Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Mine is always set on 2

3 is too loud. 1 is useless

i leave mine on 2 most of the time as well too.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Won't ever be right off the line though. And you need forced air to do that. Most people that use v8s are also using small Block chevys, not big blocks. Either way.

Here something interesting: what do your guys climate controls look like? I'm wondering if your guys "off function is on the zone knob or the blower speed knob.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The same as Techswede's, but on mine VW decided to call the AC button ECON and it's flashing when the aircon is off. No idea why you would design it that way.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Won't ever be right off the line though. And you need forced air to do that. Most people that use v8s are also using small Block chevys, not big blocks. Either way.

Here something interesting: what do your guys climate controls look like? I'm wondering if your guys "off function is on the zone knob or the blower speed knob.

I have a power button for it.

i think thi is legit my favorite thread.... and its talking about cars in a tech forum, who would have thought, this is a good all around forum

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

i think thi is legit my favorite thread.... and its talking about cars in a tech forum, who would have thought, this is a good all around forum

lmao we try to include everybody. except train lovers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

lmao we try to include everybody. except train lovers.

lol ya i seen that, poor winut, he just wants to talk about trains :,( although he got to on an ocaison i think last month while we were talking about rolling coal

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

i really cant wait to start my camaro build and post some pictures of the progress, been slow lately, only thing that we really got done is removed the lambo door hinges and painted the engine bay, and bought a motor for it

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

lol ya i seen that, poor winut, he just wants to talk about trains :,( although he got to on an ocaison i think last month while we were talking about rolling coal

actually lately i haven't seen @WinNut on ltt lately.

So, this year should be eventful, getting a car (No idea what I'll get), puppy (as I've mentioned before), new PC, hopefully a new desk and chair.Probably gonna spend around 8K on all of this stuff this year.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

actually lately i haven't seen @WinNut on ltt lately.

me neither, just the ocaisional time on random threads i mostly see you guys about, then the occasional new guy

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

me neither, just the ocaisional time on random threads i mostly see you guys about, then the occasional new guy

I don't stray from this thread much.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So, this year should be eventful, getting a car (No idea what I'll get), puppy (as I've mentioned before), new PC, hopefully a new desk and chair.Probably gonna spend around 8K on all of this stuff this year.

lol im 2/3 for this xD new puppy in two weeks, car in the middle of the summer once i get my g2 (canadian liscense where your finally allowed to drive by yourself) and maybe a new chair since the one im using i picked up for 20$ and had to weld the back rest onto the chair since it was starting to wobble :/

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

me neither, except for if i have actual tech questions and its critical that i get my pc back online, or help out a few new members on their builds. mainly why im not at 3k posts or more xD

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

when i check my notifications. the first thing i look for is this thread. even before other threads.

lol im 2/3 for this xD new puppy in two weeks, car in the middle of the summer once i get my g2 (canadian liscense where your finally allowed to drive by yourself) and maybe a new chair since the one im using i picked up for 20$ and had to weld the back rest onto the chair since it was starting to wobble :/

My "desk" is a plastic table, the type most people use for beer pong. But no idea what I'm gonna get for a car, max budget is 5K, I'd rather get an automatic simply because it'll be my only car, and RWD preferably or AWD. I'll be looking mostly at Japanese and a few German cars. I have no idea what I'll be parking in my garage and getting under all the time. Whatever it is, it'll be something I love, and not FWD. (Love drifting too much)

me neither, except for if i have actual tech questions and its critical that i get my pc back online, or help out a few new members on their builds. mainly why im not at 3k posts or more xD

I have over 2K posts in this thread alone. I wish offtopic posts counted for posts all over the forums.

when i check my notifications. the first thing i look for is this thread. even before other threads.

Same here

I have over 2K posts in this thread alone. I wish offtopic posts counted for posts all over the forums.

i'm almost hitting 4000. i need this milestone to come sooner.

Anyone know how much it would cost to insure a 86 Vette for a 18 y/o?

I'm almost positive I can't afford the insurance on one I'd imagine

i'm almost hitting 4000. i need this milestone to come sooner.

I'm about to hit 2300

Anyone know how much it would cost to insure a 86 Vette for a 18 y/o?

I'm almost positive I can't afford the insurance on one I'd imagine

almost thought you said jetta. wow. but its an 80s car, probably not much.

I'm about to hit 2300

i'm at 3889. well 3890 once i post

I mean, they're pretty quick, RWD, with a V8. 

5.7 to 60 IIRC

I mean, they're pretty quick, RWD, with a V8. 

5.7 to 60 IIRC

but its not as valuable as corvettes today.

but its not as valuable as corvettes today.

Well no of course, they are from the 80's after all

Holy shit.. I'm at over 4000 posts  :o

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"