 2012 MacBook Pro 13" the track pads are far superior and the old keyboard like I have is like the nice dell premium ones for key feel so smooth with just a bit of bump to know you pressed it.I rebuilt it for $700 I have a i5 3210m 16Gb of 1600 ddr3 ram and dual 480Gb ssds not to mention I bought 2 chargers with it for that price I will sit back and wait for you to find a better deal on something at very least you can boot windows on and it stop being a Mac.

another great feature of Mac OS is the way your iPhone is forwarded to the laptop and I can answer the phone or reply to texts without my phone being in the room if I'm looking at something on my phone it gives me the option to pick it up on my Mac.

their are reason and sound engineers say that it makes a difference in stability and video editors like final cut pro  and I have seen its a very nice world to live in the OS doesn't need raw power and the new Macs are gimmicks to try to draw PC users into the apple ecosystem even though they think a MacBook Pro with a AMD 4GB card is going to get us to stop making fun of their specs (nothing doing its fun).

It's honestly pretty funny when I say that I don't actually own a lot in the way of Apple products. I have an iPod Shuffle and a 6th generation iPod touch, and that's really it for me involving Apple products.

But, unlike most other things, where you kinda do have to pay attention to what you're buying, even if you buy a basic bitch MacBook, you're going to get a pretty damn pleasant experience, where buying some laptop in that range, you do have to pay a little more attention to what you're throwing money away on.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

You get great support. You don't know how to do something, go to the Apple store, or simply pick up the phone and call Apple, even if you got your iPhone from AT&T, you call Apple, and they'll take care of you. Got a Motorola phone, Samsung?.. well they'll probably tell you to call your carrier for any issues you have, especially in US and Canada.

This I can personally vouch for; my mom's 7 Plus had issues mainly involving the detection of a SIM Card, and she was able to take it in to an Apple Store to at least try to fix it, and all she had to do was schedule an appointment for it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I never had, never have, and never will have. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I know all of my software and other hardware will be compatible when I buy a new product, because of the ecosystem. 

All the laptops and tablets, and phones, even watches all sync together in a way that surpasses Android and Windows. 

Not to mention they last a long time.