Nottingham teenager furious after paying £450 for a photo of an XBox One on eBay

Gunzkewl

A TEENAGER has been left fuming after mistakenly buying a photo of an in-demand computer console online.

Peter Clatworthy thought he had paid £450 for an XBox One console on eBay, but actually received a picture of one in the post.

The 19-year-old student, of Bilborough, had saved up in order to buy a limited edition Day One version of the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four-year-old son, McKenzie.

He has now contested the purchase with eBay, which has investigated and stated he should get a full refund from the seller.

"I always buy stuff on eBay and this had never happened before."

Mr Clatworthy made the purchase on November 28, paying £450 plus £8 packaging.

Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console, Mr Clatworthy said he'd expected to receive the console as it was listed in the video games and consoles category on eBay.

He said: "It said 'photo' and I was in two minds, but I looked at the description and the fact it was in the right category made me think it was genuine.

"I looked at the seller's feedback and there was nothing negative. I bought it there and then because I thought it was a good deal.

"It's obvious now I've been conned out of my money."

Mr Clatworthy received the photo in the post on Monday, saying: "They'd written on the back of it 'thank you for your purchase'.

5583243-large.jpg

Source: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Warning-student-pays-pound-450-photo-Xbox/story-20263203-detail/story.html

It said photo and he still bought it..

not-sure-if-retarded-or-just-stupid.jpg

Probably retarded, mentally ill people do the lamest things every day.

ahahahahaha, he so fucked that one up xD not even using a good quality printer. 

Edit: Maybe he can file for a refund due to the bad quality of the photo? that might be a legit cause lol, still funny.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I saw something similar to this the other day a girl bought a Iphone box from ebay for $600. I specifically said "Brand new Iphone box" and i never showed a iphone in the picture or anything. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Just heard something like this on the radio saying he bought it for his 4 year old son, I didn't think the guy was only 19 though!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I saw something similar to this the other day a girl bought a Iphone box from ebay for $600. I specifically said "Brand new Iphone box" and i never showed a iphone in the picture or anything. 

I? You sold an iPhone box for $600 to someone? Quite frankly I think that that is just cruel!

ahahahahaha, he so fucked that one up xD not even using a good quality printer. 

LMAO

saw this on yahoo earlier.. what an idiot. Also, he is 19 and has a son..

Who is 4. A son who is 4. I had to do a double-take there when I read it.

Sorry for his son in regards to his present, but dang man. Keep it in yo' pants. Too late, but still. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

oh come on it said photo 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

reminds me of the infamous Judge Judy case that's been on youtube since the dawn of time. anyone who hasn't seen it for some reason should go watch it (judge judy ebay scammer should pull it right up)

still...  I wouldn't consider that printout a "photo".  :P

My Rigs (past and present)

All I gotta say is LOL.  I inspect like every ebay ad like 30 times before I even decide to buy it and then 30 more times to decide if I really should buy it. lol

While unethical, the seller did nothing illegal. This dude is a grade A dummy.

For this -- I'd kill.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

He cant sue, it clearly stated it was a photo

Buyer ignorance isnt an excuse

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Xbox is a Xmas present for a 4 year old? Right... He will own in CoD and still call shit "poo-poo".

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

A 4 year old son!

19-4=15

Yay, I can do maths!!!

Yes, he most likely had the kid when he was 15, most likely conceived the child when he was 14. He also most likely won't equate to much but a drain on the economy for the next 75 years.

"I always buy stuff on eBay and this had never happened before." -- and "I've always shot guns and I've never killed someone before." Who cares if common sense says don't point a gun to someone unless you intend to shoot them, or if a description says "photo of XBone" you can still believe you're getting a XBone. I personally applaud the person who sold it to him and charged him $8 for shipping a piece of paper, I would've sold it for less and charged like $75 shipping. "Sorry buddy, no refunds on shipping costs and make sure I get my picture back or no refund."

saw this on yahoo earlier.. what an idiot. Also, he is 19 and has a son..

A 4year old son. Meaning he was 15 when the kid was born. Stupid people should not be allowed to have kids.

This does deserve a big facepalm. 

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr