Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I see this car everyday at work and can't figure out if it's lowered or not. Help. 

~snip~

I would say slightly lowered. Normally the wheels wouldn't be tucked under like that. There would be just a little more of a gap.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I would say slightly lowered. Normally the wheels wouldn't be tucked under like that. There would be just a little more of a gap.

I'm going with this

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Saying there would be more slow drivers after increasing the limit doesn't makes sense. Care to explain? IMO it would create a more unified flow because those who like to "stick to the limit" would now be travelling more closely to the same speed as everyone else who were already used to travelling +20 over the old limit on that particular road. 

Realistically I don't see that happening. Too many people here that drive under the limit already. Add in the people that don't want to go quicker (old people, people with shit cars, and people that don't realize the limit was changed) and I believe there would be an increase in slow drivers.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And we've landed here, again.

Something that annoys me is when there's basically no traffic and I'm doing the limit (because hey guess what, it's still the limit and when you learn to drive in totalitarian places when you can be jailed for fun for doing 1 over, you do the limit) it's a bit fucking irritating when people tailgate or fly past you and cut back in your lane because they're beyond impatient.

Guess what, I am the flow of traffic.

I hang within the limit, and see this shit a lot too. Like I said, I usually meet these people at the traffic light once I hit town. Its great. 

Around here there aren't that many cops anymore. Basically the state isn't paying the state patrol good enough and struggling to recruit so they've all been relocating or going to PDs. I still go the limit though, because if I get tickets I won't have a job. 

3 hours ago, sonarctica said:

Dunno how much Lexus gets love here but the new LC looks so good

Not much from me. Toyota needs to shitcan all their designers and start from square one. Their new stuff is some of the most repulsive designs I've ever seen. 

UIaTK2v.jpg

that was a good looking car however.

13 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I see this car everyday at work and can't figure out if it's lowered or not. Help. 

Looks like 1 inch lower. 

UN4yAyN.jpg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

when you walk away from something like that... crazy. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

27 minutes ago, vetali said:
-snip-

Racing safety tech is awesome these days. Only gets better every year it seems too.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

23 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You mean all four wheels are suppposed to be on the ground in turns? Where have these rules been all my life?

welll ...... not really .. but could be more grip if all 4 were on the ground ... no? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Racing safety tech is awesome these days. Only gets better every year it seems too.

If we had this tech back when Dale Earnhardt crashed we'd still have him. I wonder if it takes  toll on his son that his dad crashed (blocking)  to keep his son in the lead. And that crash killed him

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

33 minutes ago, vetali said:

Where do you think our safety improvements come from. Cars don't crash themselves. :P

#nascariscrashtest 

Did my own oil change on this car for the first time today. Ordinarily, I hate using the jack, but the prices being charged for synthetic 0w-20 at the local mechanic is quite outrageous. 

I suppose if nothing is leaking or blowing up after my brief test drive, it means I did something right. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

welll ...... not really .. but could be more grip if all 4 were on the ground ... no? 

Yeah that's why I don't get why autocrossers seem to be obsessed with giant sway bars. Eventually you'll be three wheeling on corners and that's an entire tires worth of grip you're  not getting

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Did my own oil change on this car for the first time today. Ordinarily, I hate using the jack, but the prices being charged for synthetic 0w-20 at the local mechanic is quite outrageous. 

I suppose if nothing is leaking or blowing up after my brief test drive, it means I did something right. 

Its an easy car to do an oil change in. I use amsoil xl so its like 45 bucks an oil change. 

15 hours ago, KingCry said:

18582328_1761364157212151_90113769694910

slightly slammed rwd b5's though are were its at

did someone say B5?!?!?!? :x ^^^pelican blue is bae. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

20 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

When someone calls my 9-5 a 9-3

PbRuJuJ.png

http://www.convertimagetotext.net/imagetotextconverter.php you're welcome

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

14 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

They are when they're underage and really shouldn't be dressing what way.

See above.

Google it.

But is it ok if the person seeing is also underaged?... 

4 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Probably not.

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its an easy car to do an oil change in. I use amsoil xl so its like 45 bucks an oil change. 

Mobil 1 euro 0w-40 FTW :P 

Spoiler

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Probably not.

thanks for the moral guidance Mr. AlwaysFSX :P 

5 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

No.

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

No.

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

No.

double post ftw 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

double post ftw 

Doesn't show up as a double post for me...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Doesn't show up as a double post for me...

wtf. I'm so confused. It saw the post twice, refreshed the ´page and now it disappeared... My bad. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

wtf. I'm so confused. It saw the post twice, refreshed the ´page and now it disappeared... My bad. 

This forum is weird lol

Spoiler

Washed, used detailer, then waxed my car. Too forever looks so nice. Plus side my rims are black with clear coat so I did the same to them as well.

IMG_20170528_140632.jpg

IMG_20170528_140559.jpg

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

12 minutes ago, vetali said:

It is. Even without crawling in all the way, the oil drain bolt is easy to find, and the filter goes straight up. I used the Valvoline SynPro here as it was on sale with a Wix filter, and is, at least, a moderately reputable brand. 

I also like how I got out nearly exactly as much as I put in. Car is burning virtually nothing. 

Now, I wonder how easy the Chrysler 2.7 will go in my parent's Charger, the next (badly overdue) one on the list. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah that's why I don't get why autocrossers seem to be obsessed with giant sway bars. Eventually you'll be three wheeling on corners and that's an entire tires worth of grip you're  not getting

Fastest way through a corner! 

DSC09939.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB