Apple Nearly Worth 1 Trillion Dollars

17 minutes ago, Swatson said:

No, it was India but the British government had a huge hand in it and did end up absorbing it

My point is that comparing what is effectively a company the size and with the power of a country isn't the same as Apple

Lol what? It was a private company formed and monopolized trading within the British Empire. What we are saying is a Private Company got so powerful and rich they did it several centuries ago. Quite simple really.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

23 minutes ago, Noctus said:

Lol what? It was a private company formed and monopolized trading within the British Empire. What we are saying is a Private Company got so powerful and rich they did it several centuries ago. Quite simple really.

No they literally ruled British India, and no the British government didn't just "own it".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_rule_in_India

They were also responsible for half the worlds trade, so a pretty fucking big difference to Apple

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, Swatson said:

No, it was India but the British government had a huge hand in it and did end up absorbing it

My point is that comparing what is effectively a company the size and with the power of a country isn't the same as Apple

Wasn't it the Dutch East India Company?

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Wasn't it the Dutch East India Company?

You are confusing it with the Dutch East Indies

26 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

You are confusing it with the Dutch East Indies

What about the French East India Company?

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

What about the French East India Company?

I dont have detail into colonial history. I only Play hoi4 :P

as well as no political discussions can we add no apple discussions? 

S.S.S.D.A.T

same shit show different apple thread

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

29 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

as well as no political discussions can we add no apple discussions? 

S.S.S.D.A.T

same shit show different apple thread

Wait untill we have a thread thats about a Mac Pro with a threadripper CPU and Nvidia graphics.

Thats bound to be 20 pakes within 10min

19 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

What a complete joke. :dry:

Proof that marketing works. 

And that consumers are generally complacent and clueless.

Looks like Apple may have hit the $1 trillion market cap figure (as of late Thursday morning).

It's not something to celebrate to the rafters, but It is wild to think the company came from the edge of extinction to this.  Most companies that teeter on bankruptcy usually end up as shells of their former selves.

And sorry, folks, it's not just marketing.  I'm not so naive as to think it plays no part, but you don't get to that stage coasting purely on advertising.  I suspect a lot of people cling to that fiction because they don't like to think that their priorities in tech aren't in alignment with those of the broader public.

19 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Looks like Apple may have hit the $1 trillion market cap figure (as of late Thursday morning).

It's not something to celebrate to the rafters, but It is wild to think the company came from the edge of extinction to this.  Most companies that teeter on bankruptcy usually end up as shells of their former selves.

And sorry, folks, it's not just marketing.  I'm not so naive as to think it plays no part, but you don't get to that stage coasting purely on advertising.  I suspect a lot of people cling to that fiction because they don't like to think that their priorities in tech aren't in alignment with those of the broader public.

This just in, garbage quality fast food is also more profitable than haute cuisine.

Its still garbage quality food and electronics. Things with mass appeal are seldom at the high end.

I know im doing something right when my priorities arent in alignment with the "broader public". Very happy actually.

Apple’s stock is jumping this morning

1999944B-279C-4F97-984E-89C4097415F9.thumb.png.b35444caa99520561951e6bdbadbc975.png

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

And It’s official. Apple is now worth $1 Trillion 

Source: https://apple.news/AP7C40aFfSK-5nGP8J2szUg 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

5 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

This just in, garbage quality fast food is also more profitable than haute cuisine.

Its still garbage quality food and electronics. Things with mass appeal are seldom at the high end.

I know im doing something right when my priorities arent in alignment with the "broader public". Very happy actually.

Oh, I get it, you're a more-counterculture-than-thou sort.  When you get older, you'll realize that merely going against the grain doesn't automatically make something better.  Ease of use is not a bad thing.  Attractive design isn't a bad thing.

Apple gear is expensive, and definitely not perfect, but it's not garbage.  You want garbage?  How about what passes for quality among many low- to mid-range PCs these days?  I have a friend who's on her third instance of a Dell laptop due to various hardware flaws, and even if it was working perfectly, it'd be a wobbly, cheaply-made machine with mediocre battery life.  Makes a MacBook Pro look like the creation of an expert craftsperson.

" First Trillion Dollar Company "

I think the Dutch East India company was worth more 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

28 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

We just discussed this above

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 hours ago, Commodus said:

Oh, I get it, you're a more-counterculture-than-thou sort.  When you get older, you'll realize that merely going against the grain doesn't automatically make something better.  Ease of use is not a bad thing.  Attractive design isn't a bad thing.

Apple gear is expensive, and definitely not perfect, but it's not garbage.  You want garbage?  How about what passes for quality among many low- to mid-range PCs these days?  I have a friend who's on her third instance of a Dell laptop due to various hardware flaws, and even if it was working perfectly, it'd be a wobbly, cheaply-made machine with mediocre battery life.  Makes a MacBook Pro look like the creation of an expert craftsperson.

Not for the sake of going against the grain at all. Going against the grain is the byproduct of the grain going in the direction of cheap labour produced goods. 

Perhaps when you realize that ad hominem based upon age is an immature place to argue from and if you actually buy something thats well made, youll understand that expert craftspeople dont work inside of Foxconn slave factories.

How is not wanting to buy slave made overpriced and mediocre at best quality and performance electronics and shit food "more counterculture than thou" anyway? 

I guess if the culture is "slavery in the name of massive profit margins is ok as long as its done far away" then i am counter to that culture. 

I agree that Dell is also shit.

That's a lot of ignorant tools contributing to the pot. 

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

I say good for them. In a certain way they 'deserve' it, but then again they don't. The recent controversies just made me dislike Apple even more. Even though I still use their products to this day (OS and an old Macbook from 2009), it's plainly stupid in what kind of policies they have implemented either recently or longer ago. I refuse to buy their more expensive hardware which at the end is not even worth it for me. Unless they start to change regarding their policies or their prices and what not (which is the most unlikable thing to happen), I might consider more Apple products in my life. But for the time being, it's just a big no. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

3 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

Well I mean basically owning countries does make you worth a lot of money.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Nice meme Varnic

3 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Shadow deleting posts, stay classy LTT mod team.

Got the warning after posting this, well played

To be fair it’s their forum and they make sure all posts are via the rules.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

To be fair it’s their forum and they make sure all posts are via the rules.

It's Linus' forum, the "shadow" part was my issue but I literally got the warning RIGHT after posting that first line.