Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

Flooded Tesla EVs From Hurricane Ian Exploding All Over Florida (motorbiscuit.com)

Apparently, Lots of Tesla's are exploding in Florida. It seems after a storm, or serious flooding water is making contact with the batteries and causing violent, catastrophic and dangerous explosions. 

Also note - ICE cars don't have this problem. 

I could not find a direct video of them exploding in Florida. But I have included this video to demonstrate the point that Teslas are dangerous and should be banned in the united states. I would force every Tesla owner to return their vehicle. I would then use the worlds biggest shredder to destroy all of them to a eliminate a very real and very dangerous flaw: it's an electric car. Need I say anything more?

😄

Any flooded vehicle will have heaps of issues. This goes for both EV's and ICE. The issues that do occur are just different.

And I'm sure that it's not only Tesla EV's that are having issues after being flooded from Ian. No vehicle is ever built to get flooded.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:40 AM, Fast_N_Curious said:

Flooded Tesla EVs From Hurricane Ian Exploding All Over Florida (motorbiscuit.com)

Apparently, Lots of Tesla's are exploding in Florida. It seems after a storm, or serious flooding water is making contact with the batteries and causing violent, catastrophic and dangerous explosions. 

Also note - ICE cars don't have this problem. 

I could not find a direct video of them exploding in Florida. But I have included this video to demonstrate the point that Teslas are dangerous and should be banned in the united states. I would force every Tesla owner to return their vehicle. I would then use the worlds biggest shredder to destroy all of them to a eliminate a very real and very dangerous flaw: it's an electric car. Need I say anything more?

😄

Story is copy-pasted word for word across many websites but it's origin seems to be from this news source which...surprise surprise is a conservative leaning organization and biased against electric vehicles and Tesla for some perverse reason even though electricity is a home produced commodity and not subject to foreign price fixing like oil. I guess all the rich robber barons backing the conservative right like their oil profits too much.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/newsnation-jennifer-lyon-nexstar-bias-1234926851/

Also it's one conservative politician likely facing a midterm election who's showing one vehicle being precautionary foamed and saying 'trust me bro' about all his other claims with no numbers, figures, or other proof? Never trust a politician is like...life 101.

<removed by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

In a morbid sense, it's actually better for consumers that flooded Tesla's fare so badly.  It would be pretty hard to slap lipstick on them and try to pawn them off as gently used vehicles--when they're smoking husks.

Meanwhile in ICE land, black mold, rotting carpets, electrical shorts, and everything else you can imagine--are the hallmarks of shady curbstoners selling flood damaged cars.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, IPD said:

150 mile range EV motorcycle

🤣  Even if that claim is true (astronomically huge if), it costs so much that it doesnt make any sense. Ppl just buy new/used IC bike and use the extra they did not burn on a electric plaything to maintain (service, fuel, etc) it for years. Most be nice to live in a dreamworld but its time to wake-up.....

11 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

And I'm sure that it's not only Tesla EV's that are having issues after being flooded from Ian. No vehicle is ever built to get flooded.

Calling a car exploding an "issue" is quite a bit disingenuous. You can fix soaked electronics most of the time,  but when the car gets blown into smithereens that you cannot....

Edited by jagdtigger

Nah, salt water ruins all the modules and connectors. It's done if it's dunked, EV or otherwise.

IMG_20221015_180020.jpg

14 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Something intelligent about EVs?

There is nothing intelligent about EVs.

🤣🤣🤣

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

11 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Any flooded vehicle will have heaps of issues. This goes for both EV's and ICE. The issues that do occur are just different.

Of course, but you are missing the point here. Exploding cars can kill people nearby. Also, they can catastrophically explode in a matter of seconds without ever giving a sign that it's going to happen. They require huge amounts of water to be extinguished and burn for hours if left unchecked. For example, it required over 4,000 gallons of water to finally put out the fire in this tesla. ICE cars will not burn for hours they can catch fire and require only a matter of minutes to be brought under control and much less water to put the fire out. And as I said earlier, these cars explode when water makes contact with the battery. Very dangerous situation. 

6-23-TESLA-CAR-FIRE.jpg?quality=60&strip=color&w=1024

California crews use over 4,000 gallons of water to put out Tesla fire – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

Before:

Black Tesla Model S Plaid With UP Carbon Ceramic Big Brake Kit (BBK) -  Unplugged Performance

After:

Electric vehicle fires are rare, but hard to fight — here's why

Nice very nice

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

Nah, salt water ruins all the modules and connectors. It's done if it's dunked, EV or otherwise.

IMG_20221015_180020.jpg

Of course, ICE cars will get severely damaged if flooded, but generally speaking they won't explode randomly like a Telsa will^.

LOL you thought I meant ICE cars don't have issues when they get flooded! Did I say that? Pay closer attention to what you are responding to, save us all the headache, okay? 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, Bitter said:

Story is copy-pasted word for word across many websites but it's origin seems to be from this news source which...surprise surprise is a conservative leaning organization and biased against electric vehicles and Tesla for some perverse reason even though electricity is a home produced commodity and not subject to foreign price fixing like oil. I guess all the rich robber barons backing the conservative right like their oil profits too much.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/newsnation-jennifer-lyon-nexstar-bias-1234926851/

Also it's one conservative politician likely facing a midterm election who's showing one vehicle being precautionary foamed and saying 'trust me bro' about all his other claims with no numbers, figures, or other proof? Never trust a politician is like...life 101.

Also you write like a rabid 14yr old on 4chan.

<removed by staff>

It's legit. And you need to pay attention. Telsa's should be banned and their factory shuttered. Unacceptable. 

image.thumb.png.d4c2b5cd7208c039bb5fbfd65063a7b2.png

All Reported Tesla Fires 🔥 | Tesla Fire (tesla-fire.com)

Here is one exploding:

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

We've been over this, ICE cars catch fire too and way more often than electric cars do even when accounting for the fewer electric cars on the road. It's a few pages back but we did this already. In fact overall car fires are DOWN more and more decade after decade as recalls become more common place and better enforced by the government and as cars have generally become safer. I specifically called out THAT politicians claim without him providing any backup besides 'trust me bro' in a midterm election year.

Also, are you shitting me? 134 fires out of 2.6 million vehicles. By your metrics we ought to just launch Hyundai/Kia right into the fucking sun!

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/up-in-flames/kias-and-hyundais-continue-to-burn-after-5-8-million-cars-and-suvs-recalled

Over 5,000 fires! Holy shit that's like...let me get my calculator out....a lot more than 134 if I did my math right. And lets math a little more, carry the 3, divide by 69, minus 420....Tesla has a 0.005% fire risk and Hyundai/Kia's under recall (just the ones under recall, not even all the ones sold) are a 0.08% chance of fire. But wait, that's not fair. How many cars have Hyundai/Kia sold from 2011-2019? Well lets just add it all up between the two brands for TOTAL units sold in that time span and we get 17005062, or 0.029%, now math ain't my thing but that's about a 480% HIGHER chance of your 2011-2019 Hyundai/Kia catching fire than any Tesla.

So would you agree we need to shred every Hyundai/Kia and shutter their factories? They're substantially worse! You need to get your head out of who's ever butt it's up, dig the shit out of your ears and eyes and learn to do some critical thinking for yourself and not just parrot whatever bullcrap you're being fed from whatever crooked sources you're getting it from. This took me all of...10 minutes to put together and figure out? I'm old and slow and bad with the internet on a shitty old laptop. Just because something looks like it's everywhere doesn't make it factual, it just makes it popular. I guess they stopped teaching critical thinking and problem solving sometime in the past 20yrs cause it ain't that I'm especially smart, I'm just a dumb wrench jockey!

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

By your metrics we ought to just launch Hyundai/Kia right into the fucking sun!

Need to do this regardless.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Nah, they're securing 'Murican jobs with all their recall repair work.

29 minutes ago, Bitter said:

This part killed me

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Well that's what Tik-Tok wants us to do.  Almost as though CCP has a reason to want us to not buy S. Korean automobiles.  But maybe I'm just jaded and cynical....

6 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

🤣  Even if that claim is true (astronomically huge if), it costs so much that it doesnt make any sense. Ppl just buy new/used IC bike and use the extra they did not burn on a electric plaything to maintain (service, fuel, etc) it for years. Most be nice to live in a dreamworld but its time to wake-up.....

Based on what evidence?  You think Harley charging 30k for an EV bike is somehow indicative of the true cost of bringing one to market?

Harley is like Apple of motorcycles; you pay a fuckton in markups for a sub-par offering.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

We've been over this, ICE cars catch fire too and way more often than electric cars

Complete and total

BS

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

No, not the sun. The moon is where we want them. 

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

And lets math a little more, carry the 3, divide by 69, minus 420....Tesla has a 0.005% fire risk and Hyundai/Kia's under recall (just the ones under recall, not even all the ones sold) are a 0.08% chance of fire.

AGAIN TOTAL BS: Look people our mathematical genius is working with bad numbers

The numbers are controlled by people with various ties to Musk and/or Tesla. You honestly believe those numbers are accurate? 

Word of the day. Might want to deal with this before you go spouting off at the mouth again. 

ingenuousness 
Lacking in cunning, guile, or worldliness; innocent or naive
(you are all of these things FYI)
Maybe this will help with your pretzel logic. In more than one way 😂

Man dies when his Tesla electric car hits barrier and explodes into flames in Swiss motorway tragedy - World News - Mirror Online

Man dies when his Tesla electric car hits barrier and explodes into flames  in Swiss motorway tragedy - World News - Mirror Online

image.png.1b1ecfa321729dc209f01c70395fa8d0.png

Bro, I got the 134 fires number from YOUR SOURCE which now you say is no good? Wow. Maybe use better sources!

6 minutes ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

Nah man, you're a laughing matter at this point. Not even worth my time, ignored.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

We've been over this, ICE cars catch fire too and way more often than electric cars do even when accounting for the fewer electric cars on the road. It's a few pages back but we did this already. In fact overall car fires are DOWN more and more decade after decade as recalls become more common place and better enforced by the government and as cars have generally become safer. I specifically called out THAT politicians claim without him providing any backup besides 'trust me bro' in a midterm election year.

Also, are you shitting me? 134 fires out of 2.6 million vehicles. By your metrics we ought to just launch Hyundai/Kia right into the fucking sun!

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/up-in-flames/kias-and-hyundais-continue-to-burn-after-5-8-million-cars-and-suvs-recalled

Over 5,000 fires! Holy shit that's like...let me get my calculator out....a lot more than 134 if I did my math right. And lets math a little more, carry the 3, divide by 69, minus 420....Tesla has a 0.005% fire risk and Hyundai/Kia's under recall (just the ones under recall, not even all the ones sold) are a 0.08% chance of fire. But wait, that's not fair. How many cars have Hyundai/Kia sold from 2011-2019? Well lets just add it all up between the two brands for TOTAL units sold in that time span and we get 17005062, or 0.029%, now math ain't my thing but that's about a 480% HIGHER chance of your 2011-2019 Hyundai/Kia catching fire than any Tesla.

So would you agree we need to shred every Hyundai/Kia and shutter their factories? They're substantially worse! You need to get your head out of who's ever butt it's up, dig the shit out of your ears and eyes and learn to do some critical thinking for yourself and not just parrot whatever bullcrap you're being fed from whatever crooked sources you're getting it from. This took me all of...10 minutes to put together and figure out? I'm old and slow and bad with the internet on a shitty old laptop. Just because something looks like it's everywhere doesn't make it factual, it just makes it popular. I guess they stopped teaching critical thinking and problem solving sometime in the past 20yrs cause it ain't that I'm especially smart, I'm just a dumb wrench jockey!

Hows about 4,000 gallons of water to put one out? 

Capturedd.png

They collect from the news and mainstream media reports but plenty of these Tesla's are NOT reported or linked. Listen closely: It's called damage control. 

Same thing happened with the DC-10. They knew it had a major flaw in design, but they didn't want the bad publicity, so it was ignored until people started dying. Unfortunately, we have the same thing going on here with Telsas. In all honestly, you don't even know/comprehend the half of it. 

The Perfect Meme Debunking Renewable Energy - American Experiment

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Person dies in car crash?!?!?

No, person burns a live in a horrific death.

I have another one for you.

Tesla fire kills man because door handles wouldn’t open, lawsuit alleges - The Washington Post

I'll tell you one thing. These pro electric car people have their heads in the sand. 

image.png.021a11d7aeba42559604e05edbc1e9d5.png

image.png.0b0046f0d929d032df472791aab45b22.png

16 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I really don't care about your politicized opinion about something you don't actually understand.

Pass it on to someone else.

Giant batteries in cars are exploding. How difficult is that to comprehend? 

And lots of people are downplaying it or comparing bad statistics to mitigate the damage/fallout. 

We are not comparing to other cars. Other than to say Tesla's have a serious fire risk that may result in your death. 

5 minutes ago, Fast_N_Curious said:

Giant batteries in cars are exploding. How difficult is that to comprehend? 

And lots of people are downplaying it or comparing bad statistics to mitigate the damage/fallout. 

We are not comparing to other cars. Other than to say Tesla's have a serious fire risk that may result in your death. 

Except for, ya know, the mountains of data that proves ICE vehicles are more susceptible to fires.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Except for, ya know, the mountains of data that proves ICE vehicles are more susceptible to fires.

ICE cars are irrelevant to this conversation. And the ratio is really bad if you look at the ratio of Teslas catching fire vs number of Tesla's on the road. Much higher than any ICE statistics. 

Those who ignorantly support (not you) EVs always use this line. I shake my head, because it's not going to save you from the real statistics. And sure as hell wont save you if your Tesla explodes and burns you alive. 

Tesla owners during gas shortage [67k upvotes on r/memes] :  r/electricvehicles