Pewdiepie officially posted an appology for his controversial comment

This is why we can't have nice things in the world and why things like bullying will continue to be a problem and why children/adults will feel like suicide is their only out of certain things.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

264.jpg

Stop being butthurt like a little child. They're just words. They only hold the power over you that you allow.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Memories4K said:

He was playing PUBG and said something along the lines of "Oh man, what a nigger" to an enemy player who was shooting at Felix in the game lmao

No he actually said it when the guy he was shooting at and about to kill shot PDP's defenseless teammate who was lying half dead in the street instead of continuing to try to defend himself against PDP. He knew he was gonna die so he went out of his way to kill the defenseless guy on the ground. THAT is what triggered the outburst.

Nigger is bad word. You shouldn't call another person nigger, in no circumstances. Nigger is a racial slur, so it's offencive. Also if you said nigger, you should be sorry for what you've said. You won't be sued for saying nigger (cause free of speech, all that good stuff, even for the nigger), but other people can get mad when you say nigger and make false DMCA because of that.

That's what i've learned from today.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

*intensely stares at the southern parts of the country & literally all of the economics students*

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.... 

Who the f#ck studies economics? I'm not saying that it's easy, it is, but it's like getting a liberal arts degree. /s

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

8 hours ago, wcreek said:

But frankly like you said and I've said elsewhere, words only have power if we give it power. Yeah the history of the word is rooted in racism but in the modern use of the word I think it's very adaptable. 

He used the word as an insult, not as a compliment.

6 hours ago, Notional said:

264.jpg

Stop being butthurt like a little child. They're just words. They only hold the power over you that you allow.

This is why the whole notion of free speech is retarded and impractical, IMO. No, I'm not advocating for censorship. I just think human nature is too hypocritical for there to ever be true free speech.

The people supporting the idiot for saying something stupid essentially want to silence people who are offended by it. Fun.

And it's just words... Words are nothing, right? So if somebody walked up to your wife or mother and called her a "dumb fucking cunt" I guess you would tell her, "it's just words honey, stop being a snowflake" if she got offended?

No, I am not a SJW and I think they are whiney, entitled children. Yes you can say whatever you want but you shouldn't expect there to be no consequences if you say stupid shit. It's as simple as that.

Well, it's good he aknowledged it and apologised. Unfortunately he doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to this sort of promises...

as somebody pointed out:

15 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

"27 year old adult apologizes for using racial slurs and promises that he will do better, one month after apologizing for making Nazi jokes and saying he will do better, seven months after apologizing for making anti-semitic jokes and saying that he will do better."

Despite what he says I have a feeling that this is how he talks and jokes around with his real life friends, which inevitably spills out in his online persona. If it isn't and he really believes what he's saying he really needs to start thinking about what he says much more carefully from now on - if he cares about his image at all that is.

15 hours ago, Wolther said:

Sad that the world's biggest issue is people getting offended over a word that is said on a live stream. 

I hope all of the  children who had their feelings severely hurt aren't scarred for life /s 

And yet here you are defending him. Perhaps the "offended" are not the only ones who are butthurt about the situation and choose to spend time on this, rather than on the "real" problems of the world.

...since when can we discuss something only if it's one of the world's greatest issues?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

I hear a few people go on about snowfakes and how people should harden up.  That goes both ways, a game dev doesn't want to be associated with pdp so he pulls copyright permission from pdp.  You don't like it, better harden up snowflake.    This shit goes both ways.

I agree, although I'm not convinced there are legal grounds for filing a DMCA on a video that was already published, regardless of what kind of agreement they had on it before.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

16 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

apologizing for making Nazi jokes

hqdefault.jpg

I have no problems making Nazi jokes.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Who the f#ck studies economics? I'm not saying that it's easy, it is, but it's like getting a liberal arts degree. /s

"if you take economics you get rich because you know how money works" - several people i know. It's literally just if you want an easy high-school degree and party away your days without learning anything important 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, OmJo93 said:

He used the word as an insult, not as a compliment.

But you see there's different amounts of context in what could make that insult racist would be the words around the word in question. Frankly though I think more than ever is what that word means today.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigger&defid=1121524

I know urbandict isn't a reliable resource known to many but it does serve its purpose and that is to define slang.

But what the word means barring the slang usage can be found here https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nigger

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

I hear a few people go on about snowfakes and how people should harden up.  That goes both ways, a game dev doesn't want to be associated with pdp so he pulls copyright permission from pdp.  You don't like it, better harden up snowflake.    This shit goes both ways.

Except when the dev literally gave explicit permission for anyone to stream and profit from said streams, filing false DMCA claims is what you're supporting right now because you want to get back at those gosh-darn internet bullies who say bad words.

If you want to talk about how Nintendo files DMCA claims then you can talk because Nintendo explicitly doesn't like streamers profiting or streaming their games, but the Firewatch Dev is not the case.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

9 hours ago, HalGameGuru said:

No he actually said it when the guy he was shooting at and about to kill shot PDP's defenseless teammate who was lying half dead in the street instead of continuing to try to defend himself against PDP. He knew he was gonna die so he went out of his way to kill the defenseless guy on the ground. THAT is what triggered the outburst.

Oh my bad, i saw the clip much earlier than when i posted so i didn't remember correctly; thank you for bringing the proper context

11 hours ago, mr moose said:

I hear a few people go on about snowfakes and how people should harden up.  That goes both ways, a game dev doesn't want to be associated with pdp so he pulls copyright permission from pdp.  You don't like it, better harden up snowflake.    This **** goes both ways.

Except when PDP made this gaffe, he wasn't even playing the game from the dev in question.  In fact, from my understanding, the last time a live stream was made from that dev's game was over a year ago.  The developer is well within their rights to demand he doesn't make any more streams of their games, he is not within his rights to retroactively pull the streaming rights and issue a false DMCA claim.

21 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

People are monitoring him more because of how big he is so he has to watch more what he's saying. If he was some medium channel no one would care. That's it. We've all seen youtubers who had way worse attitude. People making fuss about everything nowadays. It slipped. Happens.

Once again, kudos to Felix for taking this the proper way. 

I've never slipped and called someone a racist slur especially over a video game. 

Just now, Demonking said:

I've never slipped and called someone a racist slur especially over a video game. 

Neither did but happens to some people. I know a lot of people who swear every 2nd word yet they don't mean it, it's how they talk, they are some of the best people who mean nothing bad. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Neither did but happens to some people. I know a lot of people who swear every 2nd word yet they don't mean it, it's how they talk, they are some of the best people who mean nothing bad. 

swearing and calling someone "nigger" aren't exactly the same thing.This is inexcusable behavior, he is a grown man and should know better especially considering he has a large amount of kids watching him. 

5 minutes ago, Demonking said:

swearing and calling someone "nigger" aren't exactly the same thing.This is inexcusable behavior, he is a grown man and should know better especially considering he has a large amount of kids watching him. 

I personally like this quote a lot, since it's completely true.

It is not our mistakes that define who we are; it is how we recover from those mistakes.

He said it, realized that he said it, apologized immediately, said he didn't mean it (you can see his reaction when he said it if you haven't already). This right here is turning into another drama for no reason. He knows kids are watching, hence the actually adult and professional approach to the whole situation.

Also cursing can be far worse than anything else. Sadly but people from Balkan, where I'm from, can attest to that. But I've no intention to go into that.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Demonking said:

They're exactly the same thing lmao
They're words that are socially unacceptable to use because they hurt people's feelings.

He does have a lot of kids watching but he's never really been THAT family-friendly, but like when i was a kid i gravitated to that kind of crude content anyway even if it wasn't for me, most of his fame has been from playing games that kids shouldn't even be playing. So the whole "Think of the children" routine is pretty dry in the large scheme of things.

21 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

4e2fffc8c150e2460b4df84f91a2f301.jpg

It just keeps growing more and more absurd as the months wear by. You and I both know this thread wouldn’t exist if he wasn’t white – so, do we know what that means? Gimme an R, and an A, and a C, and throw in an I, S, and M! What a wonderful world…

Somehow I don't think a majority white audience getting upset because a white dude dropped an N bomb is racism, unless your really suggesting PewDiePie is a race?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

They're exactly the same thing lmao
They're words that are socially unacceptable to use because they hurt people's feelings.

Calling someone a "bitch" isn't like calling someone a "nigger" or a "kike' it is not the same you wouldn't likely get fired from your job calling your co worker a bitch, but you sure most likely will calling him or her a nigger. stop equating swear words with racial slurs they don't carry the same weight.