• Pandora
    • Apple Music
    • Itunes
    • Other
    • I don't use any of the above

MyGodDamnLocalStorage.com :D 
I`ve used spotify few times and soundcloud for very few artists

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

3 minutes ago, andrew.f said:

Just wondering what music service people use

Used to stream on twitch regularly, that brought me to love WinAmp. Lets me easily show the title and artist of a song with a plugin on screen. 

Personally I just use downloaded music on my devices through Google Play Music (Download Only mode) or WinAmp. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

2 minutes ago, m0nss7erKill said:

MyGodDamnLocalStorage.com :D 
I`ve used spotify few times and soundcloud for very few artists

xD That's a good answer, I probably should have included it in the poll.

Spotify Premium for family is the best thing ever. Especially if you get your parents to pay for it :D 

Specs:

Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102

Just now, newcbomb said:

Spotify Premium for family is the best thing ever. Especially if you get your parents to pay for it :D 

Honestly Spotify Premium is one of the best things investments I have ever made. I used to download music before but after the 3 months for €0.99 I made the decision not to cancelled my subscription.

I used to use Groove Music Pass. Now that it is gone, I used Spotify (family).

Spotify is terrible. I don't recommend. While I have not tried other services as of yet. If you use Spotify, try another service, I am sure it will be better.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Spotify is terrible. I don't recommend. While I have not tried other services as of yet. If you use Spotify, try another service, I am sure it will be better.

I disagree. I find spotify fantastic

I also use spotify. I find their radios pretty good when you put in an artist you like. Also their discover music stuff, I listen to the 'Discover Weekly' playlist a fair amount (playlist unique to user of music spotify thinks you'll like that you havn't listened to) can be a bit hit and miss but again usually pretty good. 

As it's the service most use being able to share playlists with friends is cool. One of my favorite playlists is a mates that I listen to from time to time.

I will also use their 'Your Daily Mixes' as well. Again puts music it thinks you'll like into playlists. The playlists will often be themed so one might be Edm, another Modern Rock etc.

Of course most of the time I will listen to my own self constructed playlist, but the things above you won't necessarily find in other services. 

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I did actually try using Google Play Music to get it working with my smartwatch. Found it to be so much worse than spotify that I sold the watch went back to spotify and bought a Tizen smartwatch.

What is it about Spotify you dislike so much?

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 hours ago, andrew.f said:

I disagree. I find spotify fantastic

2 hours ago, Rupe said:

What is it about Spotify you dislike so much?

Well, these are some of my big complaints:

• You can't sort by genre New Releases

• Music discovery features is focused on giving your own music, instead of... discovery new artists even similar genre. With Groove Music, it would go through every artists biography and see any cross over music with the artist with other to generate you a massive list of music that you will most likely enjoy. Spotify just goes for matching keyboard of tags that the music collection has. That is all it does. Google Music service faces the same problem. So if you want to play Jazz, you'll easy get Hip-Hop or Rap, because it contains "Jazz" as some keyword somewhere. It doesn't understand that you have "Jazz" is massive branch, and the word is used losely to say "on the spot improvisation".

• If you see your list of music by Songs, you have no way to jump to a letter, it is not even sorted, you can't sort it. It is just dumps upi "here is everything". So if you try to search for a song that you forgot its exact name, well too bad.

• The app is big and bulky. Granted not iTunes heavy, but compared to Groove fast, responsive, GPU rendered apps, Spotify is snail paste. And Spotify consumes more battery life than Groove did.

• If you play music on Spotify, you have no "TV Mode", where you see a slideshow of pictures and/or visualization or something.  Here you get to enjoy the album cover art and that is all. Not great if you want to setup music when you have people over. I guess one can put the fireplace channel.

• You can't get artists details

• Downloading music for offline play is unclear. Sometimes it is a Save button, other times it a Download button, and other times it is a toggle. The GUI has a lot of small mess like this, which also doesn't correlate on the phone app, really highlighting that they are different apps made by different people, trying to follow each other.

• Offline download, creates a mess of folders and files on the system. With Groove you had your standard MP3 file, which just happen to be only playable in Groove. The location of it, was under a normal folder organization where its folder is the album name, which is under the artists.

It's all issues I didn't have with Groove... than again, the iOS and Android app of Groove was.... lackluster. Worked, but barebone, and rushed coding, when the company finally switch from Windows only, to "multi-platform, and have the services bring people to more Microsoft services/product". Well it is all gone. I doubt it was the rush coding. The problem is a massive lack of visibility due to no marketing, with a combination of being US only and Windows only for a number of years, only expand later on to Canada. And ONLY coming to its end of life, it had more countries around the world... but way too late. Spotify had their family plan, and there is nothing MS could do to penetrate, despite being the first in the Streaming model. Shows the power of marketing and having an open platform (multi-device and multi-country)

I wish I'd be able to select more than one... I use SoundCloud, Apple music, Google music, Spotify, pandora and Amazon music and YouTube. But I download a lot of music too, and I use CD's

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 hours ago, andrew.f said:

Just wondering what music service people use

I download a lot of music via Bandcamp and Google Play Music(only used that a couple times).

Most the music I listen to is ripped from a CD as well.

As far as just listening, I'm at my PC often enough that I can just use YouTube and not have to pay for anything.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Apple Music but I would really like to switch over to Spotify. I've noticed Apple Music is missing some of the higher treble notes and the recommendations are atrocious. Apple's 'curated' playlists are also horrendous and sound like an eight year old was asked to put together a playlist

That's an F in the profile pic

i use spotify for its easy interface and it has all the songs that i listen to

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

I used Google Play music for a while but converted to Spotify

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Apple Music, Google Play Music, and Amazon music aren't that great. IMO Spotify for non-audiophiles and Tidal for audiophiles.

I used to use Google play and spotify for a bit but was tired of horrible sound quality so I made the switch to ripping my CD and vinyl collection to flac onto my server. (And then converting to wma for my car head unit) at 1.5TB and counting.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

a hard drive with a ton of .mp3 files. my internet is so shitty I can't even play a background without having 4000ms ping in any game.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

youtube and Spotify to download music. I am old school and do not use streaming. 

Local storage. But technically Google Play Music. Since I bought them on there and downloaded a local copy.

I wouldn't have bought them on Google Play if they didn't allow us to download an MP3 file of the songs, because I don't subscribe to an expensive mobile data plan, I needed to have the songs locally if I wanted to listen to music while on the go.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I either download music and store them on my phone or a USB, or I use Spotify when I am walking about and want to find a song I want. I use Spotify premium. 99 cents for 3 months is a pretty good deal IMO.

hi.