What would you do if you had $100K in cash right now?

Canada EH

Thats right, lets say you have $100,000

A thousand crisp brand new $100 bills!

What would you do with that money?

I would put a down payment on a house, which would be $25K on a $500K house that has a 2nd floor.

I would invest the rest in a high yield dividend stock. Sure beats G.I.C.'s at 3%.

I would build a Ryzen 1600 fish tank PC with RGB, but the fish tank would be the desk. The tank part of it would be the entire writing surface.

Or this

image.thumb.png.de1a3007eac7ce200a2441431946c85f.png

Travel a decent amount to the 'noteworthy' magical places that exist....and likely prior to that,...put some away or invest some.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

pay off the 43k in loans i have and put the rest in a savings account to pay off the second half of my education

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Invest. Pay off some ever amounting bills & also take a modest, but not expensive holiday to Canada to visit some friends.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

3 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

Probably invest half of it and then buy a new car 

You are wasting your money on buying a new car. You lose so much money buying new.

Making 33% dividend per year on 100K is not bad investment. Depending on the risk factors of that company, maybe worthwhile to invest it all and bum around for a year.

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

You are wasting your money on buying a new car. You lose so much money buying new.

Making 33% dividend per year on 100K is not bad investment. Depending on the risk factors of that company, maybe worthwhile to invest it all and bum around for a year.

I mean this was all hypothetical. i have over 100k in my bank account, and from me coming from a wealthy background id rather buy new becase i can make the cost of a new car back in like two months. 

I already invest my money. and i make profit weekly. but i dont invest in traditional ways. well i guess real estate is traditional but not many people do it big in my town

Pay off my house (some tens of thousands left), use the rest to start a new career. Current day job pays well which is main reason I'm sticking it out, but boring AF. Swing totally other way, be pennyless content creator and hope I hit big time before the pot runs out!

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

If I had $100k in cash right now it would be a terrible thing.

Firstly, it's hardly enough to buy a decent new build house in the UK.

Secondly, I would no longer be eligible for the new build council house I'm getting because I would have too much money.

Even if it was enough to buy a decent house, I'd have to start over again with finding another one, and it would be even harder to find a site better, or even as good as the one Im getting my poor persons house on, and also the normal houses on this site are all massive detached houses starting at £250k, while the last of the council houses I managed to secure was only £60k, and you need to be unable to afford to buy a house outright to be eligible.

So with $100,000, I'd actually be pretty darn screwed. Also it would severely complicate my disability benefits even more so than the housing situation already described above.

Linus is my fetish.

I would use it to pay off my tuition, buy a new car, pay off my credit card balance, purchase books, get a new laptop, get a new desktop, and get new weapons for my platoons of penguin commandos who are fighting off the invading leopard seals amphibiously assaulting the Antarctic coastline and eating our youngs.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Pay off my truck, put half of what's left in a savings account, quarter in the stock market, and the remainder as spending money.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

CRYPTOOOOO

Yeah I'd probably go for a short-term crypto operation. Hopefully get in and out before the market crashes.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

On 1/19/2018 at 10:53 PM, Canada EH said:

Thats right, lets say you have $100,000

A thousand crisp brand new $100 bills!

What would you do with that money?

Where I currently live? With 1000 $100 bill's I'd get robbed before I would get to the bank, making me $100,000 poorer, just minutes after being $100,000 richer...

If for some miracle I don't, I'd likely be questioned for drug trafficking...

If for some miracle I don't have that happen either... I'd likely cryptomine, possibly cheaper heating by putting a miner in ever room xD

Ontario aint rough bro, I had thousands and thousands of dollars in Barcelona Western Union, but then again I am 6'5" and 270lbs at that time.

Also you can hire Brinks, or a few burly men from a security company that does clubs, not the do nothing but call type of security. We are talking real security guards! Security guards who actually have biceps and muscle, not some lazy guy who sits for 3/4 of the shift then checks if doors are locked and if something goes wrong uses his cell phone, then writes notes in their notepad. No no, we are talking about a security guard or guards who actually secure the product, which is YOU! Regular guards get paid $15/hr, but for the actual cost is $30/hour, so a buffy dude will be most likely $30/hour or $35, so $70 plus tip, make it an even $100 for buffy dudes services.

Invest the ever loving SHIT out of that.

Well, maybe buy a new kitchen first.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Do a modest PC upgrade consisting of some nice-ass fans, a better cooler (I hear maybe my H100i V2 wasn't the best choice), and a Vega Founders Edition (even though I know they're, like, impossible to find). I'd probably either invest the rest or put it in a savings account.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Quit my job and live out of bank interests which are very good in my country.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Donate some of it,buy a new camera and lens,upgrade my rig and then keep the rest for my daily needs

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Stay home for 2 more ours or so and then go to the bank: it's really not safe to keep cash around I'd put it in the bank.

But other than that I'd get a nice used car (not too old just old enough to lose the new car tax but still be in top shape say around 50k miles tops) and maybe I'd think about starting a new business that would require relatively low initial investments or that gets RoI fast.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I would do two things up front.  I would pay off the remainder on my car and then pay off my sister's undergrad.  The rest would go into mutual funds savings etc.

I would probably buy an apartment (15 % up front), or if I wouldnt be allowed to do that, seeing as I am currently living off of student loans and such, save the money until I'd graduate and then buy an apartment. I'd also get a new pair of headphones for home (not that I'm not happy with the ones that I have now).

~$12k to pay off the car, put ~$20k into my project fund for a new garage, then a ~$68k principle payment on my house. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro