Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

-21*C this morning.. Was tempted to see if my car would start

But i couldn't be arsed to go outside

That really shouldn't be a problem yet.

It's currently -21F or -29.4C here and now some people are having issues. Garages FTW.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That really shouldn't be a problem yet.

It's currently -21F or -29.4C here and now some people are having issues. Garages FTW.

Either way.. If the temps keep dropping like this i'm just going  to hibernate  -_-

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Either way.. If the temps keep dropping like this i'm just going  to hibernate  -_-

I didn't leave the house yesterday because it was cold and I didn't wanna go...  :ph34r:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Lol u guys complain about -20, I complain when it's in the 40's xD

So used to warm weather and it need gets super cold here so we all can't stand even minor cold temps lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It's been in the 40F-60F here so far this winter. Can't say I miss the cold (would normally be in the 0F to -20F range the last place I lived), but I do miss doing this stuff:

My old Legacy on snow tires was a beast, even though it was NA and Automatic. This was one of the tamer things I did with it  :P. At least now I get work off if there's even a chance it will snow; so at least I have that going for me.

I was looking into an Audi A4 / A6 (Early 2000s)

I remembered why I wasn't a fan of them. Gas mileage, absolutely awful. Plus going for about 5K, maybe if they were closer to 3K I'd consider it.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I remembered why I wasn't a fan of them. Gas mileage, absolutely awful. Plus going for about 5K, maybe if they were closer to 3K I'd consider it.

honestly the a6 from that time looks ugly as hell too. i'd own a mid-late 2000s audi a6/ preferrably rs6 or s6

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

honestly the a6 from that time looks ugly as hell too. i'd own a mid-late 2000s audi a6/ preferrably rs6 or s6

I don't mind the looks. Not the best looking, but not ugly either.

I'm in love with this one

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5392373989.html

AWD, V8, making 300 HP and 290 Torque. Pretty damn nice.

I actually don't mind those. Wouldn't own one because of all the shit Audi drivers get around here though.

(Because they are tailgating at all times)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I actually don't mind those. Wouldn't own one because of all the shit Audi drivers get around here though.

(Because they are tailgating at all times)

I've never been much of an Audi guy, until a friend of mine got an A6 with the V8, I loved driving it. His was an 08 I believe 

I don't mind the looks. Not the best looking, but not ugly either.

I'm in love with this one

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5392373989.html

AWD, V8, making 300 HP and 290 Torque. Pretty damn nice.

something like this would be nicer though.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/5404051747.html

if only they took a picture of the DAMN ENGINE. they say 10 cylinders. i say bullshit unless you got a picture. only the rs6 i'm pretty sure got a v10.

edit: fuck nvm it's a v10 in the s6 too. i always thought only the rs6 got the v10 treatment.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've never been much of an Audi guy, until a friend of mine got an A6 with the V8, I loved driving it. His was an 08 I believe 

I haven't been much of an audi guy either :/ 

I had the opposite experience. Drove my moms audi 100 and it broke down on the highway

The balls on this man

something like this would be nicer though.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/5404051747.html

if only they took a picture of the DAMN ENGINE. they say 10 cylinders. i say bullshit unless you got a picture. only the rs6 i'm pretty sure got a v10.

edit: fuck nvm it's a v10 in the s6 too. i always thought only the rs6 got the v10 treatment.

Not a fan of the looks at all. Too flashy

I haven't been much of an audi guy either :/ 

I had the opposite experience. Drove my moms audi 100 and it broke down on the highway

I've never really looked into German cars much, other than the Golf R32, and the 325I. Kinda a new genre of cars to me

Not a fan of the looks at all. Too flashy

doesn't look flashy at all to me. i prefer it to the older ones.

I've never really looked into German cars much, other than the Golf R32, and the 325I. Kinda a new genre of cars to me

i'm actually kinda half german, half japanese. but i'm leaning more german for DDs, japanese for enthusiasts.

i'm actually kinda half german, half japanese. but i'm leaning more german for DDs, japanese for enthusiasts.

I've always been Japanese and classic American, nothing after the 80's, or the 70's for the most part

I've always been Japanese and classic American, nothing after the 80's, or the 70's for the most part

never liked american cars at all. too big for my liking

There are some gems to be found in there^^

japanische Autos sind absolute Scheiße

There are some gems to be found in there^^

?????

never liked american cars at all. too big for my liking

Modern ones, yes. Classics, just right. I'm also a big guy standing at 6'5" 280. Not exactly the type of person you'd see in a Miata any time soon, how I'd love one. But I'm just too tall.

I giggled at that one.

Modern ones, yes. Classics, just right. I'm also a big guy standing at 6'5" 280. Not exactly the type of person you'd see in a Miata any time soon, how I'd love one. But I'm just too tall.

ok, i'm the exact opposite. i like the modern muscle cars more than the old ones. just me.

ok, i'm the exact opposite. i like the modern muscle cars more than the old ones. just me.

Too many electronics for them to be Muscle cars anymore. GT cars maybe, not muscle.