Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo

original. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

It is. Even without crawling in all the way, the oil drain bolt is easy to find, and the filter goes straight up. I used the Valvoline SynPro here as it was on sale with a Wix filter, and is, at least, a moderately reputable brand. 

I also like how I got out nearly exactly as much as I put in. Car is burning virtually nothing. 

Now, I wonder how easy the Chrysler 2.7 will go in my parent's Charger, the next (badly overdue) one on the list. 

chrysler 2.7? drive it until it blows up. maintenance wont save that boat anchor. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Just now, vetali said:

chrysler 2.7? drive it until it blows up. maintenance wont save that boat anchor. 

I've heard that being stringent on oil changes can help prevent sludge, at least, until the water pump decides to vomit. It is a 2008, which I believe had an upgraded water pump gasket to address that issue to some degree. Though as my dad is quite lax on maintenence, I fear there may already be sludge issues. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

12 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Fastest way through a corner! 

DSC09939.JPG

Technically the fastest way through a corner is to make it straight and ignore the cones 

but then this can happen...

and there's kind of a time penalty lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I've heard that being stringent on oil changes can help prevent sludge, at least, until the water pump decides to vomit. It is a 2008, which I believe had an upgraded water pump gasket to address that issue to some degree. Though as my dad is quite lax on maintenence, I fear there may already be sludge issues. 

Only worse engine I can think of is maybe the old chevy diesels from the 80s that were just gas engines with super high compression ratios. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

13 minutes ago, vetali said:

Only worse engine I can think of is maybe the old chevy diesels from the 80s that were just gas engines with super high compression ratios. 

That sounds like something an engineer should be incapable of even thinking of. 

On another note, I didn't change the oil on my car myself last year, or the year before, because I was in the army. So I completely forgot it this year. It has been due for a while now. I hope the bad thread juju won't claim yet another victim. 

I feel extra vulnerable because this thread also had an appetite for Jettas a while back. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

6 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

That sounds like something an engineer should be incapable of even thinking of. 

On another note, I didn't change the oil on my car myself last year, or the year before, because I was in the army. So I completely forgot it this year. It has been due for a while now. I hope the bad thread juju won't claim yet another victim. 

I feel extra vulnerable because this thread also had an appetite for Jettas a while back. 

lol yeah, my dad worked in the trade back when that thing was in cars. Lots of head gaskets. Thats also when flat rate started becoming a thing, so lots of shortcuts were made on those repairs. 

What really matters is the mileage. 1 year isn't too bad for an oil change. 

29 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Technically the fastest way through a corner is to make it straight and ignore the cones 

but then this can happen...

and there's kind of a time penalty lol

Lolcones

DSC00107.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

DSC00295.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

DSC00290.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

37 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

LOL "driver excuse"

not gonna lie that thing is pretty quick tho. It's way too quiet, Needs petrol engine lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

LOL "driver excuse"

not gonna lie that thing is pretty quick tho. It's way too quiet, Needs petrol engine lol

It is a petrol engine. :D 1 liter, 3 cylinder.

They just haven't put an exhaust on it. It's currently away to have JRZ suspension fitted to it. It's probably not long until they deal with the breaks and the exhaust as well.

Soon my car will no longer sound supercharged. £75 for a new aux tensioner :/

Then at some point will be fitted with a sportex cat back with a 4" tip :)

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

KTUNED IS CANADIAN AND I'M PROUD 

Also their time attack cars are bloody quick

DSC00335.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

14 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

It is a petrol engine. :D 1 liter, 3 cylinder.

They just haven't put an exhaust on it. It's currently away to have JRZ suspension fitted to it. It's probably not long until they deal with the breaks and the exhaust as well.

Oh haha. I see the big torque number and how quiet it was and thought "diesel" lol

the JRZ suspension is gonna make a big difference, they make really nice stuff. 

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Oh haha. I see the big torque number and how quiet it was and thought "diesel" lol

the JRZ suspension is gonna make a big difference, they make really nice stuff. 

Yeah. They have two other cars with JRZ suspension as well. A GT86, and an M2. The GT86 have had 'some' work done to it.

18252791_843866979101331_337288340433167

Let's play a game: LS swapped or nah? 

@bcredeur97 @warmmilk

DSC00360.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97 @warmmilk

-snip-

what kind of game is that? it's impossible to tell in a picture xD

yeah. sure. it's LS swapped

Spoiler

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Not much from me. Toyota needs to shitcan all their designers and start from square one. Their new stuff is some of the most repulsive designs I've ever seen. 

Too bad, I really like the new design but I agree some things needs polishing. What I hate about Lexus is their choice of engines, some slow turbo 4 cylinder or even slower hybrid v6. They won't sell IS/RC350 in Europe but they will sell you an F model which then gets taxed to hell.

I use my phone to post on here. Auto correct always messes up the grammar in my posts (auto correct changed in to on like wtf stupid machine)

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I use my phone to post on here. Auto correct always messes up the grammar in my posts (auto correct changed in to on like wtf stupid machine)

phones pls

Me every time i have to return a really nice rental car

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

11 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97 @warmmilk

DSC00360.JPG

My vote is yes 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.