Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
3 minutes ago, Benji said:

My neighbours don't seem to understand the concept of living in an apartment complex. Like, they're letting the children run the household and get up around 6-7am, stay inside and cause a ruckus the entire day and now their washing machine is running again... at 10:45pm they turned it on. And last night it ran until 2am, like, are they out of their minds? Can't they wash their freaking laundry in the daytime? Must be so exhausting arguing with your significant other and letting your children be noisy the entire day, so let's not waste a single minute to turn the freaking washing machine on in actual daytime.

rip living in crappy apartments. Mine's decent. Like the only time when I hear the neighbours is when idk the unit above me has they kid running around. And when they flush the toilet (maybe shower, dunno all I hear is water going down the pipes)

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

My neighbours don't seem to understand the concept of living in an apartment complex. Like, they're letting the children run the household and get up around 6-7am, stay inside and cause a ruckus the entire day and now their washing machine is running again... at 10:45pm they turned it on. And last night it ran until 2am, like, are they out of their minds? Can't they wash their freaking laundry in the daytime? Must be so exhausting arguing with your significant other and letting your children be noisy the entire day, so let's not waste a single minute to turn the freaking washing machine on in actual daytime.

1 minute ago, Red 🙂 said:

Well I live in a village and while they're not doing it rn, my neighbors like to burn stuff in their backyard.

reminds me of england when shop a ownsers was burning bushes in his backyard

But the neighbors never said a word to us and nothing bad or memberble happened with the neihbers

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

15 minutes ago, Benji said:

Somewhere there's a person/company doing saw-jobs in the middle of the night for at least half an hour. I have no idea what would get somebody to cause such noise in a residential neighbourhood in the middle of the night.

Oh, they wouldn't be able to get away with that here. After 10pm people have to be quiet.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

48 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

-shudders-

I felt like i was brought up here, but there's no mention so... -goes back to do what i'm doing-

Someone might have posted a screen shot of someone posting a screen shot of a message of yours.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

That's the issue here. Germany is rather like "No, no, don't do that!" but nothing really happens. And there are legit people that immediately turn down the volume of whatever they're doing and the police assumes that you called them for nothing and you might end up having to pay for their arrival when "nothing" is going on.

It would be best to record them.

We attempted to start doing the same with our neighbour but it's unusually snowy here rn.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Benji said:

That's the issue here. Germany is rather like "No, no, don't do that!" but nothing really happens. And there are legit people that immediately turn down the volume of whatever they're doing and the police assumes that you called them for nothing and you might end up having to pay for their arrival when "nothing" is going on.

I'm curious, what are vehicle laws like? can you have loud exhaust? does everything have to be a recent model or can you drive a car from the 80s/90s if you wanted?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

3 minutes ago, Tog Driver said:

does everything have to be a recent model or can you drive a car from the 80s/90s if you wanted?

i think here you can have an older car like a fiat maluch (seriously, one local youtuber owns one) although i don't think that i've ever seen a trabant here (reminder: 1948-1989 czechslovakia = part of eastern bloc)

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

Spoiler

6 hours ago, sub68 said:

You mean this one?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

You mean this one?

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Loud exhaust? No, the maximum limit is, I think, 87dB max at a distance of 1 meter, even though pricier cars and sports cars are usually way louder and can still legally operate. Our neighbours (the ones that had the BMW M6) also got an Audi R8 and you can hear that thing roar (louder than a regular conversation) in our apartment that is two floors higher than the underground garage, so that thing is definitely way louder. Also, choppers are usually SO loud that you can hear them two to three blocks away and should be forbidden in my opinion (you know, some people do value their peace and their hearing). So yeah, these limits exist but can be circumvented with special operational permits by manufacturers (see sidepipes in the SLR McLaren for example, sidepipes are illegal). Every part that you can install on a car, even if it's just visual like the original mirror caps with the LED turn indicators need an ABE (Allgemeine Betriebserlaubnis) (general operation permission), even rims. But once you have that, visual and even performance modifications are allowed to a certain degree.

Yes, you can drive older cars, even despite the emission standards. Once a car has been manufactured 30 years ago (so it not just depends on the model, but also the specific build year of your car), you can apply for a so-called Oldtimerkennzeichen (old-timer licence plate), commonly called "H-Kennzeichen" (H licence plate). The H in the end signifies an old car that is fully original in it's technical aspects (original engine, transmission and exhaust features). The only thing that somewhat limits the car is the so-called Umweltzone (environmental zone), usually larger cities. There are three zones (or four, but the first two are red IIRC) designated by a coloured badge in your windshield. 1/2 are red and are usually older petrol cars without a catalyst or any sort of exhaust processing or older non-filtered diesel engines, and are usually not allowed to enter larger cities (pretty much every city at this point), zone 3 is designated by a yellow badge and is usually allowed in larger cities, but not in the city center. (There are a few non-filtered diesel engines that fit this criteria IIRC, a Golf IV diesel from an employee of the drug and addiction facility below me has that badge.) And zone 4 is basically every petrol car from the past 25-30 years and every diesel with a diesel particle filter. There were also plans of a blue badge being introduced for specifically environmentally friendly cars a few years ago, but I haven't heard about those in a longer time and they don't exist as of yet.

Oldtimers that classified for the old-timer licence plate are actually not affected by the Umweltzonen (environmental zones) at all, even if they're old, acidly-stinking unfiltered diesel engines. They are also not taxed the same as contemporary vehicles.

TL;DR: As long as it's passed a general inspection and lies within the secure limits, you can drive whatever you want as long as all parts are either original or specifically allowed by a registered ABE (the general operation permission). But let's assume nothing about the car is modified and it's regular rims and nothing else: You can drive whatever you want.

Oh, okay. In the street that my grandparents live there's a few garages a few houses further down the road and there's one with some advertisement on the car's roof.

As a matter of fact, both of my parents and paternal grandparents are from the GDR and my grandparents owned a Trabant 601 back then.

What if it's not original? such as putting a different engine from a higher trim level of that vehicle?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

5 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Nouzomi.gif

ezgif-2-17725150329d.gif.714fa11448490a94e71e10597b459361.gif

15 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Nouzomi.gif

'chew know's my taste of memes

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Even that can usually be permitted. I've seen, for example, someone switch his 1.9l TDI PD 105hp diesel engine Golf V with a Golf VI GTD engine (2l Common Rail diesel 184hp) and even that got permitted for the car.

Not to mention that the second-lowest trim level is almost always available with the largest non-performance engine anyway and trims in Germany define the features more than they define the engine. For example you can get a Volkswagen T-Roc (lifestyle SUV based on the Golf VII) as the T-Roc R for 50-55k€ with the Golf VII R 310hp engine and it won't even have a sat nav while even the Golf GTI base for 40k€ has one.

Maybe trim level wasn’t the right term, but you get the idea.

where I am switching engines is pretty common.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

*Spin move*

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

New dream time!
This time, @LogicalDrmgives me a warning and point, but he comes to my door and reads it with one of those scroll things.

It was about not yelling at people for talking about Cyrix.

In that world, I did that...?

Also, I've had 3 consecutive dreams, something that hasn't happened since 2014.

elephants

Just now, Benji said:

I can tell you right away what that is. You created your account Oct 20, 2020 (almost 4 months ago) and you have almost 5000 posts. You're spending way too much time in this forum, that's why you're always dreaming of it.

Makes sense.

But.

In the past 6 years, I - on average - have 0 dreams a month.

Maybe 2 a year.

That's why it's surprising to me that I've had 3 in a row.

elephants

Just now, Benji said:

Probably because you didn't concern yourself that much with anything else. Because your post count in that amount of time can almost be called obsession.

Whenever I start to learn about something, I learn almost everything I can.

For instance, last year, I was doing a deep dive into the lineup of 2D and 3D Mario games, Zelda games, and their music, minus a few of the weird ones (like Mario is Missing!). 

Didn't help me get better at them, but that's what I did.

I had no dreams about them directly, though - just a short snippet in a "combo dream".

In 2016-2017, I was doing the same thing about Lego Mindstorms. Same story - no direct dreams.

In 2013-2014, I read Inkheart, and had a few days of a nightmare sequence that, in retrospect, wasn't scary at all. Then, I was doing Snap Circuits. I still remember almost everything I learned during that time.

As I'm currently doing tech, I came here after the Tom's Hardware forum because their UI was cluttered and slow, and I couldn't use AdBlock. 

elephants

2 hours ago, Meganter said:

Y'all weird.

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Must be the weeb life 😉

yes it is and your uncultured

/s

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Because your post count in that amount of time can almost be called obsession.

I don't pay attention to my post count or rep lol

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang