NZXT Kraken G10 - where to buy

LinusTech
THANK GOD you made this video before i invested in a full water cooling loop for the r9 290. i have a h60 (2013) lying around, would this be sufficient? Again thank you Linus. You saved my wallet. i wasn't going to go the arctic cooling gpu cooler route.

Why didn't I buy an AIO on black friday......

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

i live in the uk there are hardly any black friday deals. none for water cooling.

It could be avaible in Canada any time now! It would cost me just under $100 to get one from the USA.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You're right that it isn't fair because the 780 isn't watercooled. But it does cost about the same.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I've been very excited every since they announced this. But two things since i've seen more up close pcitures... I dont really like how the whole thing is supported just by the 4 screws around the gpu but i guess it had to be that way to be universal. I also wish it had some stick on heatsinks for ram and vrm.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

This just sounds amazing. If the non-reference 290's happen to be too pricey, I'll consider this one.

all the liquid cooled 290s!!! muhahahahahahaha.......

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

For those without an old AIO laying around, it would be nice for NZXT to make a bundle avaliable.

On black friday we had a deal for under a $100us Kraken x40 and the bracket. 

Man, I do miss Dwood's design...

Glad he and NZXT made out a deal.

He was taken care of for the design and his input into this bracket.

is this a 2 or 3 slot design?

It roughly 2.5 with the card installed onto it. 

Is that fact?  I got two of his brackets for my 580's when he first started making them.  Would be nice to know that he was involved in the design of these. ;)

He was involved with it from the start. He gave us his blessing and was compensate for  his time. 

Awesome, now..

Which Noctua fan to replace the NZXT 92mm fan with?

And which 140mm closed loop single radiator to use with it?

I have a Define R4, and I want to put two 290's in there, along with this. (In the future..)

The tubes should reach the front intake, but I'm not sure which solutions will reach?

Thanks in advance guys!

Yes you can change the 92mm fan. You can use any Asetek Made AIO unit. I have only seen the R4 modded to fit one 280mm rad in fron. I doubt there is enough spacing for 2 140mm rad there.

I've been very excited every since they announced this. But two things since i've seen more up close pcitures... I dont really like how the whole thing is supported just by the 4 screws around the gpu but i guess it had to be that way to be universal. I also wish it had some stick on heatsinks for ram and vrm.

All of the testing we have done, we haven't seen any issue's with heat on the ram or vrm at all. 

Further more, If you guys want a bracket this year, there are 10 white units left. After that you have to wait unit next year. 

They can only be bought at the NZXT Armory Store at this time. 

At 2:05 -> "CPU's kick out a lot more heat than GPU's"

Mistake?

Maybe in relation to die size?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

@NZXT-Eric Thanks for the response! Now i just need to get an AIO cooler modded with two blocks lol.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

On black friday we had a deal for under a $100us Kraken x40 and the bracket. 

I meant a regular bundle deal, black fridays are a bit hectic. ;)

That said, this is a pretty neat product and you guys are getting better and better each year. My next case may very well be an NZXT! If you guys brought back the Rogue and modernized it, I would get it.

nzxt_rogue-003.jpg

Totally not hinting or anything, nope.

Bracket and a 92mm fan are included with the unit. You will need an AIO unit. 

FAIR WARNING - At the time of posting this product is not available yet, so those are just links to search results, but it's going to cost about $30.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1g8Qjt3

Amazon: http://amzn.to/18jXslu

The G10 from NZXT is one of those... little things. It just isn't that crazy of a concept and should have been done ages ago, but it took NZXT to just get in there and do it. I love these guys sometimes.

when will it be come 30 dollars and can u run ur benchmarks with u cards water cooled(780 ti,R9 290x ect...)

Radiator, fan, and cooling block are not actually included.

So you need to get one of these as well http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181029

Still, great idea.

Oh yea, I understand that much. As you say, still a great idea :)

I managed to get a brand new AMD FX water cooler on kijiji for 50$. It's basically a rebranded Antec Kuhler 920 (120mm thick rad)

Now I just need to wait for a sale on a ref. design R9 290...guess I'll have to wait after xmas.

This is very cool. However, it makes sense only for top tier cards. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I'm actually really thinking about getting some of these. However, i'd love to see how they work first.

My Two-way SLI can sometimes get hot (due to the fact i have two GTX480s) but, if this would work with the 480s, i'd consider buying two for the simple fact of how simple and easy it looks to make work as well as drop my GPU temps down a little bit.

ps- Hopefully NCIX stays on par with the NZXT.com site's price.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Wow! now its possible to build the ultimate closed loop cooled PC :P.  

At 2:05 -> "CPU's kick out a lot more heat than GPU's"

Mistake?

Maybe in relation to die size?

No, CPUS make a lot more heat than GPUs in general. Look at how much metal your heatsink on your CPU cooler has compared to your GPU. Metal dissapates heat and my reference 670 has like an each cubed of metal compared to my massive CPU heatsink and they still produce around the same heat. GPU has a lot less cooling capacity due to its form factor and how it has to be facing downwards and you cant really mount a giant tower heatsink on it without bending the pcb and the pci slot and yet I still get the same temps on my cpu than gpu.

Im ready to buy this! But I have to wait next year? The site says out of stock :(

Steam and origins ID: Erebus305

No, CPUS make a lot more heat than GPUs in general. Look at how much metal your heatsink on your CPU cooler has compared to your GPU. Metal dissapates heat and my reference 670 has like an each cubed of metal compared to my massive CPU heatsink and they still produce around the same heat. GPU has a lot less cooling capacity due to its form factor and how it has to be facing downwards and you cant really mount a giant tower heatsink on it without bending the pcb and the pci slot and yet I still get the same temps on my cpu than gpu.

Cooler size != heat generation.

Power consumption = heat generation. A GPU consumers more power, ergo it kicks out more heat. More info here.

The reason you get the same temps on your GPU as your CPU, is a combination of load, fin density, fan speed, fan properties, internal case airflow.