Assassins Creed Origin DRM Hammers Gamers’ CPUs

jagdtigger
4 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

It seems that most that complain about the game are those with quad cores, while those with higher core count, don't seem to have this problem.

So...around 80-90% of the customers?What about those with dual cores? O_O It looks like all the new cores will be used for DRM, not for the game.

14 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

DRM will stop when pirates stop. It will continue to hurt the paying customers as this is a vicious endless cycle. 

People will never stop pirating.

EVER. Hurting the customer in a foolish attempt to stop pirates is just idiotic. Ignore the pirates, focus on making a great product, and people will buy it. Works just fine for the maker of The Witcher series.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

12 hours ago, MyName13 said:

If you were in a situation where you wanted something but couldn't afford it, you would understand.Imagine a teenager ... Snip

Would it be ok to take a smart phone without paying? How about a car? Probably not because it's "wrong", where in actuality it's just plain harder to STEAL these items. Online piracy is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.  It's just easier to STEAL digital content such as music, games, and software than it is to STEAL physical items from physical people.

It's easier to hide behind the safety of your computer screen and glorify how piracy helps those who may not have money to buy things.

Oh, the poor teenager. Hard, his life his.

11 hours ago, Ekst4zy said:

Of course you are from USA. Good for you.

Try earning money in countries where to save for a PC takes years not weeks. 

... Snip

Stop with the constant comparison. Not everyone in the US lives in a mansion and drives a Bentley. Not everyone in the US has money. And guess what, we were born here. Had no choice in the matter really. So chastising people because of where they were born.

I can try to understand and sympathize ( although I'm a privileged working American, so I couldn't possibly understand your struggles), but no matter how you try to explain it, stealing is stealing. Physical, digital, intellectual, or otherwise

I cannot stop you from stealing online digital content. Good in Ubisoft for trying. Their attempts to stop illegal distribution of their software doesn't make then the bad guy.

You still feel justified in your piracy activities. Good for you. If you are going to respond to me and tell me more about how it's ok for people who may not be able to afford... Then you better be able to justify stealing of physical content as well, because it's the same damn concept.

2 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Well first we must wait for the hackers to crack open this nut...  But im nut sure if it is safe for reviewers to do so, it wouldnt be the first time that a company would use copyrightcrap law to silence negative reviews.

After the crack comes out, someone will post it to either Reddit or one of the chans. It will be fascinating.

Then it starts brining up a lot of other questions, especially some of the odder Intel vs AMD Ryzen discussions. Remember that Tomb Raider patch that got a huge uplift on Ryzen? Where do you find >20% improvement on the CPU side? 

Is it possible the part of the reason the Inclusive L3 + Ring Bus work better for PC gaming (without throwing some really high clocks at it, like you can on some of the X299 cpus) is actually down to the DRM? There's reports, from users, out there of significantly higher results, on similar hardware in some games. Is it possible the cracked games are actually running faster?

There's an entire world of questions that now exist that I don't think anyone really wants to officially test.

14 hours ago, Ekst4zy said:

DRM doesn't stop piracy... It's like a challenge for people making cracks. They probably enjoy it -.-"

As a programmer I can 100% say they enjoy it. Nothing better than getting something to work. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I never knew this when I purchased it today until I got in game, yeah I'll be taking my money back moneysoft thanks, you fucked your last chance. 

I would like to remind everyone that as per the stance of the Community Standards piracy is not acceptable, so with this in mind I would request that all conversation around the justification of it end. As always try to also to respect other members opinions and keep things civil.

• Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

There are plenty of discussion points to explore on this topic that don't involve promoting or legitimizing piracy.

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Would it be ok to take a smart phone without paying? How about a car? Probably not because it's "wrong", where in actuality it's just plain harder to STEAL these items. Online piracy is wrong no matter how you try to justify it.  It's just easier to STEAL digital content such as music, games, and software than it is to STEAL physical items from physical people.

It's easier to hide behind the safety of your computer screen and glorify how piracy helps those who may not have money to buy things.

Oh, the poor teenager. Hard, his life his.

Stop with the constant comparison. Not everyone in the US lives in a mansion and drives a Bentley. Not everyone in the US has money. And guess what, we were born here. Had no choice in the matter really. So chastising people because of where they were born.

I can try to understand and sympathize ( although I'm a privileged working American, so I couldn't possibly understand your struggles), but no matter how you try to explain it, stealing is stealing. Physical, digital, intellectual, or otherwise

I cannot stop you from stealing online digital content. Good in Ubisoft for trying. Their attempts to stop illegal distribution of their software doesn't make then the bad guy.

You still feel justified in your piracy activities. Good for you. If you are going to respond to me and tell me more about how it's ok for people who may not be able to afford... Then you better be able to justify stealing of physical content as well, because it's the same damn concept.

Are we still referring to that "You wouldn't steal a car" commercial?I find these conversations between different classes fascinating, if only they could switch roles...But whatever, let's completely forget the fact that "some dirty filthy thief" might become the new Bill Gates/Albert Einstein/Steve Jobs...

36 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Are we still referring to that "You wouldn't steal a car" commercial?I find these conversations between different classes fascinating, if only they could switch roles...But whatever, let's completely forget the fact that "some dirty filthy thief" might become the new Bill Gates/Albert Einstein/Steve Jobs...

What commercial? You don't know what class I'm from or in. So making a comment like that is fruitless.

I'm not arguing against it. Do I think it's morally and ethically wrong? Yes I do. An I trying to persuade you to stop pirating? No, because you're obviously going to do what you want to do regardless of anyone else. I'm telling you that trying to validate piracy by making the claim that you want it but cannot afford it excuses you from any ethical, moral, or legal obligation makes no sense.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up, stealing is stealing.</comment>

16 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

I am not arguing whether or not it hurts the market or not as piracy has shown not to impact sales. But it that companies dont like to be stolen from. 

15 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

How is that not stealing? 

Again I am not saying 1 download = 1 lost sale. You are trying to prove me wrong  when I am not denying you. They think they are losing money, they try to stop it, pirates get around it, try again,.....so on and so on....

Its a business. Businesses are there to make money. Copying/downloading a digital only item is stealing. Stealing results in lest profit. 

All people want is for them to respect their paying customers. Pirates should never have a better experience than paying customers. This is what made Netflix so successful- for once movies and TV shows were convenient the legal way. Most would not have have a problem with this DRM if it didn't affect performance. Of course, people who pirate games are going to, and a lot of people think they need to stop with it all together. Games that ship without DRM can still sell very well (see w3). 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

All people want is for them to respect their paying customers. Pirates should never have a better experience than paying customers. This is what made Netflix so successful- for once movies and TV shows were convenient the legal way. Most would not have have a problem with this DRM if it didn't affect performance. Of course, people who pirate games are going to, and a lot of people think they need to stop with it all together. Games that ship without DRM can still sell very well (see w3). 

You have the same opinion I do. Until companies give in to pirates and stop DRM or at least backoff in terms of lockdown then its just going to get worse every time its cracked. 

As for netflix DRM I think that has more to do with cost. Im sure most people that pirate has to do with the cost of the game, DLC, expansions, etc...and what netflix did well is pricing it at a reasonable cost. Seeing $9.99 a month is nothing compared to a few hours at $60-100 game. But also the DRM of just logging in on almost any device now makes it quick and easy to use netflix. 

10 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

You need a minor hurdle, otherwise you can easily end up with a situation where 1 copy because every copy. (This is what killed the CD market in Music.) However, it's gotten out of hand. That's why Steam works. But we now have to ask questionslike: Ubisoft games running really well on Ryzen 5 is due to more cores for DRM reasons?

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-10/assassins-creed-origins-benchmark/3/#diagramm-cpu-tests-in-assassins-creed-origins-auf-einer-gtx-1080-ti-strix-1920-1080

From the link, the 7600k with a 1080 Ti can't hold 60 FPS average in the game at 1080p. If that holds up in testing by others, then the only CPUs that work with the game are the 6700k, 7700, 7700k, Ryzen 5 & 7 and the 6c Coffeelake SKUs (maybe; is 6 cores enough? does it need 8 full threads?). Plus the HEDT platforms, but that's 2% market share or something. 

This is either a massive screw up, Ubisoft doesn't care or something else is going on.

3 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Their attempts to stop illegal distribution of their software doesn't make then the bad guy.

Them attempting to stop copyright violation isn't the issue. I don't think anyone's mad at them for that... People are mad because they're trying to stop what's already been shown to be a non-issue via a method that's harmful to their paying customers, while not preventing that piracy in any way. In fact it probably won't even impede the pirates very much.

59 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Doesn't matter how you dress it up, stealing is stealing.

Except as has already been mentioned, it's not stealing because it's not taking something away. Stealing or theft is inherently related to physical items by definition.

It's copyright violation. Which is still a crime. But it's a different crime from theft.

27 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

You need a minor hurdle, otherwise you can easily end up with a situation where 1 copy because every copy. (This is what killed the CD market in Music.)

Yeah, because it's most definitely piracy that killed floppies and CDs, not the cheap availability of alternative transfer media such as low cost and high speed bandwidth and high capacity magnetic and flash storage... AKA the rise of mp3s...

9 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Yes it does change it dramatically.

Yes, it's theft obviously, but no real loss happened.

Real loss did happen. They spent money creating a product that someone obtained for free, even though they still wanted to consume the product. That is a net loss. If everyone adhered to your fairy tale logic, companies would go under because nobody would buy the goods. Anyone in the world can claim they have hardships that make it morally okay for them to pirate, but it's all nonsense. Entertainment is a want, not a need. Nobody is entitled to the goods/services of a company for free just because they lack the means to pay. This is not a human right that we are talking about.

9 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

@MageTank Piracy is not theft in the colloquial or technical sense because theft, by definition, is taking something away from someone else.

You argued about it on the basis that companies charged people for theft, but that's completely misinformed. Companies charged people for copyright infringement.

There is a fundamental difference between property law (you stole my bread) and IP law (you copied my art). Piracy in the digital sense is the latter.

If you paint a copy of someone else's painting to put up on your wall, that's not theft. Copying a videogame is not theft in precisely the same way. You're violating that person's copyright, but you're not stealing anything.

You're also talking about a literally victimless crime. Let's ignore motivation for now and assume that as you say it's motivated by a sense of entitlement. Who does it hurt? If an individual cannot afford to buy a game, then they're not a potential customer whether they're interested in a product or not. As you so keenly pointed out, there's a difference between wants and needs, and people are more likely to spend money on food and electricity and heating and a computer and other needs. If those needs take priority and they didn't have the intention to buy a product anyways it costs the company nothing. They take 0 potential dollars from the company. They cost the company 0 bandwidth. That is true regardless of whether they're entitled or not.

As far as whether a computer, internet, and power are necessities, Can you honestly say that in today's day and age they're not? In large swaths of the first and second world you *cannot* get a job without a computer, you *cannot* apply for social services without a computer, you *cannot* manage your finances without a computer. Period. There are a lot of places now with no walk in interviews, that don't take resumes, and where you don't have the option to just walk into a bank.

That's not even getting into the question of mental health and that in many regions the levels of stress are magnitudes higher than in the past, free recreational services are largely inaccessible, and even in places that are recreation and tension release aren't one size fits all activities. A recreational activity that poorly fits a person can be more stressful than even a lack of recreation. Mental health is at an all time slump right now.

Your arguments stem from a privledged position and are full of just as much of a sense of entitlement as the "thieves" you're talking about. You talk about how *you* did all of these things so it's possible to be done, but just because it's possible for *you* doesn't mean it's possible for *everyone*. There are a lot of places, even in the US, where people have no opportunity for the kind of self improvement you mentioned. Everywhere you mention entitled people, all I see is you saying "They deserve less because I have more opportunity than them." and "I'm better than them because I make money and have a sense  of moral superiority.". I absolutely hate this term, but this is a place where I have to use it because it applies so specifically... "Check your privledge."

When did I say companies charge people for theft? My entire point is relatively simple. If you want to consume a good offered by a company, but do not want to pay, and take it for free, then you took a potential profit/sale from that company. If you did not intend to buy it ever, and took it anyways, that's still thievery in my book, regardless of whether or not it's physical or digital. Last I checked, thievery is defined as "the act of stealing another person's property". Digital goods are still property. 

As I stated above, if everyone followed your logic, companies would go under because literally everyone would steal their goods for free, and claim moral high-ground for doing so because of hardships. 

Call me privileged all you want, but it changes absolutely nothing. I go to work every day for the things I want. Because I work hard, it means I am automatically obligated to pay when others are not? That's nonsense and you know it. Also, how exactly is me working hard a sense of entitlement? I am not entitled to the job I have, the education I have, or the things I purchase in this world. I take none of it for granted, because I work hard for all of it. Are you simply assuming I am entitled and in a privileged position without really knowing what I did to get here? 

Try your best to justify this "victimless" crime, it's still a crime nonetheless. 

9 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before, but there's an entire world out there outside your little bubble of life experience. And it has an infinite amount of variables that you've never experienced.

Think about them before you actually judge others because they don't share the same bubble that you're in.

When did I judge others? Was it when I said entertainment is not a human right? Or where I said part of being an adult means discerning between wants and needs? Both statements are true, regardless of where you live. Also, how do you people automatically know about the experiences I've had, based on a few forum posts? 

I swear, any time I talk about piracy, angry people come out of the woodworks. I guess far more people pirate than I give credit for after all, lol. 

5 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Want to educate yourself?Can't afford books because they are really expensive and you have no idea if they're good?Can't even get them because they have to travel across the globe for weeks?You also have to deal with your country's idiotic laws?You don't even have a credit card and bank account?Too bad, if you pirate something you're a criminal and you should feel bad.

Did I summarise your post?Ok, let's say that person spends money on education, what about entertainment?Oh, too bad, that person can't pirate anything because some poor multi (b/m)illion dollar companies, who recycle the same thing every year and also think that even 3rd world countries should pay the same as someone from 1st world country (who also don't even care about them or consider them a market), could lose a "customer" who wouldn't buy their product anyway.

I've seen many people who think that companies are their "friends", but let's be honest, there's a reason why every country pays the same price for everything (except Russia and some SA country), if they even considered poorer countries a market, they would have adjusted their prices just like everyone else (there are 3-4 versions of Nutella for example, guess where the worst one is sold).

By the way without pirated windows (OS), most people wouldn't even be able to use computers ;)

It wasn't enough to try to guilt trip old MageTank by using the "poor countries can't afford video games" analogy, now we have to equate video games to educational material. As for your second paragraph, yes, that person shouldn't pirate because they feel entitled to have entertainment for free. 

I don't judge people that feel inclined to pirate things. I am not a cop, and I could care less about your moral dilemma's. My issue is with people (every single person quoted above, for example) defending the act of piracy by trying to claim people in less fortunate positions are exempt from having to pay simply because they are unable to do so. That's not how the world works. Yeah, MageTank is evil for saying poor people are not entitled to video games, I'll own up to that. When video games becomes a requirement to sustain human life, I'll be sure to change my stance on that subject. 

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

Hell yea, great game. Wicked grind curve after like lvl 30 from memory though.

It was a grind from start to finish if you were SP farming, and wanted even a remote chance of having your skills maxed out by the time you made it to cap. You either needed a bot, or a group of friends sharing one account to compete in that game, lol. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Looks like the entire Steam community section of that game is just people whining, looks like the only thing you're missing out on by not playing it are crashes and shit FPS.

I got their first one for free, came with some component I bought. Tried it out by playing the tutorial. Have no idea what I'm doing. Have to remember some moves where it can only be achieved by a person with 3 arms. Fuck this sh*t! So I uninstalled it. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

I got their first one for free, came with some component I bought. Tried it out by playing the tutorial. Have no idea what I'm doing. Have to remember some moves where it can only be achieved by a person with 3 arms. Fuck this sh*t! So I uninstalled it. 

You people are not looking at the brighter side of this situation. Sure, it might be an awful game with terrible DRM, but it might make for a great CPU stress test. Prime95: Ubisoft Edition sounds fantastic.

Just now, MageTank said:

You people are not looking at the brighter side of this situation. Sure, it might be an awful game with terrible DRM, but it might make for a great CPU stress test. Prime95: Ubisoft Edition sounds fantastic.

With microtransactions and it will be even better!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

With microtransactions and it will be even better!

"AVX3 Expansion: $29.99"

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

What commercial? You don't know what class I'm from or in. So making a comment like that is fruitless.

The commercial that was part of  every legitimately bought DVD for about 5 years or so.

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

You need a minor hurdle, otherwise you can easily end up with a situation where 1 copy because every copy. (This is what killed the CD market in Music.)

No, what killed the CD market was the rise of Apple music, the death of CD players in favor of MP3 players, the music industry's outright refusal to pivot to a new market, and the fact that the music industry got really lazy in it's production of albums and pushing of singles. For more than a decade after 1995 or so, the vast majority of albums were complete unconnected crap with a single good song or two at most on them. This was mostly a business decision by the music industry to push singles and speed up album production.

4 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

The commercial that was part of  every legitimately bought DVD for about 5 years or so.

No, what killed the CD market was the rise of Apple music, the death of CD players in favor of MP3 players, the music industry's outright refusal to pivot to a new market, and the fact that the music industry got really lazy in it's production of albums and pushing of singles. For more than a decade after 1995 or so, the vast majority of albums were complete unconnected crap with a single good song or two at most on them. This was mostly a business decision by the music industry to push singles and speed up album production.

Meh, this version is more effective:

-------

Current Rig

-------

34 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Real loss did happen. They spent money creating a product that someone obtained for free, even though they still wanted to consume the product. That is a net loss. If everyone adhered to your fairy tale logic, companies would go under because nobody would buy the goods. Anyone in the world can claim they have hardships that make it morally okay for them to pirate, but it's all nonsense. Entertainment is a want, not a need. Nobody is entitled to the goods/services of a company for free just because they lack the means to pay. This is not a human right that we are talking about.

When did I say companies charge people for theft? My entire point is relatively simple. If you want to consume a good offered by a company, but do not want to pay, and take it for free, then you took a potential profit/sale from that company. If you did not intend to buy it ever, and took it anyways, that's still thievery in my book, regardless of whether or not it's physical or digital. Last I checked, thievery is defined as "the act of stealing another person's property". Digital goods are still property. 

As I stated above, if everyone followed your logic, companies would go under because literally everyone would steal their goods for free, and claim moral high-ground for doing so because of hardships. 

Call me privileged all you want, but it changes absolutely nothing. I go to work every day for the things I want. Because I work hard, it means I am automatically obligated to pay when others are not? That's nonsense and you know it. Also, how exactly is me working hard a sense of entitlement? I am not entitled to the job I have, the education I have, or the things I purchase in this world. I take none of it for granted, because I work hard for all of it. Are you simply assuming I am entitled and in a privileged position without really knowing what I did to get here? 

Try your best to justify this "victimless" crime, it's still a crime nonetheless. 

When did I judge others? Was it when I said entertainment is not a human right? Or where I said part of being an adult means discerning between wants and needs? Both statements are true, regardless of where you live. Also, how do you people automatically know about the experiences I've had, based on a few forum posts? 

I swear, any time I talk about piracy, angry people come out of the woodworks. I guess far more people pirate than I give credit for after all, lol. 

It wasn't enough to try to guilt trip old MageTank by using the "poor countries can't afford video games" analogy, now we have to equate video games to educational material. As for your second paragraph, yes, that person shouldn't pirate because they feel entitled to have entertainment for free. 

I don't judge people that feel inclined to pirate things. I am not a cop, and I could care less about your moral dilemma's. My issue is with people (every single person quoted above, for example) defending the act of piracy by trying to claim people in less fortunate positions are exempt from having to pay simply because they are unable to do so. That's not how the world works. Yeah, MageTank is evil for saying poor people are not entitled to video games, I'll own up to that. When video games becomes a requirement to sustain human life, I'll be sure to change my stance on that subject. 

It was a grind from start to finish if you were SP farming, and wanted even a remote chance of having your skills maxed out by the time you made it to cap. You either needed a bot, or a group of friends sharing one account to compete in that game, lol. 

Finally common sense in this thread. How many people are saying its not theft is mind blowing. 

10 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before, but there's an entire world out there outside your little bubble of life experience. And it has an infinite amount of variables that you've never experienced.

Think about them before you actually judge others because they don't share the same bubble that you're in.

As someone from a much poorer country than US I stand behind everything he said. Gaming is a luxury and that's it. Not everyone is privileged to it, and that is the harsh reality. I don't like that either but it is all luxury. 

I haven't played a shit ton of games because I couldn't run them on my old pc. I waited literally years to be able to play them, and even on new PC I buy them. I wait for sales. I didn't want to pirate RoTR or DE: MD, I waited almost a year (or more, can't remember) for them to be on sale and bought both of them. Sure, they costed me $20 total but I still bought them. Why did I wait? Because I can't pay full price for every single one of them due to small things called "life experience". I buy some games for full price, but I still buy all games. Want to play a game? Wait a year or two until they are cheaper and then buy them. You won't die. No one died from not playing games. If everyone pirated there would be no gaming industry. If you can't afford $10 games how the hell did you even get a PC that's able to run them. At some point in your life when you start working you get a certain perspective that lets you appreciate the amount of time people put in their work.

Piracy has some benefits, as Neil Gaiman mentioned in an interview, but people are being really creative to justify pirating games.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

22 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Wrong. Real loss did not happen, this is what you don't understand. I'm not saying it isn't theft, cause it is. But not the terms that you're still stuck on.

There's a huge difference between physical and digital.

Let's say Bob the builder has a company that makes chairs. Someone breaks in his company and steals three chairs for example. That's theft. Now Bob the builder will have to spend money and time to build three new chairs to make for the loss that he sustained.

Now let's also that Bob the builder has another company that makes photo editing software. Someone decides to steal three copies of that software. That's still theft by the way. Now here's the part that you can't grasp. Bob the builder doesn't have to go and spend money and time in order to make three new software in order to make for the loss that he sustained. Cause the product has already been made and can be copied almost infinitely.

On Bob's side theft occurred, maybe a potential buyer was lost, maybe not since we don't know if the person who did it had any intention of buying the product in the first place. But he didn't sustain any loss that would make him have to spend more money and time to recuperate.

Now does that mean I agree with piracy? No. But if that's what you think then that's your problem of not understanding things.