Headphones in public?

Jessentis

*sorry if this is the wrong category*

I have a pair of m50x's that don't look stupid on me and fit my head well and I want to wear them on the bus to and from school because it's long, loud and earphones are uncomfortable but I'm scared of what others would think considering no one wears headphones and only a small bunch of people wear earphones. If you were in that situation what would you think of me? Just because I get anxiety easily and stuff and I don't want people to take the mic out of me for that on top of everything else.

Go for it. What's the worst that can happen? You have a great listening experience and some people who's opinions don't matter can either just accept it or you can ignore them. You do you mate. Don't worry about it. The headphones are pretty understated anyway.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

You shouldn't care what others think. Just do what you want.

I used a pair of M30's for almost a decade. Where I live most people wear earphones because they're not as bulky and annoying to carry around, I do the same. The main issue I can see you having is a greater chance of being mugged.

Welcome to the forum :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't care about what people wear, whether it's headphones or earphones. None of it is my business. Unless you're the kind of person who wants to blast music through their headphones, I really could care less.

Don't worry about what people think of you unless you're the kind of person who wants others to hear what you're listening to. If that's the case, turn the volume down on your phone. I wear my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's outside when I'm walking around. People might think I'm crazy, but when I'm listening to music, I don't care about thoughts, only music.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

No they don’t looks that stupid. People wear Beats in public all the time. M50Xs are a headphone I wouldn’t be embarrassed to wear in public.

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You shouldn't care what others think. Just do what you want.

I used a pair of M30's for almost a decade. Where I live most people wear earphones because they're not as bulky and annoying to carry around, I do the same. The main issue I can see you having is a greater chance of being mugged.

Welcome to the forum :)

I can hold up a pretty good fight. Either way the people that would steal a pair of headphones would probably assume they're some cheap $15/20 pair because they aren't beats and the people that would know the value of them would never dare to take anything from anyone.

3 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

I can hold up a pretty good fight. Either way the people that would steal a pair of headphones would probably assume they're some cheap $15/20 pair because they aren't beats and the people that would know the value of them would never dare to take anything from anyone.

No one would steal M50Xs. Especially if they knew anything about headphones. You are 1000x more likely to have Beats stolen.

This is something that takes you too learn to learn, only thing that matters is what you think and not anyone elses, if people can't accept you because you wear headphones they can fuck off, you want to hang around with the people whoi don't give a fuck, that and also I walk around with corsair HS50 all say and I have never been given a second look, mind I am in Glasgow but still 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

5 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

they won't steal them as they either won't know about their value, or they know your in school it would take you minutes to find and report them for stealing them, so don't worry just wear them if you wanna wear them. 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

here only the thieves would look at a guy with a pair of m50x's on a bus lol

what I do is avoid acting weird and pick a seat thats on the window side and far from the door but not too far just in case

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Why are you worried about their value? M50Xs aren’t expensive headphones. Used without the box you aren’t getting more than $70 for them. Beats would be stolen 1000x over before M50Xs. This isn’t like we are talking about wearing HE1000s in public.

i really don't pay attention to people who use headphones in public, except people who use beats...

they are the biggest idiots on our planet... and people who think they are good, are either deaf or haven't got a brain and/or brain stem...

also people who use speaker phone in public are annoying, if you are taking care of kids or have your hands full, thats understandable, if not then you are a dick that should no longer have a phone or any electronic device

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

54 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

49 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

No one would steal M50Xs. Especially if they knew anything about headphones. You are 1000x more likely to have Beats stolen.

One might even... beat you up for some beats. xD ba dum tiss I'll see myself out.

But seriously, just wear whatever headphones you want and don't worry what people think. I wear my ginormous Logitech UE 9000's when mowing the lawn and take them to work everyday, and no one seems to care. Just don't blast your tunes so loud that other people hear them and you'll be fine.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Only rules for using headphones in public. Don’t use open headphones, and don’t use asshole looking headphones.0998C0A3-5ECD-44D9-B76F-4E4C5A4C543A.jpeg.b24b2bfbe7c5b26079fde05a430b67bb.jpeg

I wear my M40X all the time. I see plenty of people walking around with M50X's, at least in Sydney. Don't know where you live.

Alternatively you can get yourself some Beats and tell the world that you have more money than sense. I'd stick with the M50X if I were you.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

1 hour ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

All it takes is a knife to be thrown into the mix and you've got a losing battle on your hand. That mentality makes no sense. They'll steal them because they look nice. They don't need to know the exact value. Don't fall into such foolish trains of thought. The fact they block out all noise is also an issue; people don't mug others just for things in plain sight.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

i used to wear my Razer Carcharias everywhere i went lol  MX50s actually look good.  rock them.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I see far too many M50X's in public these days.

But when people are walking down the street wearing pxc 550s (myself included) and the Bose/Sony equivalents... I don't think you need to worry about being attacked or stolen over them. 

But I guess it depends on the location.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

It is quite common to see people with full sized headphones in public here and TBH what other people think doesn't matter as long as you enjoy it. I have personally used many different headphones in public. I also wouldn't worry about getting them stolen, mainly because I have never seen or heard about people getting their headphones robbed in public.

As long as you don't blast the music so loud that people around you can hear it easily, then you have nothing to worry about.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

as long as they aren't open back then who gives a shit, Open Back however SUCKS in public, you hear everything around you like you don't have them on and everyone hears what you are listening to.

i really don't pay attention to people who use headphones in public, except people who use beats...

they are the biggest idiots on our planet... and people who think they are good, are either deaf or haven't got a brain and/or brain stem...

also people who use speaker phone in public are annoying, if you are taking care of kids or have your hands full, thats understandable, if not then you are a dick that should no longer have a phone or any electronic device

especially the ones that hold the phone like this while on speaker phone

https://goo.gl/images/wMJ9ns

i wear my headphones in public.  i dont care what people think.

if you're not paying my rent or sucking my dick, your opinion has zero weight to me.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

I wear Sony XB950N1's in public, they're gigantic headphones. Nobody ever says anything, but im at the point in my life where I dress and look how I want and how I like. I have a big head so they don't look to big on me... It's better than those who use one ear bud in the ear and one around the ear dangling.. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I used to be quite self-conscious when I have a pair of cans (V-Moda Crossfade M100, Klipsch Mode (especially this one, I look like a dork!) and my Klipsch Image One BT), I grew up back in the 60's to 70's and there weren't headphones used during those times other than Sony Walkman which was considered cool though quite expensive. I never quite got used to seeing headphones out in public, IEM's are fine....so, the idea of going out with a pair of cans on my head was rather.....out of my comfort zone. Of course, with the passage of time, I've gotten to the stage where I don't care as long as I'm enjoying my music. I don't use the afore-mentioned cans much any more since I have a great collections of higher end IEM's, as well as cheap but good ChiFi IEM's. Once in a while, I'd don on my Image One BT, for sake of convenience, and don't give a crap about what others might think.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

3 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

I used to be quite self-conscious when I have a pair of cans (V-Moda Crossfade M100, Klipsch Mode (especially this one, I look like a dork!) and my Klipsch Image One BT), I grew up back in the 60's to 70's and there weren't headphones used during those times other than Sony Walkman which was considered cool though quite expensive. I never quite got used to seeing headphones out in public, IEM's are fine....so, the idea of going out with a pair of cans on my head was rather.....out of my comfort zone. Of course, with the passage of time, I've gotten to the stage where I don't care as long as I'm enjoying my music. I don't use the afore-mentioned cans much any more since I have a great collections of higher end IEM's, as well as cheap but good ChiFi IEM's. Once in a while, I'd don on my Image One BT, for sake of convenience, and don't give a crap about what others might think.

Wow no offense man, but you have to be one of the older forum members he have here. xD