Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

T'was a good muffin.

And I'm here fighting this Java code with 700 lines. fml >_>

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

So much yes

2016-Stone-Motorsport-Speedhunters-by-Pa

still can't beat this.

2016 Stone Motorsport Speedhunters by Paddy McGrath-37

they built a lot of the building around this car. they built the first floor, put the car in the cavity, and build the upstairs on top of it. pretty neat if you ask me.

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Cars are just overpriced now

really they are. i mean even a base model corolla still starts above 20 grand. i bought mine with 18 inch aftermarket wheels for 19.

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I want an Opel speedster now...

imo they're really ugly, but i think they can be a great miata competitor.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

still can't beat this.

they built a lot of the building around this car. they built the first floor, put the car in the cavity, and build the upstairs on top of it. pretty neat if you ask me.

That Evo is just perfect to my eyes *-*

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Anyone know why Ken Block gets so much hate? He's actually a really skilled driver, both when it comes to drifting and rally. Jealousy maybe? IDK. Regardless this was posted yesterday

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

They hate us, cuz they anus.

The long: Block is a good stunt/show driver, but when it comes to stage rally he falls short of the bar. When he was doing Rally America he was pretty good for the car he had (circa HFHV era and a bit before) but when SRT USA stepped up their game, he just didn't have the talent to respond. He makes a lot of mistakes in stage rally, and it sort of shows in the amount of takes required for gymkhana - granted, I understand its not something that can be done in one take but thats one of the main criticisms of block.

But what do they know, they don't have several 600+ hp AWD monsters to play around in.

Now that he's doing World Rally X with proper factory built cars, we can get a better judgement of how well he drives in a fast paced environment. He consistently gets beaten by his teammate. Even when he did WRC Mexico (Spain?) that one year (before he crashed out) he was still a couple of seconds off the pace but I'll chock that one up to unfamiliarity with such a dusty and rough environment.

Like Rosberg, Block is as much family man as he is racecar driver. He absolutely puts his wife and kids in Park City, Utah above all else and his shenanigans with his two Huskies (Yuki and Bentley) make him much more down to earth than some might think. Plus, he's got Hoonigan RD to run.

IMO 2013 was the peak of his rally career, since after that the competition caught up. 100 Acre woods used to be his event. He was close to beating Higgins, but then he crashed out.

The short: he crashes a lot if you actually follow it closely

And then of course this

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Ever heard a BRZ called a "Burrz"?

Now you have

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Ever heard a BRZ called a "Burrz"?

Now you have

Carlos Lagos was doing it a long time ago

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Carlos Lagos was doing it a long time ago

-snip-

I was calling it a "burrz" since like, it came out? lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

damn, that's a sick ass jacket. i want it. http://superstreetgarage.com/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

34 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Why not an Elise?

(same shit, different smell)

because i've seen a few Elise's but Opel's weren't available here so you never see them lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

because i've seen a few Elise's but Opel's weren't available here so you never see them lol

I've seen a few of both. I'd still take the untouched Elise.

GM does things...

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I've seen a few of both. I'd still take the untouched Elise.

GM does things...

to be quite frank, id take either. lol

Spoiler

I love how im just sitting here with 2,999 posts

Spoiler

I know the feels :P

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I wish offtopic posts counted, kinda dumb that they dont

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I wish offtopic posts counted, kinda dumb that they dont

We and the anime fucks would be the top posts if that was the case.

And well, they want to "reward" those that post useful stuff I guess (shtiposters tho lmao *cough* @don_svetlio *cough*)

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

We and the anime fucks would be the top posts if that was the case.

And well, they want to "reward" those that post useful stuff I guess (shtiposters tho lmao *cough* @don_svetlio *cough*)

what did that person do? lol

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I'm not sure if my posts have gone up since 2015 I main this thread plus I'm a super lurker. 

mine haven't gone up much at all in the past year or two... spend most of my time on here.

Spoiler

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

My posts have been pretty stagnant for a while.

I know you have your whole evil plan to sit there and wait for me to ask this but....

when you gonna fix your sig? lol

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

mine haven't gone up much at all in the past year or two... spend most of my time on here.

Mine have because posts in Box Box box count :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

I know you have your whole evil plan to sit there and wait for me to ask this but....

when you gonna fix your sig? lol

NEVER

DON'T CHANGE IT @vinyldash303

@bcredeur97

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

Mine have because posts in Box Box box count :)

i should probably make my '3000th' post there... don't what to do with it though..

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i should probably make my '3000th' post there... don't what to do with it though..

Your first impressions of Porsche Pack 3 in 11 days time :)

Folding@Home | BOINC