Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

29 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'll take both, in wagon form :P

I concur

On 6/9/2017 at 7:47 PM, TVwazhere said:

Here's a teaser!

Finally! Everything's done! 

Took me a while to gather and resort the audio. I didnt exactly use a scientific method of recording the audio, but I mean hey, it works. I didnt get any drive by audio because I didnt want to leave my laptop on the side of the road. Also, as advertised, NO DRONE at highway speeds. Good Job COBB!

The catback has a month and a half of use on it so it's sound is matured. If you want to skip the "before" audio clips, skip to @2:00 

@Real_PhillBert

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Finally! Everything's done! 

Took me a while to gather and resort the audio. I didnt exactly use a scientific method of recording the audio, but I mean hey, it works. I didnt get any drive by audio because I didnt want to leave my laptop on the side of the road. Also, as advertised, NO DRONE at highway speeds. Good Job COBB!

The catback has a month and a half of use on it so it's sound is matured. If you want to skip the "before" audio clips, skip to @2:00 

@Real_PhillBert

No waste gate noise. And it seems a bit more pleasant to drive. I dig it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Today I'm gonna spend 40 minutes trying to get a brake rotor off of an Audi

- said no one ever

His pads are complete toast btw. I don't think the people that "replaced the pads" after the car was sold to my dad actually replaced the pads. Just the electric wear sensors which they left hanging lol

oh well. At least he'll have slotted rotors... but only in the front for now lol

i need to replace the rear brakes on the protege soon. those duralast pads are really shit and cake on dust like nobody's problem, and they seem to last shorter than the front duralast gold pads. but i want to try my hand at some ebc brakes soon though.

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Couple of months ago. I didnt stay stopped at a stop sign long enough at a shit intersection with poor visibility and t boned a Camery. I was doing ~7 and she was doing ~25. Everybody drove away and I was found at 70% fault because she didnt try to avoid the accident and I didn't see her til she was right in front of me. 

oh shit man. how bad was the damage for both cars?

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

E36 is my favorite, followed by the E30

e36 interior is quite dated to me, so i'd go e46, even though i'm not so crazy for it.

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

20170611_120825.jpg

i'd gladly take that m5, please.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ladies and gentlemen. I present the coolest car ever built

hurst-hairy-oldsmobile-early-run.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

Ladies and gentlemen. I present the coolest car ever built

I suppose that's an Oldsmobile (it's there on the side...), AWD with a supercharged V8... Noice

EDIT: HOLY SHIT

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/10/retrospective_gt_gt_the_hurst_hairy_olds/

Edited by JoaoPRSousa

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

I suppose that's an Oldsmobile (it's there on the side...), AWD with a supercharged V8... Noice

A 2400 Nitro/Alcohol horsepower, Twin engined exhibition car. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I guess the Porsche GT2 RS was just announced.

On E3...

least it wasn't more pre-rendered garbage. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

Just now, vetali said:

least it wasn't more pre-rendered garbage. 

It was just really off to see the announcement of the GT2 RS at E3 of all places. I wonder how much money Microsoft threw at Porsche to get that.

And hard for me to get excited about this new version of the Xbox. "Xbox One X".

More like XX_Xbox_One_x_69. It's like your most edgy and generic gamer handle.

Finished one side of the Audi. Only took 5 hours. Pfft

that and I'm absolutely filthy.... covered in head to toe in brake dust and road grime. 

Sigh

not to mention the stupid bolt I was tightening in an odd position and my hand slipped and I punched myself in the mouth and cut the inside of my lip

-_-

i have like an entire week to do the other side so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, GlassBomb said:

It was just really off to see the announcement of the GT2 RS at E3 of all places. I wonder how much money Microsoft threw at Porsche to get that.

And hard for me to get excited about this new version of the Xbox. "Xbox One X".

More like XX_Xbox_One_x_69. It's like your most edgy and generic gamer handle.

I figured it was a GT3 they were gonna show off or something lol. 

I don't think they've shown a single live rendered game yet. But yeah bad name. Shoulda just called it xbox one 4k. 

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

not to mention the stupid bolt I was tightening in an odd position and my hand slipped and I punched myself in the mouth and cut the inside of my lip

-_-

Audi: 1

Braxton: 0

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Finished one side of the Audi. Only took 5 hours. Pfft

that and I'm absolutely filthy.... covered in head to toe in brake dust and road grime. 

Sigh

-_-

i have like an entire week to do the other side so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Fly me over and Il do it for you :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

So... Now car parts move around with the wind n shit.

More physics for you CPU to calculate... Oh boi...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

39 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Fly me over and Il do it for you :P

The best I can do is give you a free drive in it :P 

its a pretty boring (but super comfortable) car tho. Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The mdx is broken again. No AC 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

The mdx is broken again. No AC 

It discharged or is the compressor clutch just not working anymore?

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It discharged or is the compressor clutch just not working anymore?

No idea but it's 30C and raining all week, I CBA to check it out today. I'm thinking the system needs to be recharged but I'm also due for an oil change soon so might get it all over with in one go.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 hours ago, techswede said:

No waste gate noise. And it seems a bit more pleasant to drive. I dig it.

(If waste gate and blow off valve are the same) then in fact there is that satisfying pssshhh sound if you listen close enough! Might be hard to hear if you dont have headphones :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620