Apple Nearly Worth 1 Trillion Dollars

Capitalism 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

If the majority of the shareholders want them to do it, they legally have to do it. That is the law, law is still law even in theoretical situations. You dont seem to understand how a publicly traded company works, they have to act as their shareholders say they want to. Its how Steve Jobs got fired, then rehired. A public company isnt just the company, its also all the people who own shares in it, and if the company doesnt act in the way their shareholders want to then they can be in big big trouble, and the board of directors who made the decision not to listen to the shareholders would almost certainly be kicked out of their positions by the shareholders. 

If you think shareholders can force a company to do literally anything, you're the one that doesn't understand publicly traded companies. The law isnt just "oh the shareholders can do anything" and if this scenario happened it could be challenged in court. Obligation would have to be determined at that time.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Apple's definitely not selling the most smartphones compared to Samsung/Huawei but when it comes to profits, they're taking 50%+ of all industry smartphone profits each quarter.

At best shareholders could remove the board of directors but replacing them with people that are WILLING to do it doesn't mean they are OBLIGATED by law to do it. The legal obligation implies there is legal recourse if the obligation is failed which requires legal action, that would be separate from a shareholder vote to remove a director

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

33 minutes ago, NinerL said:

Apple's definitely not selling the most smartphones compared to Samsung/Huawei but when it comes to profits, they're taking 50%+ of all industry smartphone profits each quarter.

Not surprising when they're charging $1,000 for a phone,with at least half of that being the mark up.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/tablets/micro-usb---usb-c-combo-cable-ep-dg930dweguj/

$20 for a USB-C to Micro-B

Same as Apple's $20 lightning to USB-C cable.

Yet Samsung's cables don't fall apart after a few months lol.

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Macs are like any other computer and don’t age poorly. 10+ year old PCs can run just fine today if they were high end and got a few modern upgrades. 

Not really a Mac vs PC thing, computers just last a lot longer before I feel the need to buy a new one.

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Macs are like any other computer and don’t age poorly. 10+ year old PCs can run just fine today if they were high end and got a few modern upgrades. 

Not really a Mac vs PC thing, computers just last a lot longer before I feel the need to buy a new one.

The CPUs might throttle, but the CPAs sure don't.

I'll see myself out.

The sad part is:

They don't just sell few products, they also sell (comparatively) few numbers of those products.

And they have a pretty small market share as well.

Yet their margins are so extreme that they reach that big 1 tril anyways.

That is really sad. They could just as well cut down those margins a bit and invest into quality again like they used to. Or product testing.

Who cares if Apple, or XYZ company gets rich by selling stuff that people find useful? The only negative thing would be if that profit was from stealing, slave/forced labor, etc. 

And about those avoided taxes... GOOD. Less money to governments = less money to stupid wars / defense budget.

Just remember kids, every dollar evaded, is a dollar that Donny can't spend in wars/the wall. 

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Apple has a market, and they know how to make products for people in that market that they want and didn’t even know they needed. 

I’m sure the investors are very happy with Tim Cook at the helm. 

On a side note, I would like to see Apple bring more production to the US, it’s just that prices would also go up so that’s a tough trade off. 

They know how to market their products well regardless of the actual value you mean. Any other company that tries to do what Apple has managed to do would more than likely fail miserably. Smaller market share than most of their competitors but with their margins, that doesn't matter to Apple.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

8 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

>be ltt forums

>criticize apple

>jerk off google

>not realize irony

megalul

What? "jerk off" Google? I mean you don't see fanboys clamoring to defend Google,Facebook,or Microsoft over illegal tax evasion.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

What? "jerk off" Google? I mean you don't see fanboys clamoring to defend Google,Facebook,or Microsoft over illegal tax evasion.

Yeah, instead they rush to slam Apple for it.

Remember, projection exists on every corner.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

>be ltt forums

>criticize apple

>jerk off google

>not realize irony

megalul

>be ltt forums
>someone shits on apple
>no one jerks off any company
>posts snide greentext to feel like he's won an argument

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

It’s not possible! Apple makes the most overpriced and stupid phones/computers in the world! I can buy/build a phone/computer for *insert some lofty percentage of dollar value of savings* that does all the same things! Why would anyone buy Apple!?

/s 

Apple has a market, and they know how to make products for people in that market that they want and didn’t even know they needed. 

I’m sure the investors are very happy with Tim Cook at the helm. 

On a side note, I would like to see Apple bring more production to the US, it’s just that prices would also go up so that’s a tough trade off. 

Maybe I'm wrong here, but isn't the Trashcan Mac Pro assembled in the USA?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

11 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, instead they rush to slam Apple for it.

Remember, projection exists on every corner.

Thats because the point was already made that Apple is pretty much the worst offender for tax evasion, yet aren't being taken to court over it like Google has. The projection seems more like it's okay for Apple to do it, yet LTT forums shits all over MS or Google for anything else.

I guess we're supposed to praise Apple for ripping off people with insane margins and offshoring profits to screw over consumers even more.

10 minutes ago, Swatson said:

>no one jerks off any company

Oh you'd be surprised how many hardcore Android fanboys I've seen on here over the years, and how willing they are to pass off or be as critical of any bad thing Google does but quickly rushes to get angry at Apple for doing something.
Same goes for Microsoft and PCs and the view towards consoles and certain CPU/GPU brands.

I just noticed you've been on ltt a few months longer than I have. Although I've posted a lot lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, pinksnowbirdie said:

Oh you'd be surprised how many hardcore Android fanboys I've seen on here over the years, and how willing they are to pass off or be as critical of any bad thing Google does but quickly rushes to get angry at Apple for doing something.
Same goes for Microsoft and PCs and the view towards consoles and certain CPU/GPU brands.

I just noticed you've been on ltt a few months longer than I have. Although I've posted a lot lol

Both android and apple fanboys exist but I was referring specifically to this thread.

I am indeed a veteran, been watching linus since before LTT was a thing and the cameraman had no name, I have gained like 150 posts this week so we'll see what happens from here i guess

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Thats because the point was already made that Apple is pretty much the worst offender for tax evasion, yet aren't being taken to court over it like Google has. The projection seems more like it's okay for Apple to do it, yet LTT forums shits all over MS or Google for anything else.

I guess we're supposed to praise Apple for ripping off people with insane margins and offshoring profits to screw over consumers even more.

Tell that to hundreds of other companies, while I'd hate to get political. I'd like to mention the new tax laws we have in the US.

Hopefully Apple starts paying more of their taxes.

I honestly see more defense of Google and Microsoft when they do those bad things unlike when Apple does that bad thing.

I guess, I understand where it comes from. However, it's quite hypocritical.

Just now, Swatson said:

Both android and apple fanboys exist but I was referring specifically to this thread.

I am indeed a veteran, been watching linus since before LTT was a thing and the cameraman had no name, I have gained like 150 posts this week so we'll see what happens from here i guess

oh yeah for sure. I haven't read the entire thread but I've read enough of it.

From a company who is almost worth a trillion dollars, we really see a lack of "Brave" products.

Isnt due to tax evation most of their wealth is locked away?

tax evasion, child labor, almost slave labor with anti suicide nets, selling stupidly overpriced products, making products obsolete on purpose with bad warranties, no repair, no parts, making it as hard as possible to repair, makes one very rich. 

Harvard Case Study incoming.

Good for them the world is for the smart people, natural selection and all that. And.. There is one born every day.

They're worth $1 in my book because for every good thing they do, they fuck 1000 customers in return, with no lube or protection.

P.S. I hate Android as well so no, I'm not a fan boy. I'm a hate boy.