I CHALLENGE YOU GUYS IN THE LOWEST[WORST] SPECS

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Sometimes I feel it's very arbitrary what's considered "status update" and what isn't...

Just roll with it ;):P

What is your worst PC that you have?

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

The TV aspect is nice, and if you're a retro fan it's fun to game on.  But, it sucks as a modern computer.  xD My first was an IBM PS/1.

He has at least a hundred floppies with games and programs on them, so maybe he's just too lazy to set it up.

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Just roll with it ;):P

What is your worst PC that you have?

Right now I have nothing that's really bad tbh... my laptop's the worse but that's an i7 7500u, I remember replying to these threads in the past though with stuff like an i3 2368M and joking with an AMD C-50 someone asked me to fix its slowlness... as if it's possible when you have 90% cpu usage to sustain windows 10 lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Pentium P55C 233Mhz, 32MB of RAM, ATi Rage Pro, 2GB HDD, SoundBlaster 16, motherboard so old that it doesn't have USB and it's MikroMikko (PC made by Nokia). It should be able to run Win98, but somehow it cannot do that so it just runs Windows 95 which can be only installed with diskettes.

I also have Commodore VC-20 and 64, but they are more gaming consoles for me.

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Right now I have nothing that's really bad tbh... my laptop's the worse but that's an i7 7500u, I remember replying to these threads in the past though with stuff like an i3 2368M and joking with an AMD C-50 someone asked me to fix its slowlness... as it's possible when you have 90% cpu usage to sustain windows 10 lol

I wouldn't consider that to be bad, especially in the context of this thread :)

I don't sell (old) hardware, so I still got old PC components from when I was a kid up until now.

I'm also into "experimenting" with different components, so that's why I have the Atom N270 system lying around xD

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

joking with an AMD C-50 someone asked me to fix its slowlness... as it's possible when you have 90% cpu usage to sustain windows 10

LOL xD

1 hour ago, Majinhoju said:

My Acer 6920g laptop is really showing it's age.  It's probably the worst spec'ed machine I have currently have that still works.

Off the top of my head it has a Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz dual core cpu, 9500m gpu, 4gb ram.

I sometimes use it for a little netflix or youtube off to the side but it really stutters on high res video, haha.

That system should more than be able to handle 1080p YouTube streaming. Put a fresh OS on it and it should do better. 

As for myself, I have a 286 with 512KB of memory. Doesn't even run Windows. 

well you know what?

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!

/jk

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Any prices for lowest legit Fire Strike score ?
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/15587676
Provided by... Northwood-128 (aka Celeron 2.0GHz @ 1,9GHz) :)

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, Lenovo1984 said:

That system should more than be able to handle 1080p YouTube streaming. Put a fresh OS on it and it should do better. 

As for myself, I have a 286 with 512KB of memory. Doesn't even run Windows. 

I might try another Windows refresh and see what happens.  It's currently running Windows 10 with the latest updates (maybe a couple months behind, can't remember).

Some streaming it handles fine, some it struggles with.

It streamed Nvidia Geforce Now (at 1366x768) at 60fps with no problems.  But cranking up the video settings on youtube it starts to stutter.

I'm not too concerned with it.  My desktop pc has a 4670k and GTX 1080 so it gets more of my attention :)

Any single core CPUs up in here? Anything below 1.2GHz (and 3GB DDR2) is acceptable. Also, where are the Intel GMA Graphics users? Any one with an old 2005/2006 MacBook (non-Pro) can jump on this ;) Don't ask how I know these things...

1 minute ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Any single core CPUs up in here? Anything below 1.2GHz (and 3GB DDR2) is acceptable. Also, where are the Intel GMA Graphics users? Any one with an old 2005/2006 MacBook (non-Pro) can jump on this ;) Don't ask how I know these things...

Um, Athlon MPs are single cores....

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Um, Athlon MPs are single cores....

Those too :) Make sure it's running DDR or older and we're all good...

Can't remember the specs, but my Uncle still has a computer running Windows 98.  :P  That got to have some old parts in it.  I remember trying to load Linux on it.

....I had to get a kernel that could actually run on it.  The modern Linux distros could not install on it.  Only thing I remember it had like 512MB of DDR.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Just now, TopHatProductions115 said:

I think it's DDR2, given that I can swap memory back and forth between this system and my Athlon 64 X2 systems.

I'll pop down to my basement and double check :)

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

I'm still wainting for someone to come up with his computer that uses vacuum tubes... and still works :)

10 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Got 4x512mb of DDR-266 ECC sticks in there.

Turns out my Athlon 64 machines take DDR as well.

Check my PC spec sigs.... Then laughing at it.

||

||

||

\  /

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

behold, true glory

VNBxoTT.png

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Random core 2 duo, unknown low end ATI GPU, 160GB Samsung hard drive. Dead motherboard so I can't share a screenie.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

IBM PC AT with a glorious 30 mb MFM hard drive and 5.25 and 3.5 inch diskette drives.  It has a VGA card and 2.5 MBs of RAM on a 286.

That hard drive sounds like a jetliner taking off!

2 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Random core 2 duo, unknown low end ATI GPU, 160GB Samsung hard drive. Dead motherboard so I can't share a screenie.

Yeah, but that does not really count! ;-)

The system should at least be able to power on and function “normally”.

8 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

My Acer 6920g laptop is really showing it's age.  It's probably the worst spec'ed machine I have currently have that still works.

Off the top of my head it has a Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz dual core cpu, 9500m gpu, 4gb ram.

I sometimes use it for a little netflix or youtube off to the side but it really stutters on high res video, haha.

That machine should decode h.264 just fine on the gpu (Blu Ray quality should be no problem), unless Youtube is busy forcibly shoving VP9 down it's throat.

As for me, well, I've a Game Boy Advance SP. That technically counts as a computer, with a blazing fast 16.78 MHz ARM7TDMI and 384 KB of RAM.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Ahem.

Intel Pentium 133 MMX

passive cpu cooler

54MB ram

8GB HDD

4MB gpu (can't remember which one)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I have a working single core pentium III, 1GB RAM, GPU with 512MB VRAM, 200GB + 250GB hdd build running winXP

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!