NVIDIA’s Next-Gen Cards Specifications, Pricing And Nomenclature Details

The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti MSRP will drop in price by $100.

The GeForce GTX 1080 MSRP will drop in price by $50.

To me this is a clear indication that performance will be just slightly better than last gen.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

If there is a pc church somewhere, we might as well go pray that amd brings some winds of change in the gpu market too. We don't really need more powerful cards, just better prices, just a bit.

prices are fine considering post crypto shit

we absolutely need more powerful cards

i'd love to run 1440p surround 144hz with some shit maxed out right now still on 1080p surround with shit disabled that I would love to use considering I can visually see the difference

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Nope. The 1060 equivalent (segment wise) will cost $200 more than before (MSRP is $300 for the 6GB card). So it's not even close. The top chip isn't the real volume maker here.

So exactly what I said...

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

I know this article is probably crap... but a 1180ti or w/e naming convention they choose for 699-749 = sign me up. My problem is I normally wait for waterblocks to be available before I purchase and by then who knows if I can find one available lol.

You do realise that comparing consumption of current cards, what you'd call a 1180ti is nothing but a 1180. Since the 1080 is around 175W, the 1070 around 150W and the 1060 around 120W. Consequentially you may hope 1180 at 1080ti perf at... 1080ti msrp.

Still signed up?

6 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

You do realise that comparing consumption of current cards, what you'd call a 1180ti is nothing but a 1180. Since the 1080 is around 175W, the 1070 around 150W and the 1060 around 120W. Consequentially you may hope 1180 at 1080ti perf at... 1080ti msrp.

Still signed up?

1080 was 700 on release too then lowered before 1080ti

if the 1160 base would be 500, then the manufacturers models like strix for example could be 550+. That's a bit crazy no?

That's twice the MSRP of the 1060 :o

9 minutes ago, asus killer said:

if the 1160 base would be 500, then the manufacturers models like strix for example could be 550+. That's a bit crazy no?

That's twice the MSRP of the 1060 :o

what if it outperforms 1080 by like 10%?

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

you pay for performance not model numbers

Nonsense. If that was the case you should be fine with gpu prices increasing exponentially.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Nonsense. If that was the case you should be fine with gpu prices increasing exponentially.

you dont understand lack of competition do you?

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

you dont understand lack of competition do you?

You don't understand that Nvidia still wants to sell cards to Nvidia users?

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You don't understand that Nvidia still wants to sell cards to Nvidia users?

oh they can with pascal cards

pay for the market offerings of performance

Can't wait for the opening slide to be "GeForce, up to 11" at the next launch conference.

There's no way nvidia will name the next cards 20xx.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

oh they can with pascal cards

pay for the market offerings of performance

I have a GTX 970 as do millions of others. Nvidia would be stupid to not put out a card that's a big upgrade 4 years later for a similar price to entice us to upgrade. For those of us who have shown we're willing to spend $350 on a gpu there is nothing but the GTX 1060 6GB right now, as that's a marginal upgrade so would make no sense to buy. So Nvidia is better off with us just holding onto our gpus instead of buying new ones? Sounds like a pretty disastrous way to run a company by never giving your core audience a reason to upgrade.

11 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I have a GTX 970 as do millions of others. Nvidia would be stupid to not put out a card that's a big upgrade 4 years later for a similar price to entice us to upgrade. For those of us who have shown we're willing to spend $350 on a gpu there is nothing but the GTX 1060 6GB right now, as that's a marginal upgrade so would make no sense to buy. So Nvidia is better off with us just holding onto our gpus instead of buying new ones? Sounds like a pretty disastrous way to run a company by never giving your core audience a reason to upgrade.

so if xx60 outperforms any offerings from amd

and amd is pricing it at 500 why cant they?

oh wait shitty way to run a company

destroy competitor and then get stuck with monopoly laws lol

even if this is true, and pascal cards drop 100 in price there is your card 1070/1070ti after xx80ti is released

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

so if xx60 outperforms any offerings from amd

and amd is pricing it at 500 why cant they?

oh wait shitty way to run a company

destroy competitor and then get stuck with monopoly laws lol

If the GTX 1160 runs like a 1080 for $500 what's the upgrade? I could have already got a 1080 for that. You're acting like they're selling water, basic food, or healthcare which you have to buy no matter what the price. Conversely, gaming gpus are heavily price elastic. That's why you saw the 970 sell like crazy at $330, people saw they were getting the performance of a 780 Ti at a little over half the price. Nvidia isn't trying to maximize their profit per unit sold, they're trying to maximize their total profit. It's the same reason you always see 80Ti cards come out six months later for a little more than half the price vs the Titans. The chip gets cheaper to make so they can drop the price to make more profit by selling more units. If you just paid for performance the 80 Ti cards should be released at the same price as the Titans.

27 minutes ago, pas008 said:

what if it outperforms 1080 by like 10%?

most of the gtx sold are 1060, you are basically saying most of consumers will not even buy into the 11** and will stick to the old 1070, 1080. Aren't you alienating a lot of the market?

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If the GTX 1160 runs like a 1080 for $500 what's the upgrade? I could have already got a 1080 for that. You're acting like they're selling water, basic food, or healthcare which you have to buy no matter what the price. Conversely, gaming gpus are heavily price elastic. That's why you saw the 970 sell like crazy at $330, people saw they were getting the performance of a 780 Ti at a little over half the price. Nvidia isn't trying to maximize their profit per unit sold, they're trying to maximize their total profit. It's the same reason you always see 80Ti cards come out six months later for a little more than half the price vs the Titans. The chip gets cheaper to make so they can drop the price to make more profit by selling more units. If you just paid for performance the 80 Ti cards should be released at the same price as the Titans.

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

most of the gtx sold are 1060, you are basically saying most of consumers will not even buy into the 11** and will stick to the old 1070, 1080. Aren't you alienating a lot of the market?

lack of competition

simple as that

pulling a samsung/apple/microsoft/intel/etc

maximize profits on single product sold because no competition

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

lack of competition

simple as that

Did you even read the post? So you're telling me gaming gpus are price inelastic?

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Did you even read the post? So you're telling me gaming gpus are price inelastic?

of course

market has shown it even without mining

people spend $500 plus on new phone, gaming console upgrade, etc every yr or two

why arent they included considering their performance increase is larger than most other areas especially phones

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lack of competition

simple as that

Tell me how is there a lack of competition, when Amd actually has a similarly or brtter performing card in almost every price segment, except for the absolute high end. 

Just now, Lawliet93 said:

Tell me how is there a lack of competition, when Amd actually has a similarly or brtter performing card in almost every price segment, except for the absolute high end. 

examples?

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

To me this is a clear indication that performance will be just slightly better than last gen.

Since it's only on an improved node, not a new node, that isn't too surprising. Nvidia's 7nm parts won't be for a while.

the 1170 is going to be $500? 

How+About+No.jpg

*edit*

also if the top teir card is the xx90 and it dosent have two GPUs on there ima loose my shit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The real question is are they going to come out with a gaming oriented titan with this release?

14 minutes ago, pas008 said:

examples?

The gtx 1080 is basically on par with Vega 64, although the second one consumes much more power. Vega 56 is faster or equally fast as the gtx 1070. Rx 580 faster than the gtx 1060 6GB. Rx 570 faster than the gtx 1060 3GB. The rx 560 1024 competes well with the gtx 1050-1050ti. And the rx 550 trades blows with the gtx 1030.