What would you do if you had $100K in cash right now?

Canada EH
9 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Ontario aint rough bro, I had thousands and thousands of dollars in Barcelona Western Union, but then again I am 6'5" and 270lbs at that time.

Also you can hire Brinks, or a few burly men from a security company that does clubs, not the do nothing but call type of security. We are talking real security guards! Security guards who actually have biceps and muscle, not some lazy guy who sits for 3/4 of the shift then checks if doors are locked and if something goes wrong uses his cell phone, then writes notes in their notepad. No no, we are talking about a security guard or guards who actually secure the product, which is YOU! Regular guards get paid $15/hr, but for the actual cost is $30/hour, so a buffy dude will be most likely $30/hour or $35, so $70 plus tip, make it an even $100 for buffy dudes services.

Ontario isn't rough overall, but I still wouldn't try walking around here with 1000 $100 bills xD

Also if I hire someone I wouldn't have the full $100k now would I :P There is technically a cheaper safer option called the bus a few meters away from my home where either direction would take me to a local bank (not the same one)

I'd put 10k down on my car loan and put 15k aside for random bills. 25k more into investments and I'd take 50k to travel/hike around in Scandinavia for a few years.

Pay off my truck 13k pay off my student loans 27k then put 50k away in a savings account locked away so i cant touch it maybe a cd. the rest after the big loans just spending money for upgrades or mods for the truck.

Go back to school. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

bus a few meters away from my home where either direction would take me to a local bank (not the same one)

You want lots of people around you, so the bus makes sense. But what about waiting for the bus, some crack head could target you, and it dont matter if you are in the hood or upper middle class neighborhood, them cracker jacks are everywhere.

3 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You want lots of people around you, so the bus makes sense. But what about waiting for the bus, some crack head could target you, and it dont matter if you are in the hood or upper middle class neighborhood, them cracker jacks are everywhere.

Easy, local bus system has a fairly accurate scheduling using GPS, I use a combination of google and a site for location time and accuracy. So I could be out there for only 30 seconds or 5 seconds(both within view of the buses cameras), and one wouldn't dare try to rob someone within view of their security system (unannounced and unknown to all idiots) or neighbours, who they themselves some likely have one too ;) The walks about 1-1.5 minutes depending on weather conditions. BTW the buses uphere are usually fairly empty, when a issue does arise most drivers do nothing, likely because they are told to...

https://www.cp24.com/news/york-region-transit-investigating-video-of-confrontation-on-board-bus-in-aurora-1.3241855

50,000 goes straight into paying for college. the rest will go into a good CD or savings accout for when I get out of college

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

Probably spend it on memes.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I would personally give about 1/4th of it to my parents and the rest goes for anything else I might want in the coming years 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Bus drivers do nothing because its not their job, they are unionized so its the gravy train for them. Wish I put in an application to drive city bus when I was 21 or 26yrs old. You should see some of the drivers they hire, lol.

$100k isn't too much in the grand scheme of things, so I think my distribution would be something like this:

•  Pay off my remaining $20k in student loan debt (only debt I have at the moment). ($80k remaining)
  • Take another $20k and use it for living expenses the first quarter of the year in order to max out my 401k contribution (minus agency matching) for the year as quickly as possible. This put me in an easier place to continue this investment strategy each year even after the initial $100k is long gone. ($60k remaining)
  • Take an additional $20k to finish my private pilot license and get an instrument rating. ($40k remaining)
  • $10k for a down payment on an airplane. ($30k remaining)
  • $25k into my favorite index funds (for more accessibility than the retirement account). ($5k remaining)
  • $5k into the "emergency fund" for extra padding.

Also that cash could be put into a small gym bag very easily.

634.4 cubic inches for $10 bills which is about 10" x 30" x 2" or 8" x 35" x 2.25"

$100 bills, a band of 100 of them will be about 1 inch. You would need 10 bands of them to make your 100K, it would be a stack of $100 bills about 10 inches high, maybe less if they are all new. Probably not more than 15 inches at worst.

US currency bills are are 2.61 inches wide and 6.14 inches long; they are .0043 inches thick and weigh 1 gram.

On 1/20/2018 at 3:53 AM, Canada EH said:

Thats right, lets say you have $100,000

A thousand crisp brand new $100 bills!

What would you do with that money?

I would put a down payment on a house, which would be $25K on a $500K house that has a 2nd floor.

I would invest the rest in a high yield dividend stock. Sure beats G.I.C.'s at 3%.

I would build a Ryzen 1600 fish tank PC with RGB, but the fish tank would be the desk. The tank part of it would be the entire writing surface.

Or this

image.thumb.png.de1a3007eac7ce200a2441431946c85f.png

Pay off 80% of my mortgage (which would take up all of the 100K, as my mortgage is in GBP not USD)

Buy a condo 

buy a pc

give 25% left to parents and save the rest

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

21 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Buy a condo 

buy a pc

give 25% left to parents and save the rest

What kind of condo would cost less than $100K? 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

What kind of condo would cost less than $100K? 

oh shit there more exspenive then I thought I guess I would just finish paying off my parents house and get a pc and save money for an appartment

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

oh shit there more exspenive then I thought I guess I would just finish paying off my parents house and get a pc and save money for an appartment

Haha lots of people don’t realize a condo is just a small house with no yard, etc. Most here in my area are around $200-$350K. 

Of course, you could put a $50K-$100K downpayment on the condo, assuming you had other income to pay the mortgage bill each month. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

pay off current car, invest the rest or add to the house downpayment fund (same idea), maybe buy an ND Miata if the rest of my goals are met and there's play money left.

Hmmmm, invest into some rental property.

Invest into stocks with nice dividends to create some income off those.

Take the rest and buy items with value:  silver/gold, ammo, water purifiers, and power generators.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

get a house and a 8700k

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Pay off car. Pay off credit card. Move back to home state.

Take 5k and build a even better gaming with super high end monitors. Then a secondary rig for a pc racing rig.

Take about 10k and mod car with full exhaust/wheels/suspension. Maybe turbo.

Invest about 20k. And then pocket the rest.

Storm Enforcer 2.0

CPU: I7 Intel 8700k / GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ / Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-H Gaming / Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200/ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO - 120GB + WD Blue 1TB / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650w G3 / Cooling:  Noctua NH‑D15S / Case: Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced

I don't know, 100k in about 2-3 years.

I'd probably just continue my daily routine and maybe buy a new computer.