Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

One car i'd love to own 

Triumph_Spitfire_MkIV_in_Morges_2012_-_2

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

One car i'd love to own

Awe dude I would adore that too haha xD love those

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Awe dude I would adore that too haha xD love those

It also has a great name xD

Someone says "I drive a nissan micra. What have you got?"

"I drive a Triumph Spitfire"

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It also has a great name xD

Someone says "I drive a nissan micra. What have you got?"

"I drive a Triumph Spitfire"

Haha yeah! Vaguely reminds me of the old spitfire planes.

But yeah once you say what your car is you automatically sound awesome xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Haha yeah! Vaguely reminds me of the old spitfire planes.

But yeah once you say what your car is you automatically sound awesome xD

One of the worst ones i've heard is one of my friends

I asked him what he was driving nowadays and he answered with 

"Kia Carens"...

Karens in swedish means to pass something up for some time... What a shit name for a car

One of the worst ones i've heard is one of my friends

I asked him what he was driving nowadays and he answered with

"Kia Carens"...

Karens in swedish means to pass something up for some time... What a shit name for a car

Wow lol. That is terrible.

Was going to put something terrible that I thought of but can't think of anything off the top of my head right now lol

Spoiler

Wow lol. That is terrible.

Was going to put something terrible that I thought of but can't think of anything off the top of my head right now lol

The honda fit had to be called the honda jazz here.

Because fit was too close to the word fitta (Which means cunt)  :lol:

The honda fit had to be called the honda jazz here.

Because fit was too close to the word fitta (Which means cunt)  :lol:

I do know that kia has no soul

:P

Spoiler

Liking it so far?

It needs a full restore.

We're working on it, gonna replace the 305 with a 350 because the 305 is so worn down. But the whole interior needs work.

Soon to be tuned, just a litlebit.. 650hp supercharger kit.

post-31812-0-46642200-1452999317.png

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

hmm autocross helmet cam + these http://www.amazon.com/LOW-NOISE-IN-EAR-BINAURAL-MICS/dp/B002N6PAMM

:P that would be fun

Spoiler

Well the oil in the explorer wasn't as bad or as past the change as expected, and due to it being rainy when we were changing it, no video. Also found out that the thermostat is stuck open, and the front diff is leaking out the back. Autozone also sold me the wrong filter, so we had to make another run and pick up a proper one. Strangly there was 5 quarts that came out although I'm pretty sure it only takes 4, so I called it good and put 4 and 3/4 in. Gonna check it for leaks tomorrow after idling it a while and its getting new wipers at that time as well. Such a hoopty

did you go to quick a oil change place?

I usually bring the suburban to one since I really dont have time to change oil on 3 cars lol (plus I care about the suburban the least LOL) but anyways... they go way too fast at most of them... no way they're draining ALL of the oil, so that could explain why you have more than you need.

Spoiler

i know this isnt a car but look at the 50s automotive styling on this boat  all you need is a bel air in the same color with a trailer hitch  

497_SILVER_ARROW.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

also wtf is this

fe01eb2.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

also wtf is this

offroad tuk tuk?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

also wtf is this

-snip-

Looks kinda if you look to the left you will see desert, if you look to the right you will see desert kinda thing. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

offroad tuk tuk?

Looks kinda if you look to the left you will see desert, if you look to the right you will see desert kinda thing. :D

its a burning man car  usually they come out cool but this ones just weird 

a cab over you have got me interested and trust me that is a hard thing to do (just ask some of the other forum members  :lol: )

also since were talking about tool boxes all go snap a pic of mine

I cant remember what year it is off hand. My brother bought it as basically just a cab and motor(which he isnt using) its frame was cut right behind the cab. He using using the cab and parts from a diesel van(motor, front end, rear end) and making the other parts it needs. He has already chopped which didnt turn out that bad. 

here my tool box dont mind the mess

what mess? that is all clean from my view point.

this is what im used to working with lol

ijdPHno.jpg

JaSi6Hx.jpg

aNI9ODu.jpg

iAG1IMm.jpg

EUjgEHL.jpg

X9i4JNn.jpg

hJMnANN.jpg

and that is just out on the back patio of my parents house not even going into the garage lol

I cant remember what year it is off hand. My brother bought it as basically just a cab and motor(which he isnt using) its frame was cut right behind the cab. He using using the cab and parts from a diesel van(motor, front end, rear end) and making the other parts it needs. He has already chopped which didnt turn out that bad. 

what mess? that is all clean from my view point.

this is what im used to working with lol

and that is just out on the back patio of my parents house not even going into the garage lol

if i had a back yard this is exactly what it would look like but i have an apartment but at least it comes with a garage 

I guess people expect my car to have traction control, and when the wheels start spinning at an icy stoplight they react really slowly.

I also saw a Mercury Cougar LS. Someone must've really liked that particular car to import it.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I guess people expect my car to have traction control, and when the wheels start spinning at an icy stoplight they react really slowly.

I also saw a Mercury Cougar LS. Someone must've really liked that particular car to import it.

Was scary icy out just now. Traction control kicked in a bunch of times, stability control a couple of times as well.

Was scary icy out just now. Traction control kicked in a bunch of times, stability control a couple of times as well.

I have a feeling it's about to get really icy in here too. It has been -15 for a while, now it's sunny and -5. I see icy roads coming.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Dream build here.

Absolutely in love with this

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

-21*C this morning.. Was tempted to see if my car would start

But i couldn't be arsed to go outside