Coffee Lake EUROPEAN prices possibly leaked

just_dave

No way it will be $500 in the US, but if these prices are indeed true for Europe, then it could end up being closer to $450 in the US.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

The price is just a conversion. 

The US price in the worst case maximally 450USD. EU is full of cancerous taxes.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

23 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

People buying the 8700k are looking for the best CPU they can buy for gaming.  "HEDT features" like lower IPC and clock speed don't really mean much to them.   

The 8700k will not be priced anywhere near $500 US and these leaks are purely shit news.  It's nothing more than one sketchy source citing another when you look at it.  

Yeah the pricing js most likely bs, but if they are going for a gaming CPU, then they might grab the 6c/6t i5.

It is still Intel after all, 40% performance increase could mean price increase by quite a lot.

Especially here, in Europe, 7700K is attacking the $400 line already.

6 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

EU prices are with taxes always, US prices are usually without taxes, why would US citizen pay taxes for the EU ?

Since the leak is German, we can take German VAT (although typically launch prices are more uniform than VAT):

EUR 419/1.19= EUR 352

At marker exchange rates today: EUR 352 = USD 423

And that's assuming they target the same price in USD around the globe, which no one ever does :P 

10 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Since the leak is German, we can take German VAT (although typically launch prices are more uniform than VAT):

EUR 419/1.19= EUR 352

At marker exchange rates today: EUR 352 = USD 423

And that's assuming they target the same price in USD around the globe, which no one ever does :P 

Looks like Finnish website to me.

We need to take it with a pinch of salt, EU prices are crazy high.

Edit: Now i noticed, prices for Germany leaked as well.

390-400 euros look more relevant.

Gonna be at least 420 here :(

Edited by dave_k
wew

15 minutes ago, dave_k said:

The price is just a conversion. 

The US price in the worst case maximally 450USD. EU is full of cancerous taxes.

Well, at least the taxes have some benefits.

If i cut off 2 fingers tomorrow and they can put them both back, they will, even tho i live with my mother who doesn't work atm and gets help to manage her finances.

If you cut off your 2 fingers tomorrow, live in the US and you can't pay for it, bad luck, you won't get them back.

Also if i need to visit a doctor tomorrow, i only have to pay 1 euro because of support from the government.

So yes taxes are annoying and might look pointless but the benefits you get from the gov are imo worth it, at least if you realize what they actually are which imo not enough people do.

Also, atm i'm studying to get a bachelor degree which cost my mom 170-ish euro's a year. Something like a loan to pay your studies are really rare and usually only a few grand if you somehow need one.

It's mainly thanks to those taxes i can keep going to school and study even tho my mom lives from a financial perspective in a very bad situation.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

7 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Well, at least the taxes have some benefits.

If i cut off 2 fingers tomorrow and they can put them both back, they will, even tho i live with my mother who doesn't work atm and gets help to manage her finances.

If you cut off your 2 fingers tomorrow, live in the US and you can't pay for it, bad luck, you won't get them back.

Also if i need to visit a doctor tomorrow, i only have to pay 1 euro because of support from the government.

So yes taxes are annoying and might look pointless but the benefits you get from the gov are imo worth it, at least if you realize what they actually are which imo not enough people do.

Also, atm i'm studying to get a bachelor degree which cost my mom 170-ish euro's a year. Something like a loan to pay your studies are really rare and usually only a few grand if you somehow need one.

It's mainly thanks to those taxes i can keep going to school and study even tho my mom lives from a financial perspective in a very bad situation.

It is very similiar here in my country.

Healthcare is free, education (elementary and high school) is free.

Everything other is painfully overpriced except food when its not drought strike.

Taxes are good in some way, but goverment of my country does really fuck everything up.

VAT here is 21% + conversion USD > EUR > CZK

People forget that, this pricing is including 20% tax...420 euro - the 20% tax = about 340 euros, which is about 430 US dollars... ouch, still a lot :o

8 minutes ago, dave_k said:

It is very similiar here in my country.

Healthcare is free, education (elementary and high school) is free.

Everything other is painfully overpriced except food when its not drought strike.

Taxes are good in some way, but goverment of my country does really fuck everything up.

VAT here is 21% + conversion USD > EUR > CZK

What about getting stuff from another EU country?

Also it would probably help if your country would adopt the euro but it won't surprise me that won't happen soon due to cultural differences.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, Arokhantos said:

EU prices are with taxes always, US prices are usually without taxes, why would US citizen pay taxes for the EU ?

Where did I say that a us citizen would pay EU tax?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Intel must be really wanting to start using glue now instead of their monolithic die.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

sick prices. More people need to boycott this shit but people don't care and buy. No wonder prices go even more up

Launch price tends to be a bit high, so in the US it might end up at $400 or maybe even slightly under. Compared to the 4-core 7700K for $320-330, that means the price per core goes down noticeably (if you add 50% to the 7700K price, that would be around $490).

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

"HEDT features" like lower IPC and clock speed don't really mean much to them. 

40/44/60+4 PCIe lanes and quad channel memory...

But that's okay. I'll be the smart one. You can be the pretty one.

Except, I'm prettier than you...

Soooo, you can be the likeable one.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You just replied out of context.  No biggie.  I don't want likeable so I'll just take ugly.  

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

I'll just take ugly.

That one goes to @ARikozuM though.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Being the smart one, quad channel memory for gaming. Choose one.

Also, what are more PCIe lanes going to do for you when gaming? 3/4 way SLI was "officially" killed off by Nvidia, and even when "unofficially" used in DX12/Vulkan, you end up with negative performance scaling compared to normal DX11 optimizations. Unless you need a metric ton of storage for all your sweet MLG montages on a massive PCIe M.2 raid with dedicated network cards for your twitch streaming, you will see absolutely no benefit going X299 over the 8700k if you are looking for pure gaming performance from an IPC:Core count perspective. Basically, the exact thing @done12many2 was speaking about. 

You are making a bad habit out of ignoring context entirely, just to post nonsensical things for the sake of banter. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

The 6700k launched at 399 so it's nothing abnormal.

Hmm, MSRP was $350. But maybe the shops put up a $399 price for the first units?

Just now, Sakkura said:

Hmm, MSRP was $350. But maybe the shops put up a $399 price for the first units?

Yeah, that was exactly what happened. Local stores like Microcenter still launched at MSRP. High demand and limited supply is what caused the initial hike. I remember pre-orders causing the online retailers to sell out rather quickly. Luckily, my Microcenter is only 15 minutes away, so if I truly want something bad enough, I just go and pick it up, lol. 

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

You are making a bad habit out of ignoring context entirely,

Context is dave_k stating that performance is good, but the price leak, when doing pure conversion, puts the 8700K in the same range as the 1900X, which has two more cores, two more memory channels, and far more PCIe lanes. Something that would drive stupid consumer to the 1900X, thinking its better, and OEMs capitalizing on that.

And when it comes right down to it, lower IPC and clocks are not inherent features of HEDT. Unless you're saying X99 and X299 do not exist in any capacity.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Context is dave_k stating that performance is good, but the price leak, when doing pure conversion, puts the 8700K in the same range as the 1900X, which has two more cores, two more memory channels, and far more PCIe lanes. Something that would drive stupid consumer to the 1900X, thinking its better, and OEMs capitalizing on that.

And when it comes right down to it, lower IPC and clocks are not inherent features of HEDT. Unless you're saying X99 and X299 do not exist in any capacity.

I specifically mentioned X299 in my post, so you already know I am not saying Intel's HEDT doesn't exist.

The context of Done1's post, was that the 8700k is a consumer gaming CPU, on a consumer platform. People that are looking to buy a gaming CPU, are not going to sacrifice on aspects that make gaming CPU's fast, such as higher core clocks, and superior IPC in those workloads. You quoted him directly, and mentioned PCIe lane count and quad channel memory, as if those are features that your average gamer will leverage. As for whether or not lower IPC and clocks are "inherent features" of HEDT, it's safe to say that they are byproducts of the platform itself, given the compromises required to achieve quad channel memory, and higher core counts. Physics will limit your clock speeds on higher core count SKU's, and IPC will certainly be impacted by latency-bound applications due to the restructured cache architecture and general nature of higher-channel ram. 

All of this is based on a rumored price that is absolutely false. Anyone that honestly thinks these CPU's will be priced at, or higher than intel's 7800X is fooling themselves. That CPU is a $400 CPU on a higher end platform. It is certainly safe to assume that this consumer level 6-core SKU will not cost more than that. In fact, it would have to cost less than that, or they risk stepping on the toes of their higher end platform. I will bet that MSRP will be $350ish, just like every other consumer-level i7 flagship of late.

7700k is ~350E on amazon.es and ~$350 USD on amazon.com

So just converting the euro price to dollars is not how products are priced.

If the 8700K will be 420E then we can probably expect it to be approx. $420 USD too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I think we've gone way off topic, let's get this thread back on track :D

These prices are kinda ridiculous, I hope that they are not accurate :/

If the €420 price tag is true then I have yet again no reason to move away from Haswell.