iPhone 8 and X officially announced

Juanitology

Not sure why everyone cares so much about the X. It's just looks silly without the fingerprint sensor plus the ridiculous price tag. Reminds me of the note 8, I just hope the trend of 900-1000USD phones dies down

Its either the S8, iPhone 8 Plus or the S8+ for me. Bummer about the lack of 3.5mm as usual but I'll just get a third party adapter to charge and use the headphones.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Is the S8 can have BOTH FP and headphone jack in the same size then there is no reason the iphone cant. More options are better people.

if they added in a fingerprint scanner battery life would suffer due to size constrains, and I think most would go for more battery life over a scanner.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

14 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I'm not here to bash you or anything, lol. I will only really bash you if you just go out and buy one right now without knowing anything about what you're buying first. It's your money, muh dude.

I would still advise you to wait for the Pixel 2, though.

Thing is. Based on the rumors I really don't see the Pixel 2 being much different from an 8 other than being on the Android platform. So it basically comes down to which ecosystem you're already invested in/comfortable with.

8 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

No headphone jack, no buy.

Is there really no headphone jack on the X?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Not sure why everyone cares so much about the X. It's just looks silly without the fingerprint sensor plus the ridiculous price tag. 

Its either the S8, iPhone 8 Plus or the S8+ for me. Bummer about the lack of 3.5mm as usual but I'll just get a third party adapter to charge and use the headphones.

eh it's only $40 more then the note, and I have a  feeling prices go down once Samsung no longer has the monopoly on OLED screens

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

And they couldn't even get close to Samsung's peak brightness with the X:

well that kills it for me, better luck next time with OLEDs Apple, I guess it's time to go for the S8(+)/iPhone 8 plus route.

Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Mr Bacon said:

Yes, no headphone jack on the X or the 8

I haven't really missed it since I have had the 7, but I know some that have. I just wish they moved to type C and that would have fixed a lot of problems.

@Mr Bacon God... Well it's not like i was going to buy either of them but it's still very disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

And they couldn't even get close to Samsung's peak brightness with the X:

well that kills it for me, better luck next time with OLEDs Apple, I guess it's time to go for the S8(+)/iPhone 8 plus route.

isn't a +1,000 nits a little overkill?

5 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

eh it's only $40 more then the note, and I have a  feeling prices go down once Samsung no longer has the monopoly on OLED screens

Yeah but the note price is ridiculous as well.

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, shermantanker said:

I haven't really missed it since I have had the 7, but I know some that have. I just wish they moved to type C and that would have fixed a lot of problems.

Since i only really used micro usb connectors i didn't even knew how damn impressive Type C was. 

Why isn't every phone using it?

Just now, shermantanker said:

isn't a +1,000 nits a little overkill?

If you live in a place where the sun shines all week long, maybe it will be nice to have.

Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

@Mr Bacon God... Well it's not like i was going to buy either of them but it's still very disappointing. 

I'm not sad about it really. We need to get away from Aux, it's super old and not nearly as good as what can be done with Lightning or USB. It'd be nice if Apple would switch to USB-C and then the market could flood with USB based earbuds and headphones. I know not everyone feels the same, but it has to happen sooner or later

39 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_x_spotted_on_geekbench_iphone_7s_appears_on_antutu-news-27224.php

This benchmark appeared today and is inline with the 25% increase apple said. Apart from the 24MHz clock speed it seems legitimate.

I'm surprised with the IPC and performance of the chip, it is equalish to my 4690k at 3.5GHz and 95W TDP, what magic sauce is apple using to exceed Intel's IPC by 45% estimated at ~5W??

geekbench is a joke 

@Mr Bacon I would be down if they made it so you can just detach the cable from the headphones and replace them if they break.

10 minutes ago, Mr Bacon said:

Thing is. Based on the rumors I really don't see the Pixel 2 being much different from an 8 other than being on the Android platform. So it basically comes down to which ecosystem you're already invested in/comfortable with.

Rumours, my friend. Just wait a little while, and see if it's more compelling than the 8. It might just be. It's the last major phone release of the year, so once you've seen that you'll be able to pick your favourite phone from the year. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

If you live in a place where the sun shines all week long, maybe it will be nice to have.

I live in Palm Springs, and we only see like 2 clouds a year. Haven't had issues with the screen on the 7.

Basically..

Don't get the 8 but get the X instead. Gotcha.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

36 minutes ago, Mr Bacon said:

We need to get away from Aux, it's super old and not nearly as good as what can be done with Lightning or USB.

People say this like it's a bad thing... It's super old. So what? If it's not broken, don't try to fix it... And there's no reason why a phone can't have a USB port AND a 3.5mm headphone jack. It's never been either or before, why all of a sudden is it now?

This whole argument didn't even exist until Motorola and Apple removed the headphone jack. If OEMs didn't start doing this, this argument wouldn't even exist today... So it's a manufactured "problem" created to defend OEMs doing something completely unnecessary.

Smartphone prices are getting outrageous and I don't blame the OEMs as much as I blame consumers... Instead of speaking with our wallets we go on social media or forums and complain with our words, as if these companies care about our actual thoughts and not just the money in our wallets. Lol.

$1300 for a iPhone X in Canada. $1300 for a Note 8. It's just getting stupid at this point.

9 minutes ago, OmJo93 said:

People say this like it's a bad thing... It's super old. So what? If it's not broken, don't try to fix it... And there's no reason why a phone can't have a USB port AND a 3.5mm headphone jack. It's never been either or before, why all of a sudden is it now?

This whole argument didn't even exist until Motorola and Apple removed the headphone jack. If OEMs didn't start doing this, this argument wouldn't even exist today... So it's a manufactured "problem" created to defend OEMs doing something completely unnecessary.

I mean, just check out google if you don't believe me, but my argument wasn't just that it's old, it's that it's inferior tech. What Lightning and USB provide is better all around compared to Aux. Getting rid of the aux port is controversial, sure, but I think it was the right move. It's helping phase out Aux for something better