Twitter erupts after man steals menstrual pads from Amazon's new cashier-less store

HereForTheLulz

@LinusTech @nicklmg @James

Wan show topic?

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

20 hours ago, Profiled said:

"Linus a pathetic virgin" 

who is a terrible father to his daughters. 

18 hours ago, WereCat said:

So you got click baited into thinking that he was stealing tampons but if he actually used a correct title that he was stealing pads, you would now know to not watch that video, right? Because you are not interested in him seeing stealing pads, but you would totally watch him to steal tampons...

No I did not get clickbaited. I haven't watched the video.

Like I said before, I think this is a matter of principle. The video title is completely misleading. They didn't steal anything, and what they "stole" weren't tampons.

How anyone can with a straight face say that this isn't clickbait is beyond me. Even Linus himself said that he chose that title in order to get more views.

I will repeat what I said before DON'T LIE IN TITLES TO GET MORE VIEWS. This really shouldn't be a hard rule to follow.

Linus lied in the title to get more views. You can not argue against that fact.

18 hours ago, WereCat said:

Your comparison example is way blown out of proportion, it is just not the same. Obviously, talking about Google Pixel as a daily driver and having iPhone X in the title is misleading and you would be in a full right to be angry about it.

What's the big deal?

Calling a Pixel 2 an iPhone wouldn't be a big deal because both exists, both serve the same purpose and one is recognizable everywhere while the other could mean hundreds of different things depending on context and what language you speak. While we're at it, let's imagine that it wasn't his new daily driver. He just used it for a day and for that day it was his primary phone. It was his "for the day, driver".

@Master Disaster

Fundamentally my example is exactly the same as this video. The product name is wrong, and the words used to describe the situation are ambiguous at best and misleading at worst.

If you're going to try and use logic to defend one situation then your argument needs to hold up in both situations. Then if you on an emotional level think that one is more acceptable than the other that's up to you. But at that point you're not arguing from logic but rather from your own subjective feelings about the situation. You are OK with being lied to in this situation but might not be in other ones.

I think it's astonishing how far some viewers will go to defend Linus and his clickbait. Is it really so hard to accept reality that Linus is perfectly content with lying if it means he gets more views? I think that's a line that should never be crossed. Once you have crossed it (which Linus has) then it will be very hard to ever trust anything he says, because you never know if he is lying to the viewers for personal gain or if he is telling the truth.

And what about women that think CPUs = the whole computer?

Well OK, there's also men that think that, but then there are also women that call pads tampons.

Linus is my fetish.

8 hours ago, descendency said:

who is a terrible father to his daughters. 

Also I'm pretty sure he says they're for his wife, yet the article still writes that they hope he at least donates them to a woman's shelter.

As though men that buy feminine products are obviously single. Well, actually, about all those hairsprays and foundation and nail varnish I have .... Erm, ok, never mind what I just said.

Linus is my fetish.

hey guys! did Linus release an official statement regarding this issue?

(aside from the twitter post he made re: artistic license)

I heard he went livestream for his response for this but is there some way I can watch those vids?

Personally I think Twitter SJWs went stupid on this. It was obviously meant as a joke/clickbait as he clearly states they were pads in the video.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |