Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

6 foot 4 and some change. 178 pounds.

Blessed are the tall. For we shall inherit the Earth...or be tall enough to breathe over the low lying pollution clouds. Who knows.

I recently found pictures of myself in 2013 and...shit. It's scary how thin I was. I mean I'm hardly bulky now, but I filled out enough.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

42 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Don't miss the struts trying to go thru the hood though do you?

Nah, my next one wont have that issue

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, Ross Siggers said:

Then you feel the blood dripping out of your ears and you regret life.

With a proper engine tuning you don't ?

(Had straight pipes on my TVR....it was the sound of angels having an orgasm)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 hours ago, veldora said:

It's my system I have in it. I'm using two twelve inch subwoofers at 650 watts each 

Just put in another battery and upgrade your charging system. Remember P=VI so (worst case) you only need to draw 55amps. 

8 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just put in another battery and upgrade your charging system. Remember P=VI so (worst case) you only need to draw 55amps. 

become the meme

1r6pqn.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

16 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

Thanks for the answer. Now, talking about the 4B11T or the 4G63T (my favorite engines): Is it possible to get something around 400 or even 500 engine HP with the right parts and tune, without a stroker kit? I know it will be expansive, but I'm just curious to know how drag racers get so much power on their engine without harming the block and transmission too much. 

PS: I know about the problem that EVOs have with the transfer case and differantials, so, I mean, in which point exactly in terms of Horsepower and Torque, should I be worried with that?

some do come stock with 400hp .. so probably a few simple mods and a tune would get you to 500ish hp if you cant get the 400hp ones. No need for a stroker kit.

The transfer case shouldnt be an issue as long as you dont launch it hard... but it can and will even go out on stock hp evos. In theory it could hold like 700hp. But the transfer case will fail at some point anyways ... its just a matter of when and where. but the general idea is that higher the hp and the more you launch it, the faster it will go boom 

So if you plan to upgrade the power, i would get an upgraded diff and transfercase, transmissions seem to be fine ... as long as they are the 5 speed manual, Manual 6 speeds (evo 9 only IIRC ) are not as strong and the gear ratios are not as good. I think the 6 speed SST was also quite strong but has a known issue of overheating in start-stop traffic

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Excuse you! Nothing wrong with the good ole' refined inline 6 ;) 

It just suits a proper exhaust more than other layout engines, I find.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I can’t use airplane bathrooms because my back is pressed against the nasty ass wall

OH MY GOD SAME. Long flights suck trying to use those blasted things.

*edit* Shit I double posted. Strike me down oh mighty forum mods xD 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

52 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

And put this battery where? I have a small engine bay as it is, and there's nowhere else to put it. Is it possible to get a upgraded alternator for my car? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

54 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

become the meme

It’s a supercharger for your battery. V-TEC for your TEC.

8 minutes ago, veldora said:

And put this battery where? I have a small engine bay as it is, and there's nowhere else to put it. Is it possible to get a upgraded alternator for my car? 

Batteries are so much cheaper just put it in the boot. If your boot is big enough for 2 12s why not a battery? Just mount it in with the spare tyre. Be creative.

Tbh if your car can’t handle the power draw then it’s not a good idea to run it.

I'm new to the club, who here has the highest mileage car? The only thing cool about my car is it has 428k Miles and it's bright blue

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

@Emanbaird That's damn impressive, what is it? ALso welcome XD 

My old man had a Ford that was on around 280,000 miles, but it was scrapped for corrosion. Engine was sweet though, shame.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Just now, Ross Siggers said:

@Emanbaird That's damn impressive, what is it? ALso welcome XD 

My old man had a Ford that was on around 280,000 miles, but it was scrapped for corrosion. Engine was sweet though, shame.

I have a 1996 Integra GS-R DB8 4dr sedan. all stock right now. I'm not going to touch it too much, it is too clean for me to molest lol

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 hour ago, Ross Siggers said:

Excuse you! Nothing wrong with the good ole' refined inline 6 ;) 

It just suits a proper exhaust more than other layout engines, I find.

My TVR had an I6, you still didn't tune yours right, but I'll forgive German cars owners, it's not their fault the Germans can't build a good engine. Only the Italians can.

/s? /h? You decide....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@Radium_Angel Don't be a troll now lol :D I suppose your idea of good sounding differs from mine, personally any sort of exhaust system sounds better than a straight pipe. Refinement is neato.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

18 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

I'm new to the club, who here has the highest mileage car? The only thing cool about my car is it has 428k Miles and it's bright blue

Ive probably got one of the lowest in the group at just under 24k

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

14 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Ive probably got one of the lowest in the group at just under 24k

Do engine re-builds count?

Absolute goals on this exhaust sound, holy fucking shit

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

Where you from?

East coast

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Omg how much I want a TVR... I’ve never seen one in the US though, not even on YouTube vids.

and if we’re talking about exhaust, my truck is straight piped... but the turbo calms it down enough that it’s not too bad. The drone at 87 is insane but it’s almost perfectly quiet at 90 so... you know what I set my cruise control to lol

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

25 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Omg how much I want a TVR... I’ve never seen one in the US though, not even on YouTube vids.

I had the only 1 (at the time) on the entire east coast. They are *very* rare....this was in the early 90s.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Do engine re-builds count?

no

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

It’s a supercharger for your battery. V-TEC for your TEC.

Batteries are so much cheaper just put it in the boot. If your boot is big enough for 2 12s why not a battery? Just mount it in with the spare tyre. Be creative.

Tbh if your car can’t handle the power draw then it’s not a good idea to run it.

The box is almost as big as the trunk. I could fit it, but that's a lot of extra weight... And it isn't always super dry in there lol. 

What makes you think two twelve inch subs in a tiny car is a good idea anyway?  just because it's not a good idea doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I love the way it rattles my whole car. 

But it sounds good, I just need a better head unit, my cheap alpine can only tune so much. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

no

Well bollocks then.

My Abarth 128 would have had only 300 miles on it.

As it stood, it had about 15k instead. (well, at least until the odometer stopped working ?

1 hour ago, veldora said:

The box is almost as big as the trunk. I could fit it, but that's a lot of extra weight... And it isn't always super dry in there lol. 

What makes you think two twelve inch subs in a tiny car is a good idea anyway?  just because it's not a good idea doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I love the way it rattles my whole car. 

But it sounds good, I just need a better head unit, my cheap alpine can only tune so much. 

I mean if you’re really concerned about the weight of a second battery might as well just have one sub tbh. If it’s dipping it means your amplifier is trying to draw more current than your car has extra. There’s not much point in having more subs than you can power, gotta add the second battery.

As well, tuning your sound is done with the amplifier itself, so don’t worry about the head unit, that’s only software adjustment and won’t go far. 

Gs500e is only at 21k miles ;)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016