Can i play oculus rift with that.

I want to buy the oculus rift which requirs at least 1 usb 3.0. The problem is that my computer does not have one is there a way for 2 or more usb 2.0 to become 1 3.0 or something.Is there another solution for my issue?

Is your pc even ''vr ready'' without a 3.0 port?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Indeed, I wanted to answer his question, but you made a good point.

Perhaps @ManosMax13 could list the specs of his setup?

46 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Lol dude yeah ammm i7 860 and gtx 1080 only the cpu is the problem

46 minutes ago, Slottr said:

44 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Indeed, I wanted to answer his question, but you made a good point.

Perhaps @ManosMax13 could list the specs of his setup?

Is the processor too bad for vr

43 minutes ago, T3500 said:

You can get USB 3.0 PCIe add-in cards

Can u link me one

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Lol dude yeah ammm i7 860 and gtx 1080 only the cpu is the problem

I'd highly consider looking at upgrading you cpu, motherboard, ram and probably other upgrades before you get an oculus.

Could easily get a ryzen 1600 and the other parts for a reasonable price

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

I'd highly consider looking at upgrading you cpu, motherboard, ram and probably other upgrades before you get an oculus.

Could easily get a ryzen 1600 and the other parts for a reasonable price

The thing is that i live in greece and getting a resonable ryzen 5 setup is 600 dollars tha oculus is 400

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

The thing is that i live in greece and getting a resonable ryzen 5 setup is 600 dollars tha oculus is 400

Really no point in getting the oculus if you cant run it..

Could try, but I cant imagine it would run great

Just now, Slottr said:

Really no point in getting the oculus if you cant run it..

Could try, but I cant imagine it would run great

If i get the usb 3 pci-e cards will it run good even with that cpu?

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

If i get the usb 3 pci-e cards will it run good even with that cpu?

No

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

If I were you I'd get a better mobo, CPU and memory to increase games performance instead of that vr thing

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I want to buy the oculus rift but my mobo does not have a usb 3.0 port so i was thinking of getting this https://www.newegg.com/global/gr/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287033&ignorebbr=1

Will it have problems because it is not a regular usb 3.0 port?

Also my cpu is an I7 860 and my gpu is a gtx1080 will i be able to play oculus with good quality or my cpu wont be able to handle it?

CPU might be a little slow. I'd look at upgrading.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

31 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

If I were you I'd get a better mobo, CPU and memory to increase games performance instead of that vr thing

Dude good cpu mobo and ram add up to 600 dollars the oculus is just 400

30 minutes ago, Jrock said:

CPU might be a little slow. I'd look at upgrading.

Yes but a good system will cost 600 dollars the swift only costs 400 will the cpu play most games at good fps without making me nauseated?

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Why do want an oculus that cant even run well?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

USB 3.0 is ten times as fast as USB 2.0... So that would not be practical..

An add in card would be the most logical solution

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Yes but a good system will cost 600 dollars the swift only costs 400 will the cpu play most games at good fps without making me nauseated?

/

You can try, it will probably play most titles just fine, but more cpu bound titles will suffer.

11 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I want to buy the oculus rift but my mobo does not have a usb 3.0 port so i was thinking of getting this https://www.newegg.com/global/gr/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815287033&ignorebbr=1

Will it have problems because it is not a regular usb 3.0 port?

Also my cpu is an I7 860 and my gpu is a gtx1080 will i be able to play oculus with good quality or my cpu wont be able to handle it?

According to the listed specs, the CPU needs to be an i3-6100 or greater (originally an i5-4590) and I highly doubt a CPU from 2009 is going to work for you. If I recall, that is a first gen Core processor? 

You could check this tool out

https://support.oculus.com/1357437467617798/

Knowing you won't meet the spec for the USB 3.0 until you add a card, it will give you the other information.

I am going to say it won't work for you, and I don't think the software will even install.

* I found someone stating it may work with an i7-920, but they never confirmed it afterwards.

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-3372033/1st-generation-run-oculus-rift.html

Edited by NovaNightmare

What I want to know is how you got a 1080 and a cpu from 2009... That's a ridiculous bottleneck...

it's time

9 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

unless you want a super duper fancy full of useless LEDs board + RAM and an 8700k you should be around 400

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

21 minutes ago, RollTime said:

What I want to know is how you got a 1080 and a cpu from 2009... That's a ridiculous bottleneck...

My pc used to be my dad's workbench.I then gottit and upgraded the gpu.

12 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Buying an oculus for that PC is like getting a car without a licence.

Sure about that i think it will play most titles like super hot fine

Do SteamVR benchmark xd.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

VR games are *far* more framerate and frametime dependant than normal games and with an older processor you're going to have a *lot* of frame jitter. Even if it does work it's not going to work well. Save up and get a better machine before you drop a bunch of money on a VR headset for a machine that's going to give you an awful experience.

This is the equivalant of asking how you can get an HDR monitor working with a GPU that only supports VGA. Yeah you can use a USB-HDMI adapter to plug it in, but you're not going to get any of the benefits of HDR, so either get a cheaper monitor or a better GPU.

Since there's no VR headsets that are going to have lower requirements, wait and upgrade your machine before you buy one.