Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Bro, I got the 134 fires number from YOUR SOURCE which now you say is no good? Wow. Maybe use better sources!

Nah man, you're a laughing matter at this point. Not even worth my time, ignored.

This is coming from the guy who was knocking the GTO. Take anything he says with a grain of salt. 

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

14 minutes ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

ICE cars are irrelevant to this conversation. And the ratio is really bad if you look at the ratio of Teslas catching fire vs number of Tesla's on the road. Much higher than any ICE statistics. 

Those who ignorantly support (not you) EVs always use this line. I shake my head, because it's not going to save you from the real statistics. And sure as hell wont save you if your Tesla explodes and burns you alive.

ICE cars are incredibly relevant to this discussion and if you don't understand that then you're ignorant or naive. Lmao.

Also, Teslas aren't going to just magically pop and burn you alive, if you think that you might own a Pinto.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

ICE cars are incredibly relevant to this discussion and if you don't understand that then you're ignorant or naive. Lmao.

Also, Teslas aren't going to just magically pop and burn you alive, if you think that you might own a Pinto.

FACT: TESLAS ARE CATCHING FIRE

BRINGING UP STATISTCS ABOUT OTHER VEHICLES DOES NOT MAGICALLY MAKE THE FIRE PROBLEM WITH TESLAS GO AWAY. 

ARE WE ALL CLEAR ON THIS? 

JESUS CHRIST 

1 hour ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

FACT: TESLAS ARE CATCHING FIRE

BRINGING UP STATISTCS ABOUT OTHER VEHICLES DOES NOT MAGICALLY MAKE THE FIRE PROBLEM WITH TESLAS GO AWAY. 

JESUS CHRIST 

FACT:

VEHICLES CATCH ON FIRE SOMETIMES, MECHANICAL DEVICES DO THAT.

3 hours ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

No, person burns a live in a horrific death.

and how many people have burnt alive in ICE cars? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

and how many people have burnt alive in ICE cars? 

IM GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME SINCE PEOPLE ARE HAVING GREAT DIFFICULTY PUTTING THE CRACK PIPE DOWN.

BRINGING UP STATISTCS ABOUT OTHER VEHICLES DOES NOT MAGICALLY MAKE THE FIRE PROBLEM WITH TESLAS GO AWAY. 

JESUS ******** CHRIST 

9 minutes ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

IM GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME SINCE PEOPLE ARE HAVING GREAT DIFFICULTY PUTTING THE CRACK PIPE DOWN.

BRINGING UP STATISTCS ABOUT OTHER VEHICLES DOES NOT MAGICALLY MAKE THE FIRE PROBLEM WITH TESLAS GO AWAY. 

JESUS ******** CHRIST 

IM GOING TO SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME SINCE YOU ARE HAVIGN GREAT DIFFICULTIES WITH UDNERSTANDING THE PROBLEM YOU ARE CREATING WITH YOUR CRACK PIPE

IGNORING ALL STATISTICS BUT ONES ABOUT TESLAS WONT MAGICALLY MAKE THE FIRE PROBLEM OF ICE CARS GO AWAY

JESUS ******** CHRIST 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Like I get being childish and insulting people cause they offended your whole bloodline .. but I just asked a question? 
Either way ... if you send a useless reply ... you will get one back.

38 minutes ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

~snip~

What about other EV manufacturers? Are they fine? Sure sounds like it from what you've mentioned in these posts. Even though they are using the same technologies.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:40 AM, Fast_N_Curious said:

Flooded Tesla EVs From Hurricane Ian Exploding All Over Florida (motorbiscuit.com)

Apparently, Lots of Tesla's are exploding in Florida. It seems after a storm, or serious flooding water is making contact with the batteries and causing violent, catastrophic and dangerous explosions. 

Also note - ICE cars don't have this problem. 

I could not find a direct video of them exploding in Florida. But I have included this video to demonstrate the point that Teslas are dangerous and should be banned in the united states. I would force every Tesla owner to return their vehicle. I would then use the worlds biggest shredder to destroy all of them to a eliminate a very real and very dangerous flaw: it's an electric car. Need I say anything more?

😄

45 minutes ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

JESUS ******** CHRIST 

Let me be clear in a simple way. All technology goes through maturation.

The idea of and implementation of the Tesla or all EVs is no different than the motor car or trains or any other new technology. Do you have any idea of the same arguments were in the past with new tech? Hell, it was widespread information that people would die just traveling over 60miles an hour and it was an American train engineer that proved that wrong. Do you recall the smart phone battery issue just a few years ago that made people go up in arms over the safety of smart phones?? The young girl the almost died when falling asleep on her charging apple phone or the swelling apple batteries, or how about the renowned joke over Samsung batteries that invoked the exploding phone in a video game?   This is a remarkably similar situation.

Welp by the logic I have seen we need to ban all cars, trains, planes, boats, cell phones, all electronic devise worldwide including your pc you're on right now reading this .... 🤦‍♂️

I will tell you to Calm down. No one is ignoring the statistics here. You cannot tell other people to not take the risk of being an early adopter of new tech, you are fighting a massive uphill battle mind you, and you are going the wrong way about it. If you want to argue, this is not the place to do it. We encourage Discussion and Debate here, arguing/fighting accomplishes nothing. Lastly, I tell you to move along.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, Bitter said:

Story is copy-pasted word for word across many websites but it's origin seems to be from this news source which...surprise surprise is a conservative leaning organization and biased against electric vehicles and Tesla for some perverse reason even though electricity is a home produced commodity and not subject to foreign price fixing like oil. I guess all the rich robber barons backing the conservative right like their oil profits too much.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/newsnation-jennifer-lyon-nexstar-bias-1234926851/

Also it's one conservative politician likely facing a midterm election who's showing one vehicle being precautionary foamed and saying 'trust me bro' about all his other claims with no numbers, figures, or other proof? Never trust a politician is like...life 101.

Also you write like a rabid 14yr old on 4chan.

Do not bring this garbage into the forums; Politics is not allowed and that includes All areas of the forum. 🤨 

Leave your political views at home.

This argument ends here, if you wish to continue to discuss that fine but drop the fighting or otherwise the entire portion of this conversation about tesla will be removed and Warnings will be issued to those involved. 

Edited by SansVarnic
Corrected my poor grammar - I policed myself. :P

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 hours ago, Bitter said:

-snip-

Does your Celica have an LSD? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Also, wow that EV's catching on fire conversation got out of hand. 

Let's just go back to horse and buggy

bruh word on the street is if you feed your horse raw vegetables instead of grains, he'll produce 2HP and more torques than a rx-8

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 hours ago, IPD said:

Based on what evidence?

There is no shortage of articles on the internet looking into manufacturers and their not-so accurate range claims... (both IC and EV) Guess i shouldnt be that surprised, you probably just ignore everything that puts EV's in a bad light.

25 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

There is no shortage of articles on the internet looking into manufacturers and their not-so accurate range claims... (both IC and EV) Guess i shouldnt be that surprised, you probably just ignore everything that puts EV's in a bad light.

ok bro, that's enough. Calm down. Stop saying things that aren't necessary @IPD don't even respond to his message, it'll only make it worse. Let's move on.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, GlassBomb said:

Anyone here got any OBD2 scanners that they recommend? Looking for something suitable for my E46.

I've honestly always wondered what's like the best budget one. For those who don't want to fork out for a nice Autel. 

I mean you can get a cheap one and just read codes, but actually being able to go through modules and stuff like that is helpful on a lot of cars today.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

ok bro, that's enough. Calm down. Stop saying things that aren't necessary

1st, im not your bro so stop right there, 2nd unless you have something of value to a conversation remain silent, 3rd calling out ignorance is not something anyone would need to stop or instruct anyone to not react to it.

BTW just as an FIY im not even worked up, if id pump myself up every time i run into ignorance i wouldve died from cardiac arrest or stroke.... 🤣

/ON

😆

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Does your Celica have an LSD? 

No, sadly no magic mushrooms or limited slip differential. 99% of the time there's not enough torque to need one and the 1% of the time it's usually I've done something stupid on purpose. 🙃

41 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

BTW just as an FIY im not even worked up, if id pump myself up every time i run into ignorance i wouldve died from cardiac arrest or stroke.... 🤣

Don't be so hard on yourself, bro.

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

I never would expect 250 mile range from a stated 250 mile range.  120 would be just fine and perfectly acceptable on an EV motorcycle.  All I really need it for is something that will do > 50 every day (at speed).  So not only does this point not matter, but it's also practically irrelevant.

No one has ever said "the thing that will keep me from buying an EV motorcycle is that the real-world range estimates are overstated by 100%".  If all that the purchaser ever intended it for is going to & from somewhere on a daily or regular basis--and it has a demonstrated range that exceeds this mileage by a more than 20%--then all other considerations about range, stated, claimed or poo-pooed by internet self-proclaimed messiahs--are moot.

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

1st, im not your bro so stop right there, 2nd unless you have something of value to a conversation remain silent,

its a public forum dawg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

No, sadly no magic mushrooms or limited slip differential. 99% of the time there's not enough torque to need one and the 1% of the time it's usually I've done something stupid on purpose. 🙃
-snip-

They are pretty good (almost necessary) for autocross events though lol

Spoiler

3 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Anyone here got any OBD2 scanners that they recommend? Looking for something suitable for my E46.

Carly? Dunno if the support the 46 tho

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Carly? Dunno if the support the 46 tho

@GlassBomb 

This may be worth a shot to try out?? (Topdon AD600S). Seems to do pretty much everything and the E46 is on the compatibility list. And it gets updates, which is nice. It's fairly reasonably priced, I'm just not sure how well it'll hold up or if it has any long term issues. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KZTYD18?&linkCode=sl1&tag=samcrac-20&linkId=153b2912723c59c4980599535aecade5&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl 

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

They are pretty good (almost necessary) for autocross events though lol

Only if you have torque, I don't have much and very sticky tires I can almost never spin except like that above video where I purposely under steered and over throttled. So funny story, someone was following me over to the dinner spot after the car meet there and I completely forgot they were behind me when I did that and I also completely lost them in some twisty road a while before that. I had to apologize a bunch, I felt like such a jerk!