3D Scan ANYTHING! - HOLY S#!T

Can you guys ask/interview/WAN show them on what they think/know about the whole

Euclideon UNLIMITED DETAIL STREAM THE DATA FROM A HARD DRIVE AND RENDER WITH A CPU

guys?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I've seen one of these but a lot bigger and older at a motorcycle factory a few years ago in China before when they use to scan clay models into computers. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

A couple months ago Excelsior posted something on the forum talking about a video like this... now I just have to find the old post to congratulate them on it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 hour ago, Loagster said:

I'd love to see a 3D model of the studio become available. I'd spend hours looking at every single nook and cranny...

thas creepy my dude

I wish i had that!!!! I have to rely on photogrammetry to get my point clouds! Awesome.

@LinusTech

Does this mean youll upload the point cloud for the community? 

12 minutes ago, TLCH723 said:

Link to buy this?

https://lasers.leica-geosystems.com/BLK360

Apparently there's a whopping 1 year warranty extension available at time of purchase too! So for only $20,000 you get a WHOLE TWO YEAR warranty. WOW! To be fair if you're using this to measure construction projects, it's expected to be dropped and bumped around, so having it last more than 6 months is acceptable, assuming you're charging an appropriate fee to your clients so you can afford to replace it when it dies.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

First 3D scanner I heard of was the HP's TopShot Laserjet Pro M275 that came out 7 years ago, where it also scan 3D objects, but it's limited only to the stuffs you put on its scanner bed.  Glad to see another company, continuing with this idea, and taking it to the next level.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

16 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

First 3D scanner I heard of was the HP's TopShot Laserjet Pro M275 that came out 7 years ago, where it also scan 3D objects, but it's limited only to the stuffs you put on its scanner bed.  Glad to see another company, continuing with this idea, and taking it to the next level.

no idea how much this costs, but this is beyond any other tech with scanning objects that can fit inside and dont have complex interiors you need to scan.

What a coincidence, just yesterday I was doing research on 3d lidar slam and came across videos of exactly the BLK360.

Too bad it's slow for my application, can't use it for any kind of live mapping or navigation.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

hei about this product, can this camera be Intrinsically safe ? if yes i can think of a it can be good market for excelsior . previously they use this tech for break bulk volume measuring (calculating how much sand they have in a cargo hold. but the the tech can not be use in a oil tank or gas tank) 

i used to work as an agent  in the marine industry, calculating volumes of bunker safe;y , quickly and accurately has been always problem in this industry.. 

Would have been nice to see those points turned into polygons. As it its, it looks a bit crap compared to handmade 3D model renders.

16 hours ago, kirashi said:

https://lasers.leica-geosystems.com/BLK360

Apparently there's a whopping 1 year warranty extension available at time of purchase too! So for only $20,000 you get a WHOLE TWO YEAR warranty. WOW! To be fair if you're using this to measure construction projects, it's expected to be dropped and bumped around, so having it last more than 6 months is acceptable, assuming you're charging an appropriate fee to your clients so you can afford to replace it when it dies.

This sort of kit would have parts replaced on a rolling basis for calibration and operation purposes with the Leica support maintenence centres, so would go for much longer than 2 years, and if you look at the similar products they make that are more dimensionally accurate, Like the Leica MS60 they are more robust so and perform in a very similar manner. From personal experience in the construction industry, I doubt these would be used much as 4mm tolerances for as-built surveys isnt the best. The Leica MS60 can do it to 0.1mm, rather than the 4mm, but their scan rate is only 1000Hz rather than the whopping 100,000 or so of the one they showed in the video.

It is very cool bit of kit though and hats off to LMG for showing it off. 

5 hours ago, HeartyTinman said:

This sort of kit would have parts replaced on a rolling basis for calibration and operation purposes with the Leica support maintenence centres, so would go for much longer than 2 years, and if you look at the similar products they make that are more dimensionally accurate, Like the Leica MS60 they are more robust so and perform in a very similar manner. From personal experience in the construction industry, I doubt these would be used much as 4mm tolerances for as-built surveys isnt the best. The Leica MS60 can do it to 0.1mm, rather than the 4mm, but their scan rate is only 1000Hz rather than the whopping 100,000 or so of the one they showed in the video.

It is very cool bit of kit though and hats off to LMG for showing it off. 

Oh I don't doubt it will last a lot longer than 2 years, let alone my jokery of 6 months, if properly taken care of, and I'd wager you being right that even out-of-warranty repairs would be totally doable for years since this is a professional piece of equipment for which Leica would have repair centres for, just like Canon with their DSLR cameras. What I was getting at was the fact that you get a 1 year warranty out of the box, with a mere extension of 1 additional year, which is pretty sad for something that costs as much as a car, since cars come with 5-10 year warranties. https://lasers.leica-geosystems.com/ca/sites/lasers.leica-geosystems.com.ca/files/leica_media/product_documents/internationallimitedwarranty_english_2013_0.pdf

Regardless, I agree it's still a wicked product that I'd love to have just to play around with, but alas, I don't want to spend $30,000 CAD :P 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Is this similar to how self driving cars build their map of the road in front of them, with a spinny infrared light that is used to measure distance?

4 minutes ago, FartingBob said:

Is this similar to how self driving cars build their map of the road in front of them, with a spinny infrared light that is used to measure distance?

I think thats closer to how a camera autofocuses. But id say so ya.

Minus the triangulation for the color id imagine that thing does with the camera.

But im no expert.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:31 PM, kirashi said:

Oh I don't doubt it will last a lot longer than 2 years, let alone my jokery of 6 months, if properly taken care of, and I'd wager you being right that even out-of-warranty repairs would be totally doable for years since this is a professional piece of equipment for which Leica would have repair centres for, just like Canon with their DSLR cameras. What I was getting at was the fact that you get a 1 year warranty out of the box, with a mere extension of 1 additional year, which is pretty sad for something that costs as much as a car, since cars come with 5-10 year warranties. https://lasers.leica-geosystems.com/ca/sites/lasers.leica-geosystems.com.ca/files/leica_media/product_documents/internationallimitedwarranty_english_2013_0.pdf

Regardless, I agree it's still a wicked product that I'd love to have just to play around with, but alas, I don't want to spend $30,000 CAD :P 

You are right though, with the fragility of the leica kit. Theyre weatherproof in some cases, but far from knock proof, which is testamount to the steel nerves of Excelsior for letting Linus hold it...

Sadly yes, the interesting pricing that Leica uses on its products has a tendancy to screw over anyone who wants any of this sort of kit and isnt a large scale construction / design companies which can just throw money at it and not notice, is kinda sucky but, meh, the very best from the swiss precicion giant kinda demands a price like that...