Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Too many electronics for them to be Muscle cars anymore. GT cars maybe, not muscle.

but i like electronics. well in the interior only. i can't stand when everything is manual in a car, including windows. in the engine, i can't deal with carbs and no power steering or power brakes or even cruise control. it has to have those features plus fuel injection. fuel injection is a must for any car i drive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

but i like electronics. well in the interior only. i can't stand when everything is manual in a car, including windows. in the engine, i can't deal with carbs and no power steering or power brakes or even cruise control. it has to have those features plus fuel injection. fuel injection is a must for any car i drive.

I'm the opposite. I like manual windows, no power steering, and absolutely love carburetors. They all add character, and fun. Safety, not so much. But it makes it such a fun time.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

?????

Ah.. Misread. thought you wrote "Learning more german for DDs. Japanese for entusiasts"
I should probably go find my glasses...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Speaking of muscle cars. Here's my great uncle's baby. Such a fun time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/wK8h0qsUvCg1mOvZhKYV6NEO4D8TK97ciyovU0/

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'm the opposite. I like manual windows, no power steering, and absolutely love carburetors. They all add character, and fun. Safety, not so much. But it makes it such a fun time.

92226-Tom-Cruise-hugs-Val-Kilmer-gif-58O

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

well since i was born in the digital age, that's kinda the reason. i love computers in cars, so long they don't interfere with power creation. anywhere else its great.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

92226-Tom-Cruise-hugs-Val-Kilmer-gif-58O

lJnrURQ.gif

Top Gun all the way :D

well since i was born in the digital age, that's kinda the reason. i love computers in cars, so long they don't interfere with power creation. anywhere else its great.

I was born in the digital age also. 1998, but electronics in cars I'm not a fan of, other than a decent stereo, sometimes.

I like to keep electronics in a car to the bare necessities for it to run and drive and be fun

I was born in the digital age also. 1998, but electronics in acrs I'm not a fan of, other than a decent stereo, sometimes.

and plus, tbh, i have finer control of how much power i can make, as an example. i can use my computer to dial in how much fuel is injected, how much air can be allowed in, etc. carbs just suck in air and fuel, and it's kinda crude really.

and plus, tbh, i have finer control of how much power i can make, as an example. i can use my computer to dial in how much fuel is injected, how much air can be allowed in, etc. carbs just suck in air and fuel, and it's kinda crude really.

That's what makes it fun, IMO the only reason a computer should be in a car is if you're on your way to a LAN

I'd do some regrettable things for one of these bad boys

Very very different cars now that I think about it

That's what makes it fun, IMO the only reason a computer should be in a car is if you're on your way to a LAN

i can still have fun with EFI cars. i mean i've never seen a big block chevy rev to as high as 9000rpm like a honda v6 would. and with turbos, its even more fun.

i can still have fun with EFI cars. i mean i've never seen a big block chevy rev to as high as 9000rpm like a honda v6 would. and with turbos, its even more fun.

What you get with a V8 can't be replaced with a 4 or 6 cylinder, the huge mountains of torque, the insane sounds. It can't be replicated.

Here are 2 of the only modern cars I'd drop my own money into

And that ND is pushing it, I'd take an NA all day over a ND

What you get with a V8 can't be replaced with a 4 or 6 cylinder, the huge mountains of torque, the insane sounds. It can't be replicated.

the only v8 i will like is a bmw s62 or an audi 4.2 v8. nothing else. and a twin turbo v6 can match the torque a v8 creates.

the only v8 i will like is a bmw s62 or an audi 4.2 v8. nothing else. and a twin turbo v6 can match the torque a v8 creates.

BMW v12's sound the best.

Matt Farah can fit in a NA Miata, maybe I can too (2 inches shorter than me). I'd have to find out from personal experience though

not really a big fan of bmw v12s. they're single cam and single point injection. i think audi (really vw's) w12 is better.

lamborghinis v12s sound better :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

lamborghinis v12s sound better :P

Pay 7,000 or pay 250,000

hmmmm

if i had a back yard this is exactly what it would look like but i have an apartment but at least it comes with a garage 

i hope the crosley and the modelt arent sitting in a shared garage at your apartment complex... 

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Won't ever be right off the line though. And you need forced air to do that. Most people that use v8s are also using small Block chevys, not big blocks. Either way.

Here something interesting: what do your guys climate controls look like? I'm wondering if your guys "off function is on the zone knob or the blower speed knob.

blower speed knob.

Won't ever be right off the line though. And you need forced air to do that. Most people that use v8s are also using small Block chevys, not big blocks. Either way.

Here something interesting: what do your guys climate controls look like? I'm wondering if your guys "off function is on the zone knob or the blower speed knob.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

VW_Golf_MK5_manualAC_rings_1.jpeg

Blower speed knob

I've always prefered it on the blower knob. "What you want, where you want it, and how much"

Mine is always set on 2

3 is too loud. 1 is useless

Might have to make a roadtip to Ikea soon, closest one is 2 hours away. But I'm thinking it's time for a proper desk.