Twitter erupts after man steals menstrual pads from Amazon's new cashier-less store

HereForTheLulz

So when is that one way ticket to mars coming? I'm ready to abandon this shit hole of a planet. I'll even accept the moon base at this point if mars is too far off

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

8 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That car is not a Lamborghini. You obviously have never touched a car in your life. I really pity any driver near you, such blatant display of pedestrianism is what's wrong with this world. By perpetuating the stereotype of the entrepreneur driving a luxury car you are contributing to stigmatize entrepreneurship, alienate salaried workers, and oppress bicycle riders (which, by the way, is a greener and healthier mean of transportation that you missed the opportunity to promote in your post).

After reading such incredible post in 2018 I really feel like going out and making this world a better place free of any form of vehiclism. Sadly, getting mad at your post consumed all my energy. I'll try again tomorrow (if I don't get drained out by another offensive post, that is).

I feel if LMG ever did Satire, you would make a decent writer. :P

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Once a topic reaches the daily mail it's officially fake news, this has gone from joke to meme to scandal to fake news in 48 hours.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

amazon would happily pay someone (if it was not a paid video on the 1st place, it really seamed like it was) with that much youtube followers for the free publicity, so some stolen women menstrual plugs are really cheap advertising. 

I kind of think it was a fair "review" by pointing the flaws, in this case returns.

The name was really hilarious, even me who could not care less could see the picture on the case and see it was not tampons, but when we pick them up he decides between them and some tampax thing we mentioned, so i guess it was irrelevant, it was a planned gag and Linus went of script. So it's really Linus fault for not reading the script :D

The article is not badly written, that part i did not get of fake news, they just reported the internets and accurately. 

2 hours ago, Profiled said:

"Linus a pathetic virgin" 

A pathetic virgin whose never touched a girl yet somehow is married and has 3 kids including a girl...

GG Internet, GG

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

A pathetic virgin whose never touched a girl yet somehow is married and has 3 kids including a girl...

GG Internet, GG

I Think @Profiled Doesn't know what the word Virgin means? Either that or he doesn't know linus....... How did such a stupid thread appear xD 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

I Think @Profiled Doesn't know what the word Virgin means? Either that or he doesn't know linus....... How did such a stupid thread appear xD 

Nah, he's quoting a YouTube comment is all.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nah, he's quoting a YouTube comment is all.

Welp.... Now I look like the dumbass xD GG me, note don't forum 6am in the morning....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The Daily Mail is a British tabloid. Not even Wikipedia will accept them as a source. 

Sadly I have to put up with the Daily mail........SMH

42 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

what virgin means when i m dad to 3 kids? 

:)

child support must be super in canada

26 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The Daily Mail is a British tabloid. Not even Wikipedia will accept them as a source. 

Calling them a tabloid is insulting to other tabloids tbh. They're basically that kid at school who has GTA 6 and his dad is Bill Gates best friend.

http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com

22 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Calling them a tabloid is insulting to other tabloids tbh. They're basically that kid at school who has GTA 6 and his dad is Bill Gates best friend.

http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com

Better than the US ones.  The DM at least uses real stories now and then. The ones here talk about how Hitler was found in a hot tub with three women (not making that up).

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just me that think a lot of criticism against the video is valid?

1) Showing a bunch of people how to exploit a honorary system is not exactly a good idea. Do we really need more "entertainment" videos on Youtube showing people how to be assholes? I don't think so.

2) The video title was clickbait because it doesn't seem to me like he actually stole it, unless Linus is not only admitting but also filming himself committing a crime. Not exactly a great idea. If he got permission from Amazon then it is not stealing.

3) I think it is pretty obvious that Linus knows the difference between tampons and pads. He even says pads in the video. So why name the video tampons? Oh right, because that will give more views even though it is incorrect.

Why not just be honest with what the video contains?

so, this is because he called pads tampons?.. what? really? thats fucking beyond retarded to have this blow up because of a fucking mix up of words of products that do mostly the same thing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ahh... The Daily Fail. Linus is now internet famous. Kinda disappointed the appears to have been buried on the actual site.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Just me that think a lot of criticism against the video is valid?

1) Showing a bunch of people how to exploit a honorary system is not exactly a good idea. Do we really need more "entertainment" videos on Youtube showing people how to be assholes? I don't think so.

2) The video title was clickbait because it doesn't seem to me like he actually stole it, unless Linus is not only admitting but also filming himself committing a crime. Not exactly a great idea. If he got permission from Amazon then it is not stealing.

3) I think it is pretty obvious that Linus knows the difference between tampons and pads. He even says pads in the video. So why name the video tampons? Oh right, because that will give more views even though it is incorrect.

Why not just be honest with what the video contains?

1.) If it was not Linus then someone else would show the exploit eventually anyway. Besides, Amazon tracks your purchases and credit card and as was said in the video... Amazon would probably draw a line somewhere if they found you refunding often for no reason.

2.) This is a bit of a gray area. Technically, he did not steal it and he also informed Amazon about doing it and he had permission but the point of the video stays the same. You can take the item out of the store and refund it and keep it which in essence is the same thing as stealing it which points out to the flaws in the system which still have to be worked on. But Amazon claims in the terms and conditions that you "can" do that but I doubt it is so simple as that.

3.) He explained this in his live stream. His reasoning was that "tampon" is most likely more recognizable word for non-native English speakers than "pads" as he has many viewers from around the world. Also, his intention was to buy and refund extra small condoms (for himself as a joke) but they were not available in the store.

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

1.) If it was not Linus then someone else would show the exploit eventually anyway. Besides, Amazon tracks your purchases and credit card and as was said in the video... Amazon would probably draw a line somewhere if they found you refunding often for no reason.

"Someone else would have done it" is not a good argument.

If I found a security issue on the forum I would not post a video showing it for everyone. I would have contacted someone like Luke with it. If I started posting peoples' passwords would you defend me with "well someone would have done it eventually"?

15 minutes ago, WereCat said:

2.) This is a bit of a gray area. Technically, he did not steal it and he also informed Amazon about doing it and he had permission but the point of the video stays the same. You can take the item out of the store and refund it and keep it which in essence is the same thing as stealing it which points out to the flaws in the system which still have to be worked on. But Amazon claims in the terms and conditions that you "can" do that but I doubt it is so simple as that.

I don't understand how this is a gray area.

He either got permission to take the thing (in which case it's not stealing) or he didn't (in which case he recorded himself committing a crime).

I don't think either outcome reflects well on him.

18 minutes ago, WereCat said:

3.) He explained this in his live stream. His reasoning was that "tampon" is most likely more recognizable word for non-native English speakers than "pads" as he has many viewers from around the world. Also, his intention was to buy and refund extra small condoms (for himself as a joke) but they were not available in the store.

That does not really address what I said. In fact, you're basically just rewording what I said.

Why choose to write an incorrect title instead of posting what the actual video contains? I know it gets more views (which is why he did it) but I don't think that's a good excuse.

People have been doing mental gymnastics to defend Linus' terrible thumbnails and titles for a long time now and in most cases they have been stretching logic really really thin to validate it, but in this case I don't think there is a single valid excuse. The title says the video is about a different product. I don't really care that the title says tampon rather than pad, but I think the fact that he is willing to put incorrect information in the title to gain more views speaks volume about him and is character.

Would you say the same thing if he posted "Intel Threadripper - Intel does an amazing job yet again!"? More people know of Intel than AMD. I am absolutely not saying he will do that, but if you truly believe his excuse is valid then you must also think the same excuse would be valid if he did post an "Intel threadripper" video.

Lying in video titles or thumbnails in order to get more views should not be acceptable.