Will Linus Read this?

LavergneFX

Uhm im a motion designer , who can contact me with linus?

probably go to his website where it lists his business email. if its not business related then PM him or post on his profile on this website and hope he picks to reply to you out of the tons of other people who message him.

Apparently he lurks more than he posts, so maybe he's reading this as we speak :ph34r:

But as said above, if you want to speak to him; it's best to contact him directly as opposed to posting on the public forum.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

He does read the forum so he might see this, but if you have a business thing to discuss just contact him officially, he's mentioned before how he's easy to reach, seemingly with the implication that that's what you should do if you need to.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

22 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'd love to work for Linus too. 

Recent work experience :

- dropped my phone 2 months ago

- dropped it again last month

- dropped one of my external HDDs this afternoon

If I move to Canada, do I qualify?

Nah they've got dropping covered already, you'd need to fill a related position such as (but not limited to):

• catching dropped things
  • negotiating repairs for dropped things
  • placing protective cases on droppable things, and drop-proof foam mats on all horizontal surfaces
  • filming the dropping of things for views

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If your trying to contact him to ask for a job I would advise against it. They hire people when they need it and will post exactly what they are looking for.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'd love to work for Linus too. 

Recent work experience :

- dropped my phone 2 months ago

- dropped it again last month

- dropped one of my external HDDs this afternoon

If I move to Canada, do I qualify?

@LinusTech : Hire this guy already.

Details separate people.

Here is an elephant in space : 

image.jpeg.3f1bbe3c3adf41477589c167cb6afe2e.jpeg

:)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

You can contact him with his business email, but on this forum, most likely not.

hi.

Would they even really need a motion designer?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

move to Canada, do I qualify?

Yup you will be allowed in my Justin TruDUH

You could always just show up unannounced at his building in Vancouver. Its probably the best route to go to be heard by any business owner. 

It usually works for me.

8 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

You could always just show up unannounced at his building in Vancouver. Its probably the best route to go to be heard by any business owner. 

It usually works for me.

That's usually a bad way to go.  They try to be nice but they have work to do and a schedule to keep.  If you just show up randomly, there's a good chance you won't be let in, and even if they make time they won't like it, which is not going to help your case.

24 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's usually a bad way to go.  They try to be nice but they have work to do and a schedule to keep.  If you just show up randomly, there's a good chance you won't be let in, and even if they make time they won't like it, which is not going to help your case.

I doubt they got people showing up all the time, its probably refreshing. But yeah im just guessing lol.

Heck sounds like the guy would just need 5 minutes and a flash drive to give em.

9 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

It usually works for me.

Ha, ha... Yeah, no.

Do NOT do this. This is the worst way for you to have any chance of working here.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

5 minutes ago, Edzel Yago said:

Ha, ha... Yeah, no.

Do NOT do this. This is the worst way for you to have any chance of working here.

Well there ya go, dont do it lol.

Is there no front desk or reception? Ive walked into studios like that, its confusing. 

9 minutes ago, Edzel Yago said:

Ha, ha... Yeah, no.

So defiantly don't arrive blaring Dixie airhorns, and do donuts in the parking lot? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I admit I'm very curious to see LMG given that I work just down the street from there.  But yeah, don't show up unannounced.  If I stepped out of my office now I could be in front of their place in less than 2 minutes (on foot) but I'm not going to bother them.

:o the legendary edzel has replied. I can see why they don't like people just randomly turning up though, it's annoying and they don't have time for people to just walk in and bother them when they're filming or doing other business related stuff.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

19 minutes ago, xriqn said:

:o the legendary edzel has replied. I can see why they don't like people just randomly turning up though, it's annoying and they don't have time for people to just walk in and bother them when they're filming or doing other business related stuff.

Ive never had a bad experience showing up at 4:30-5:00pm. I guess im just old fashion.

At worst they say no. Not like im gonna get mugged lol.

21 hours ago, dizmo said:

Would they even really need a motion designer?

Who wouldn't need one? /s

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

32 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Who wouldn't need one? /s

Dont they already have one. Who made the intro and all the graphics for every video?

For a gpu/cpu review video when they throw up all those graphs and whatnot, thats actually a decent amount of work. Im guessing its all done with illustrator and after fX. 

However i think there is far better programs for this stuff.

Wait, Linus is real? Maybe the meds are working...

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy