Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Well no of course, they are from the 80's after all

so then it would be relatively cheap to insure.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Holy shit.. I'm at over 4000 posts  :o

you and fsx are. i'm gettin there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

so then it would be relatively cheap to insure.

I'm not sure how much it would be though.

I'd look into getting one, but insurance is holding me back

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

If there is one thing I could change about it, it would be nothing because it's perfect

4920ccf20c7a8c4a56ad416600b08335_large.j

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

i hope the crosley and the modelt arent sitting in a shared garage at your apartment complex... 

not shared private 1 car garage and my model t is stored in a "shed" that on the land on the apartment (they are more of town houses not a really a multi story apartment complex) 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

So I saw a Chevy II for sale. $3,500. Almost tempted to call the guy.

I have over 2K posts in this thread alone. I wish offtopic posts counted for posts all over the forums.

Me too. :ph34r:

If there is one thing I could change about it, it would be nothing because it's perfect

just a little bit more low. :D

Honestly considering getting a 02-04 WRX and just accepting that I'll get raped by insurance. I mean, I've wanted one since they were new, and I can get one in decent shape for about 3K. Which would leave some budget for mods and that type of stuff.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Honestly considering getting a 02-04 WRX and just accepting that I'll get raped by insurance. I mean, I've wanted one since they were new, and I can get one in decent shape for about 3K. Which would leave some budget for mods and that type of stuff.

i mean if you don't mind the insurance, go for it. i want an e39 m5 and it's like 160 a month, but that doesn't stop me. i found one for 10 grand, and if i don't like it, i'll see something else, maybe negotiate on one for 10 or less.

but.. head gaskets :(

But. One of my dream cars.

i mean if you don't mind the insurance, go for it. i want an e39 m5 and it's like 160 a month, but that doesn't stop me. i found one for 10 grand, and if i don't like it, i'll see something else, maybe negotiate on one for 10 or less.

I wish my budget was that high, but my max is half of that.

I wish my budget was that high, but my max is half of that.

i mean in reality i might have only 5 grand myself, maybe my dad could help me out. then maybe i might drop another 5 grand changing it up to my taste.

So I saw a Chevy II for sale. $3,500. Almost tempted to call the guy.

giphy.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

But. One of my dream cars.

I'd wait maybe 2 or 3 more years. By that time your insurance rates will be lower and you might have more money

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Same.  -_-

If I'm able to get a Subie, I'll more than likely blast pipe it. Just a sound I've always loved. But then again, my neighbors will hate me every morning.

I mean, I'll love it, so much. Seems worth it to me

I'd wait maybe 2 or 3 more years. By that time your insurance rates will be lower and you might have more money

True. Any suggestions for a good RWD / AWD car that's pretty quick for around 5K USD?

Also love your profile picture.

If I'm able to get a Subie, I'll more than likely blast pipe it. Just a sound I've always loved. But then again, my neighbors will hate me every morning.

i approve of that move. sounds good. :D

\(´◓Д◔`)/

My emotions right now

if you can guess the name of this car i will be very impressed  

post-116840-0-53043100-1453067690.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

if you can guess the name of this car i will be very impressed  

attachicon.gif53472145-770-0.jpg

I googled it and now i know what its called. Won't say what it is. But i like it

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I googled it and now i know what its called. Won't say what it is. But i like it

I did the same

i want a subie soo bad, and id do the same xD my neighbors already hate me, my snow machine has an Mbrp race can and my bike has an fmf power core 4, which i haven't touched the jetting yet so it likes to after fire, and boy is it loud xD, as you can tell i like my loud stuff.......

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

True. Any suggestions for a good RWD / AWD car that's pretty quick for around 5K USD?

Also love your profile picture.

Thanks, Corgis are the best :D

Car wise, can't really help you as I live in Germany and we do have a completely different used marked, compared to the US. I quite like the Legacy, but I haven't driven that much. If you're alright with FWD, then have a look at the Focus/Fiesta ST. They're great fun to drive and should be available in your price bracket in reasonable condition

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

i want a subie soo bad, and id do the same xD my neighbors already hate me, my snow machine has an Mbrp race can and my bike has an fmf power core 4, which i haven't touched the jetting yet so it likes to after fire, and boy is it loud xD, as you can tell i like my loud stuff.......

I mean, the S10 we had was loud as shit, muffler fell off, you could honestly hear it a mile away