i7-9700K overclocked to 5.5Ghz on all cores spotted on Chinese website. Scores 1827 in Cinebench.

21 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It will most likely be a hyperthreaded 6 core.

No, the only CPUs featuring hyper-threading will be the i9 and the i3, i5's will remain 6c/6t, the i7 as we see will be a 8c/8t, the i3 9350K will be an i7 7700K rebrand so 4c/8t and finally the almighty 8c/16t i9 9900K

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Seems weird they are gonna be doing i7 without hyperthreading, but keeping with the naming convention of previous K chips that were hyperthreaded... way to make things complicated again intel :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

No, the only CPUs featuring hyper-threading will be the i9 and the i3, i5's will remain 6c/6t, the i7 as we see will be a 8c/8t, the i3 9350K will be an i7 7700K rebrand so 4c/8t and finally the almighty 8c/16t i9 9900K

Right, I forgot.

It's still ridiculous that the i7 doesn't get ht and they added a whole brand only for that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Right, I forgot.

It's still ridiculous that the i7 doesn't get ht and they added a whole brand only for that.

And now also have i9 on both mainstream and HEDT. Intel really are the kings of confusion with all the bullshit marketing they pull.

Not really that promising considering the alleged 400-450 Euro (EU) price tag that has been leaked and thrown around from some admittedly unreliable sources, though not any more unreliable than this source. Even at 5.5GHZ, it's only at the same level of performance as the 2700x.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

And now also have i9 on both mainstream and HEDT. Intel really are the kings of confusion with all the bullshit marketing they pull.

It's funny how the i9 brand was born to differentiate HEDT from mainstream (before they were all called i7) and now they completely nullified that...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

HAH

no it won't, the i7 doesn't even have hyperthreading. It will most likely be a hyperthreaded 6 core.

Yeah it's going to be a 6 core without hyper threading. If they have it 6 cores with hyper threading then nobody would buy the i7. 

44 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's funny how the i9 brand was born to differentiate HEDT from mainstream (before they were all called i7) and now they completely nullified that...

It's done to justify the price increase to the common consumer. The brand new i9-9900k 8 core 16 thread sells better than the i7-9700k 8 core 16 thread.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

4 minutes ago, MMKing said:

It's done to justify the price increase to the common consumer. The brand new i9-9900k 8 core 16 thread sells better than the i7-9700k 8 core 16 thread.

Maybe, but it's still stupid. Going by that logic next year we should have a core i11.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thats kind of a very dissapointing score, when r7 1700 (a 200$ cpu) gets 1624 cb score at 3.8ghz 1.35v. On stock cooler.

That 1.5v with watercooler part especially was disappointing, makes you think what the stock score is on that.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Has anyone noticed the +, in i5+, i7+ and i9+?

It seems that not only will the CPU's be optane compatible, but you will get a small Optane drive to go with it...

I wish there was a file system that could pass all 4k blocks to an optane drive and larger blocks to anotherm let's say Samsung 970 Evo drive, directly from CPU.

Fastest 4k reads/writes and highest transfer rates.

Intel would certainly not let that kind of technology exist would they? Anyone knows if PrimoCache can do such a thing?

No signature found

8 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Has anyone noticed the +, in i5+, i7+ and i9+?

It seems that not only will the CPU's be optane compatible, but you will get a small Optane drive to go with it...

I wish there was a file system that could pass all 4k blocks to an optane drive and larger blocks to anotherm let's say Samsung 970 Evo drive, directly from CPU.

Fastest 4k reads/writes and highest transfer rates.

Intel would certainly not let that kind of technology exist would they? Anyone knows if PrimoCache can do such a thing?

Are you meaning queue depth?

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Maybe, but it's still stupid. Going by that logic next year we should have a core i11.

They will probably call it the Core X or something but pronounce it core 10 instead of saying x even though it's spelled with an x and not a 10 because apple/micro$oft/$am$ung did it first. not opinion but rather an assumption btw.

derp

4 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Thats kind of a very dissapointing score, when r7 1700 (a 200$ cpu) gets 1624 cb score at 3.8ghz 1.35v. On stock cooler.

That 1.5v with watercooler part especially was disappointing, makes you think what the stock score is on that.

R7 1700 - 16 threads

i7 9700K - 8 threads

I'm interested to see what the power consumption is for this setup, Coffee Lake was being beaten by Ryzen+ in efficiency and with the i7 8700K drawing 120+W at stock a full 16T CPU may be too much for many boards.

There is a correction the needs to be made here, before everyone gets misinformed.

About this Core + like the Core i5+, i7+ and i9+

The plus sign just means the cpus comes bundle with a Intel Optane drive. All Intel 200 and 300 series CPUs will support Intel Optane, even if the CPU you got does not have that plus sign. There is no such thing as Intel Core i7 8700K+ that supports Intel Optane and a Intel Core i7 8700K that does not support Intel Optane. Both cpus will support it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I get why Intel bundles an Optane drive with it, they want you to enjoy the most responsive system (or they don't want you to say your HDD-based computer is slow because of Intel). But most of us are likely to get a bigger NVME drive with such a system.

Now what to do with those drives you get with it?

- New keychain?

- Sell it on craigslist?

- Use it to cache your game drive?

- Boot Windows from it only?

I've already seen troublesome advertising with optane, consumers are getting baited with more RAM:

dell1.png

That's just what was needed. More confusion for consumers.

No signature found

So Intel is following amd Radeon footprint? by rebranding CPU and have the first i7 does not support hyperthreading? LOL

Hyperthreading is available in the i9+.

The single core performance is what interests me the most of this CPU. 250CB is the highest i've seen from a consumer chip, am I right?

No signature found

On 27.08.2018 at 4:43 PM, Princess Cadence said:

That single core score though

On 27.08.2018 at 5:09 PM, bcredeur97 said:

250 single core

On 28.08.2018 at 6:06 PM, RobbinM said:

The single core performance is what interests me the most of this CPU. 250CB is the highest i've seen from a consumer chip, am I right?

A quick look at our own LTT Cinebench table makes me think that Single Thread performance is about the same or maybe slightly higher than 8700k/7700k/7900X.

250 is high but remember that the CPU was running at 5.5 GHz. If you compare it to the top results from LTT's Cinebench you will see that it's quite similar.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

On 27/08/2018 at 3:17 PM, RobbinM said:

The not yet offically announced CPU reached a score of 1827 in Cinebench.

This was possible with watercooling and a core voltage of 1.536, which makes it only suitable for benchmark tries, not for daily driving..

An Asrock Profesional Gaming Z370 board was used to achieve the all-core overclock.

2002174729.jpeg

2002174731.jpeg

Source: https://tweakers.net/nieuws/142569/chinese-website-toont-core-i7-9700k-overgeklokt-tot-5-komma-5ghz-op-alle-cores.html

Source: http://cpu.zol.com.cn/696/6966410.html

Robbin.

---Edit---

For an all-core overclock this seems to be very promising. You would expect this from a cherry-picked CPU, or maybe with a chiller or a little LN2.

If a 5.5 Ghz overclock is possible with watercooling (might be a lot of watercooling) then a 5.2-5.3 Ghz overclock with a more reasonable voltage is more at reach for normal users.

Also, it shows that the soldering of the IHS is really delivering very good thermal performance, which in return let's users keep their warranty but still be able to overclock to a high degree, which is very nice indeed.

How the thermals keep up with the 8-core 16-thread i9-9900K remains to be seen, but these results look very promising.

It might just be possible for the i9-9900K to have at least the same overclocks as seen with i7-8700K, but with added multithreaded performance.

---Edit2--

It seems that the + in i5+, i7+ and i9+ not only means that it is optane compatible, but that you will even get a (small) optane drive to go with the CPU

MODERATORS 

Those original sources don't confirm this is water cooling.

CAN WE PLEASE make sure that spurious claims are not posted all over the forum?

This is deliberately misleading advertising and click bait.

Can people also at least make the claims from reputable sources.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

First of all:

The Chinese source says it is watercooling. Right between the two pictures.

Second: wouldn't you like to have a hint at the performance of the new chips?

Third: How is this deliberately misleading? Do you think I'm trolling? Do you have a problem with me?

Fourth: How is this advertising? I don't gain anything from posting this. I just want to share with tech people.

Fifth: How is this clickbait? Because it might interest people? Then everything tech is clickbait for tech people.

Sixth: If you have a problem with clickbait, why are you on a Linus Tech Tips forum? A clickbait YouTube clip probably brought you here...

Listen, news like this can be faked, so always think twice. Don't believe me, or any other poster until it is confirmed with actual benchmarks after the release date and even then, compare all the benchmarks you can find and weigh them with trustfullness factored in. After release, we will find out if these results hold ground or not. Until then, it might just be the only glimpse to actual performance of the hardware we have yet. Take it or leave it, decide for yourself but please, let others do decide for themselfs as well.

No signature found